Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've posed my figures in all sorts of areas and weather.
I've posed my Sideshow Hoth Luke and Tauntaun in 8 feet of snow.
Just to get the Hoth effect.

I've posed my Hot Toys Predators in the woods behind my house.
My twin brother bought Maleficent in Portland,ME and posed her along an ocean cliff in York,ME.
When my lawn comes back from being scorched all summer I'll be digging a hole for Ant-Man to be sticking out of.
That was you! :clap

I'm personally waiting for HT ROTS Obi-Wan and Anakin figures and a live volcano to take some Mustafar duel shots.

That was you! :clap

I'm personally waiting for HT ROTS Obi-Wan and Anakin figures and a live volcano to take some Mustafar duel shots.

Come on Mt. St. Helens, you're due for another explosion. I have Mustafar shots that need to be taken. :lol

Just picked up my set from a UPS center at lunch. She will only be my second HT after Leia. Won't be able to cracker open til after work. :(

Ugh - UPS updated my shipping. Instead of Wednesday, it's now Thursday instead. It's JUST left HK. So bloody annoying! :impatient:

Come on Mt. St. Helens, you're due for another explosion. I have Mustafar shots that need to be taken. [emoji38]
1st time there was some snow earlier this year!
91716bc86272dea55f4b254ff51f8153.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'll getcha, G!

So far all of yours with the saber have benefitted from some creative lighting to get a nice ambient glow (don't think I haven't noticed the skill). For the most part I'm jumping in when the LED saber looks a bit dead through no fault of the original photographer.

I've actually been waiting for you to protest, though :rotfl

I'll getcha, G!

So far all of yours with the saber have benefitted from some creative lighting to get a nice ambient glow (don't think I haven't noticed the skill). For the most part I'm jumping in when the LED saber looks a bit dead through no fault of the original photographer.

I've actually been waiting for you to protest, though :rotfl

It's cool man.. You know I'm looking more in terms of how others will react if you spruce some of mine. I'm sure they will notice :wink1:

BTW, all I'm doing is using a cheap nightstand light do most of the work. But I'm actually moving the light ( which is coiled ) to hit the illumination of the saber at the right moment

I try to do the same with her face :wave

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The freaks have no idea how much effort I put in these shots. I have no choice. I have minimal to lousy back drops and props to work with. Mostly working with my white wall above my bedpost, the only picturesque area in my entire room. :slap

So I try not to get you guys bored with my background that's why I choose the articulated shots :wave

Well, you've always been one of may favorite photographers out here, Guyver. I think that started when you were customizing and shooting your Winter Soldier Widow way back when. It's not to hard to tell the ones who are taking some extra care in the set up.

I also appreciate the raw point and shoot stuff when this figures get released, I must say, when we're all dying to get a first glimpse..!

921image.jpeg

I got an idea QGF see if you can help me with this one

I think people will get a kick out of it

This too..

Some late night shots on my eldest daughters desk after she finished her homework.

6A4vaEEl.jpg

DOnmRUnl.jpg

uwoqFwsl.jpg

oXMsfm2l.jpg

zDiAl5ll.jpg

QivrkYml.jpg

TVrV11Xl.jpg

As mentioned earlier, she's only my second Hot Toys after Leia (and SS Artoo). I never intended to collect them but I couldn't be happier how they both turned out. Kinda overwhelmed too with all of Rey's accessories I have yet to break in. I want to say I'm good and don't need anything else but not sure if I could resist a Jyn Erso and K-2SO set or whatever when they come around.

Turns out that the figure shipped from HK and then to the States and is now in transit to the UK.

I give up.........

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back