HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Nice pose and photography! :)

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

8380_1941376156001622_1939233633_n.jpg

Cheers. You know after the DX-02 skyrocketing in price after its release, I thought HT were going to saturate the market with the DX-12. It seemed like it too, with word of SS getting multiple shipments of the thing, but this seems to have dried up as well.

Buuuuut... if this does turn into another DX-02 situation, $350 will seem like a bargain in a few months :(
That's why we buy 2 of each!

Damn thought that was a screen cap or something. Dying to get this figure now.

I never could work this out....

Yet, if I knew nothing about Hot Toys and I saw the DX12 I would think it was a kid's toy, there is nothing realistic about the head sculpt at all.

people who think that are more then welcome to spend 10 bucks on mattels offerings. it might give them some perspective

You can push/pull the arm at the shoulder, giving it an impression of different lengths if one is pushed in and the other pulled out.

also make sure you have the gauntlets pushed as far as they can go upwards. this adds to the illusion of long (fore)arms and also causes the hands to pop off at the slightest touch. the arm length is one of the reasons i haven't cut my gloves like everyone else seems to be doing. it makes the arm too short and you have to rely on pulling the arms down almost all the way to achieve a natural length again.

too much sacrifice in the articulation for the atheistic for me.

Last edited:

Warden lives high up? Bokeh heaven. :D

28th floor :hi5:

I don't know much about photography, I just try to put the figure in natural light. I think those pictures came out quite well, was left with about 100 unusable ones though... :slap

which has the better head sculpt BB's batman/ Bruce Wayne or the DX 12

Dx12 has the better Wayne sculpt and toy fair bb has the better cowled head.

How do you guys get your capes to lay so flat on the shoulders? are you still using the stock capes or are they custom?

How do you guys get your capes to lay so flat on the shoulders? are you still using the stock capes or are they custom?

You have to use a custom cape. Says so in the HT instruction booklet :wave

"Customer no whine when custom capes insert" or something like that.

You have to use a custom cape. Says so in the HT instruction booklet :wave

"Customer no whine when custom capes insert" or something like that.

Haha thanks. Thats what I was thinking. The stock cape is a little too puffy. I might look into getting a custom.

I got my stock cape pretty flat. I had inserted it wrong the first time and I had trouble getting the clip out so I left it alone, but on the verge of buying a custom I futzed it and now its flat

Haha thanks. Thats what I was thinking. The stock cape is a little too puffy. I might look into getting a custom.

At the prices that most custom capes run "Why not just replace it" is what most people have thought since the one included is adequate but not at all great for a figure of this caliber.

I'm think of making a Batman wedding cape. It'll be 36" long. Then I'll have a couple of the mini cosbaby figures carry the trailing end.

and a bouquet of batarangs and minibombs ~ how lovely!

I got my stock cape pretty flat. I had inserted it wrong the first time and I had trouble getting the clip out so I left it alone, but on the verge of buying a custom I futzed it and now its flat

Yeah I messed with it a couple times and got it better. But still not as flat as it sits in the movie. I get nervous that I'm going to break the clips off the cape.

1: make sure the clips are FULLY and properly inserted.
2: fold the ends of the cape inside towards the back of the figure and under the actual back of the cape. the ends should be touching one another if you flip the cap up and look under at them.
3: use the wire to shape the ends around the shoulder/back

out of the box the cape takes some futzing and "training" to get it to lay as it should due to how it is packaged. it should start to pleat right on its own once you do all three of the things above.

Last edited:
Back