HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

$260 MSRP

+

$30 cape,

$290

+

$30 faceplate,

$320

+

$100 headsculpt,

$420

+

$105 knock off Sonar headsculpt

$525

+

$95 cheap, knock off, recast cape pack

$620

Gutting (undersuit), breaking (PERS, armor plating), cutting (hands), and cracking your $620 figure apart like fresh, steamed crab so it looks *a little* different from before afterafter all the jerry rigging?

Priceless.

Well, maybe not as priceless as a year or two from now when Hot Toys releases another TDK suited Batman figure which makes everyone's $300 - $600 1/6 figure obsolete.

This post made me die a little, inside.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

anyone box damaged or ripping along the hinge?

Box seems to be very poorly made

$260 MSRP

+

$30 cape,

$290

+

$30 faceplate,

$320

+

$100 headsculpt,

$420

+

$525

+

$620

Gutting (undersuit), breaking (PERS, armor plating), cutting (hands), and cracking your $620 figure apart like fresh, steamed crab so it looks *a little* different from before afterafter all the jerry rigging?

Priceless.

Well, maybe not as priceless as a year or two from now when Hot Toys releases another TDK suited Batman figure which makes everyone's $300 - $600 1/6 figure obsolete.

I'm just glad that I'm not a perfectionist. Haven't done a single mod to my Batman and am more than happy with it. Sometimes I stop and look at it and think "man, that is a great figure." But hey, to each their own.:)

cheers not impressed with the box seems as if someone tried to wallpaper it badly lol

lol I had the same reaction as you when I first saw it on my first figure (also had a rip in the same spot).

$260 MSRP

+

$30 cape,

$290

+

$30 faceplate,

$320

+

$100 headsculpt,

$420

+

$525

+

$620

Priceless.

I think that's why I haven't bought this guy. I'll be honest, I'm pretty harsh when it comes to this figure, but it does have a lot of great qualities. I'd say, with the exception of a few QC issues (misaligned chest plates), this thing is fantastic from the neck down. The boots, though they bothered me at first, don't seem to be very much of a problem, aesthetically, but, dammit, I just cannot get behind the headsculpt.

The Bruce Wayne sculpt looks awesome, but I feel like secondary features should not be the main selling points for $250+ action figures. Seriously, though, I don't even think that the faces are bad, they just aren't Batman. The cowl has some minor issues with shape, but, between the eyes and the bizarre faceplates, I just can't support this thing. The more I think about it, though, the more I believe that it's HT's fault that this thing is deconstructed. I'll give you one reason: the DX 09. That was their first go at a Michael Keaton Batman; body? Nailed it. Accessories? Nailed it. PERS? Nailed it. Faceplates? Arguably their best work.

It's not a bad figure, it's just disappointing. The 89 stuff was great, but, even setting that aside, I feel like this figure is the black sheep of the Nolan Batman line. He seems to be inferior to the DX 11, Catwoman, and, judging by what people are saying, even Bane (who, though he has his fair share if issues, is still recognizable). I just hope that, in a year or two, we get a new one that does the MAIN character of the series as much justice as his supporting counterparts.

I think that's why I haven't bought this guy. I'll be honest, I'm pretty harsh when it comes to this figure,

Unless the product in-hand is dramatically different than all the images posted here, I have to believe this entire post was a joke. With regards to the price, it's what the market will bear. Obviously they didn't price it as high as they could have, because it's sold out everywhere. This is a collectible, so you need to forget about trying to calculate the cost of materials and extras. There's always room for improvement in everything, that's life.

Even at $260 SRP we have no idea what Hot Toys margin is. After licensing and manufacturing it may very well be slim. Don't forget too that every product needs to be approved by the licensors - this is the one that was approved.

I wasn't joking in my post, and I don't think DiFabio was, either.:dunno

my dx12 :)
IMG_0272_zps57a61642.jpg

I know that look.... "I can take the car but the weather is nice & I look cool in my motorcycle gear... I'll take the bike!" Lol. Btw, just got my Bats & it's pretty darn sweet!

$260 MSRP

+

$30 cape,

$290

+

$30 faceplate,

$320

+

$100 headsculpt,

$420

+

$525

+

$620

Priceless.

Lol. :lol

:lecture

Sick Collection bigpig

Nice Billy Bookcase , i have the same thing

Sick Collection bigpig

Nice Billy Bookcase , i have the same thing

Thanks very much.

Yup big fan of the billy system this is the whole lot behind the sofa in the living room.

IMG_0749.jpg
shelfs are a lot fuller now :D

Thanks very much.

Yup big fan of the billy system this is the whole lot behind the sofa in the living room.

IMG_0749.jpg
shelfs are a lot fuller now :D

:clap:rock:rock:clap That's an awesome setup brother , i love the corner one you have , iit ties all of them in nicely . I plan on getting more once i move :hi5:

Unless the product in-hand is dramatically different than all the images posted here, I have to believe this entire post was a joke. With regards to the price, it's what the market will bear. Obviously they didn't price it as high as they could have, because it's sold out everywhere. This is a collectible, so you need to forget about trying to calculate the cost of materials and extras. There's always room for improvement in everything, that's life.

Even at $260 SRP we have no idea what Hot Toys margin is. After licensing and manufacturing it may very well be slim. Don't forget too that every product needs to be approved by the licensors - this is the one that was approved.

licensors approve on everything that's sales. They don't care about accuracy or what is off. That's HT jobs to get it right. I'm right I there with batfan. To me it a good peice. It's not great. HT can ur better, we seen there talent. Dx12 is off. But since I'm a die hard batman fan? I have to have it regardless of the falws.

Nice set up, can't wait to get my collection set up will be sure to post pics as soon as I do but an important component arrived today for what will become the Dark Knight Trilogy display.

batlogoecko_zpsfed52401.jpg

What can I say Mr Ecko it's pure awesomeness! :yess:

Nice set up, can't wait to get my collection set up will be sure to post pics as soon as I do but an important component arrived today for what will become the Dark Knight Trilogy display.

batlogoecko_zpsfed52401.jpg

What can I say Mr Ecko it's pure awesomeness! :yess:

:rock:rock:rock tHANKS BUDDY , GLAD YOU LIKE IT . I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR DISPLAY :panic:

Knows anyone if the custom cape can be ironed? Mine has some wrinkles, nothing serious, but...

Back