HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

General question: I have a dx 12 that I put on display and never touched afterward. I put the unwcowled HS on first, then put it back in the box and had it with the cowled HS and standard fists for the remainder of the time. Everything else remained in the box: that is, the only things I touched were the mouth pieces, Head sculpts, body, two fist, and the stand. I put them all back into the box some time ago knowing that I would likely sell it because I didn't (nor do I) have the means to set up a proper display area for it.
Aside from dust (which I immediately dusted,) and small scuffs on the corners of the box, there is no damage whatsoever on those pieces that I did touch to either pose on the figure, or to try momentarily.
The figure is practically in the condition it came in, and the box has small signs of tearage on the corners of the binding where the blanketing box over folds twice over onto and off of the side.
I'm putting it on eBay and am wondering what a reasonable asking price is. I saw a few unboxed dx 12's going for a $350 asking price. I'm thinking of doing the the same, and leaving it to auction. I will be completely forthright about the small scuffs on the box and which parts i used to display it.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks so much for taking the time, guys.

Respectfully,
Pete

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I think you might be able to sell it for a little more but reasonable is subjective

Hi all,

I'm thinking about making a new custom accessory for HT's Batman and Bane figures in some weeks after other projects:

169047-970x600-1.jpeg

Could make a small run, but I'd need at least ten people to make this happen.
The price would depend on the number of people interested,
so please lmk what you think and if this would be something for you!

Would make it with a movie accurate display and I'd probably make an un-lighted and an evenly lighted version.

If you're interested: :wave

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?144185

Last edited:

I just got this figure in today but I have a question about it. Does the cape snap into place, or do you just press it in? The black plastic pieces that go into the stick out a littler bit and come out easily but I'm scared to push them in too far in fear or breaking it. Are the pieces the go into the slot supposed to stick out? Thanks.

You're supposed to jam them in there. I would reccomend lforigno's custom cape though

remove the cape clips and us some thing flat to press cape into the shoulder slots thats what i did cape stays on fine too

I just got this figure in today but I have a question about it. Does the cape snap into place, or do you just press it in? The black plastic pieces that go into the stick out a littler bit and come out easily but I'm scared to push them in too far in fear or breaking it. Are the pieces the go into the slot supposed to stick out? Thanks.

Buy some black material and cut out your own custom cape.

I'm surprised a lot of people have trouble getting the cape holder slots in. It was actually pretty easy, but then again I had practice with the DX02. One 1/2 of the slot goes in, the other stays out, but it should rest on top of the armor and not stick upwards much. I should try to make a tutorial one day when I'm with my figure again.

I'm surprised a lot of people have trouble getting the cape holder slots in. It was actually pretty easy, but then again I had practice with the DX02. One 1/2 of the slot goes in, the other stays out, but it should rest on top of the armor and not stick upwards much. I should try to make a tutorial one day when I'm with my figure again.

My DX12 cape does not fit into the suit at all. Despite Maglor constantly telling everyone how easy it is and posting his tutorial 6 billion times a day, it does not go in.

Has he ran away? :wink1:

You're supposed to jam them in there. I would reccomend lforigno's custom cape though

This would be my recommendation if you don't want to make your own. I love the look of his cape on mine. He sells them on eBay too. Just search for Dark Knight cape.

I think you might be able to sell it for a little more but reasonable is subjective

I suppose by "reasonable," I'm referring to the average price other people on eBay would charge for a near mint DX12. I've perused the listings, and could only find new, unboxed figures.

Also, by "reasonable," I mean that a potential buyer wouldn't scoff at the price. It's my understanding that the reserve price I'd request on eBay could result in my item not having sold by the end of the auction.

Do you suppose that I have good reason to suspect that my item may end up being sold for an unusually low bid (if I put it up for auction without a reserve price... perhaps just a BIN price?)

The only reason I'd get rid of this figure is if it helps my financial skitchuation, and I'd need around $400 for it to be worth it.

Let me know if that makes any sense. And thanks for taking the time to answer, man. Much appreciated.

With respect,

Pete

General question: I have a dx 12 that I put on display and never touched afterward. I put the unwcowled HS on first, then put it back in the box and had it with the cowled HS and standard fists for the remainder of the time. Everything else remained in the box: that is, the only things I touched were the mouth pieces, Head sculpts, body, two fist, and the stand. I put them all back into the box some time ago knowing that I would likely sell it because I didn't (nor do I) have the means to set up a proper display area for it.
Aside from dust (which I immediately dusted,) and small scuffs on the corners of the box, there is no damage whatsoever on those pieces that I did touch to either pose on the figure, or to try momentarily.
The figure is practically in the condition it came in, and the box has small signs of tearage on the corners of the binding where the blanketing box over folds twice over onto and off of the side.
I'm putting it on eBay and am wondering what a reasonable asking price is. I saw a few unboxed dx 12's going for a $350 asking price. I'm thinking of doing the the same, and leaving it to auction. I will be completely forthright about the small scuffs on the box and which parts i used to display it.

Respectfully,
Pete[/QUOTE]

I finally got the cape to stay in. My thumbs now hurt but I finally got in properly haha. I won't be taking it out often.

I need one so bad... Anyone want to cut a deal?

P1050004(modified).jpg
Batman is cool without the cape
p.s. first pic in this forum :wink1:

I suppose by "reasonable," I'm referring to the average price other people on eBay would charge for a near mint DX12. I've perused the listings, and could only find new, unboxed figures.

Also, by "reasonable," I mean that a potential buyer wouldn't scoff at the price. It's my understanding that the reserve price I'd request on eBay could result in my item not having sold by the end of the auction.

Do you suppose that I have good reason to suspect that my item may end up being sold for an unusually low bid (if I put it up for auction without a reserve price... perhaps just a BIN price?)

The only reason I'd get rid of this figure is if it helps my financial skitchuation, and I'd need around $400 for it to be worth it.

Let me know if that makes any sense. And thanks for taking the time to answer, man. Much appreciated.

With respect,

Pete

You're over-thinking this.

Put it up on Ebay for the lowest price that you would be happy selling it for. Three things can happen:

A) It sells for 1 bid, in which case you're fine because you set it at a price you were happy with in the first place.

B) It sells for more than 1 bid, in which case you're fine because you sold it for MORE than the price you were happy with selling it at.

C) It doesn't sell, in which case you're fine because you still have the figure and haven't lost any money. You can relist it for the same price or try lowering the price if you think you'd be happy with a lower price. Or you can keep it.

Respectfully,
Pete
[/QUOTE]

Definitely put a reserve price on your auction. I learned that the hard way when I sold my BR Joker.

Back