Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love seeing your pics and everyone else's! It gives me ideas for some truly awesome poses! Dang haters.

Don't worry I'll still keep posting pics, like I said, i' m not going to stop..if it bothers others just ignore it. I'm not about making enemies. So I'll compromise and not go crazy, however it does bother me when I go to this thread and I see more than one page or two about people complaining about SSC shipping or flexplay charges . I think there should be another thread if people just want to whine about that. That's partly why I gives us pics, so we don't get bored with the thread and lose interest from the figure because of such negativity.

All I want to do in addition is to answer some concerns if any, when people ask about the figures issues. I feel as a avid collector, it is my duty to help others who are willing to give these HT a chance and see the positives out way the negatives.

But I also don't want to bore or confuse us with long worded proof so that's why I try my best to show my answers to somebody's questions and a solution to them through pictures instead. I feel if we see what I'm thinking, it would seem less confusing :lecture

Just making sure. I really did come in peace.:dunno

I think I get that now, NoSe. I think you got some blow back from a few other threads where the person saying people were posting too much were not really about peace. I think I took it out on you a little. sorry...:monkey2

If it matters, I never take anything personally. So I completely understand your feelings towards my pics

I like your pics. And as someone who also puts their artwork "out there" for consumption/criticism, I meant it to be constructive. IMO, less can be more, but obviously there is a vocal contingent that are enjoying your method. Fair play, I'm not ashamed to be smacked down by positivity. :duff

I think I get that now, NoSe. I think you got some blow back from a few other threads where the person saying people were posting too much were not really about peace. I think I took it out on you a little. sorry...:monkey2

No hard feelings. Like I said, I also appreciate (and encourage) supporting creativity.

But full disclosure: I also don't have a problem with Jar-Jar. :monkey3

Just got BB-8 from Toy Anxiety today. It really is a cool little "figure" they produced. I had a hard time putting it down as I kept spinning it watching his little dome trying to keep up. I don't have any nit picks other than the lack of the "thumbs up" extension. Such a glaring omission as far as accessories go, considering it was one of the funniest moments in the movie. One other thing I found kind of strange is that he comes with the little tray that he keeps the memory stick in but they didn't include the memory stick. I know it's just a little piece but I'd probably use the tray if he came with both. Who knows, maybe that'll be the EX included with Poe, when they release him 3 years from now.

Paint and weathering are exceptional and the light up feature is nice to have but I wouldn't miss it if it wasn't there.

I like your pics. And as someone who also puts their artwork "out there" for consumption/criticism, I meant it to be constructive. IMO, less can be more, but obviously there is a vocal contingent that are enjoying your method. Fair play, I'm not ashamed to be smacked down by positivity. :duff

No hard feelings. Like I said, I also appreciate (and encourage) supporting creativity.

But full disclosure: I also don't have a problem with Jar-Jar. :monkey3

:goodpost:

Got any Pics FMH ?

Just got BB-8 from Toy Anxiety today. It really is a cool little "figure" they produced. I had a hard time putting it down as I kept spinning it watching his little dome trying to keep up. I don't have any nit picks other than the lack of the "thumbs up" extension. Such a glaring omission as far as accessories go, considering it was one of the funniest moments in the movie. One other thing I found kind of strange is that he comes with the little tray that he keeps the memory stick in but they didn't include the memory stick. I know it's just a little piece but I'd probably use the tray if he came with both. Who knows, maybe that'll be the EX included with Poe, when they release him 3 years from now.

Paint and weathering are exceptional and the light up feature is nice to have but I wouldn't miss it if it wasn't there.

I personally think they're waiting for Ep8 for Poe. There won't be that many new characters in the film, so HT need to pace themselves. Plus they've had all the Rogue One to design, finish and advertise.

There's no Poe because no one, not even the people who made the film, expected him to be popular. He was supposed to be a one-off.

There's no Poe because no one, not even the people who made the film, expected him to be popular. He was supposed to be a one-off.

I'm not sure I agree. I think you could make that statement about Lor San Tekka or even maybe General Hux, and he certainly didn't get too much screen time.

But Poe is the first Resistance fighter we meet, he's trusted by Liea herself to find the map to Luke, he's described as the best young pilot in the force, he's BB-8's master, he is the instrument of Finn's escape and therefore gets credit for being at least one of the deliverers of the map to Liea and the Resistance, he personally destroyed Death Star 8 (or 9, I lose count). And if all that's not enough for ya, HE'S MENTIONED IN HOLY THE OPENING CRAWL!!

I think the producers new he'd be plenty popular. I think Hot Toys just had to draw a line with their blue print for TFA figures which was certainly developed LONG before anyone new if the new movies was going to "work" or not for figure buying die hard fans. They probably had some Intel on the screen time issue and made the call.

Bottom line I guess would be, which of the character figures that were produced would you switch for Poe? And don't think there are any, so if they Had to go with a certain number of produced figures, I'd guess they got it right...

Last edited:
Yeah I am surprised we didn't get a Poe, but as important a role as he played in the movie, he really wasn't IN it very much so I'm willing to wait for an Ep 8 version of the character instead.

Especially since, by the time the figure was released, Ep 8 would have come out already anyway. :D

Back