HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

my DX12 with custom mouth piece by robbiethepainter, gloves and neck mods, and custom cape by lforigno...

735550_10151299627464194_1662650959_o.jpg

Empire-Magazine-Future-Cover-the-dark-knight-rises-30928415-607-804.png

Neck length looks pretty darn good IMHO.

Last edited:
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

gonna use your guide to do it.. but still kinda scared that i might *****ked things up... but i gotta do it..

You gonna realign the chest plate well you're at it?

Gonna repost this again:

For those having trouble getting the cape to lay flat.

The part of the clip indicated by the arrow below needs to be pushed under the suit. Until you do that it will be a constant problem. Once you get it under the suit you literally never need to think about it again. It will lay flat until the day you remove the cape.

IMG_4141crop.jpg

Here is what you should see once the clip is in place:

IMG_4140crop.jpg

That pic was such a help when I first opened mine a few weeks back. I had no clue how to get the cape in properly. :slap

:wave Hey guys, wanted to share one more new mod. New non-pers eyes for Batman, taken from the Bruce sculpt. I carved into one and painted it. Also displayed here with Robbie's custom face plate.

And with these two alterations, I think I am truly done with any intensive mods for this figure. I am looking forward to outfitting this with the custom cowl from monkeyrobotmaster, but aside from that I can't think of anything else I could do with it.

IMG_7045s_zps1a871530.png

IMG_7039s_zps8d8a97ea.png

IMG_7058s_zpsed79d325.png

IMG_7070s_zpsf17994da.png

IMG_7037s_zpsfd05fdf4.png

Tried to futz with it aka pull on it and here's what I came up with.

With the belt:
7B5F471F-650A-4296-AFC0-6AC8AE4945F0-3673-00000258953B17AF.jpg

943540C3-1AFC-4B2E-B440-6CD833462ECF-3673-00000258982E4042.jpg

Without the belt:
85A123E7-A6FE-4863-9083-88C80F84C02A-3673-000002572DB38847.jpg

52DBF2A8-06D4-479B-A98B-5431BC5C9E67-3673-0000025732D4943D.jpg

and the lifting back plate:

1B4876F1-BD5B-4F81-A497-86978FDECBFC-3673-000002572A55BB52.jpg

Worth replacing? Im curious, when you guys close the legs completely what is it supposed to look like? Does the cod piece pull toward one side or the other?

The strap down the center/middle of the abs is like that just incase anyone's worried. The left or right sides of the abs cover it a tiny bit. Mine definitely is and I looked at pics of other people's and they are the same as well.

So no worries there, don't concern yourself with that. As long as the abs themselves aren't misaligned, and yours aren't, you're good.

The codpiece is an issue though so if you couldn't straighten it out, you're going to have to gently peel it and then glue it.

My T2 T-800 had a silver stud that fell off the jacket lapel. I used Aleene's Original Tacky Glue, it's made for crafts and fabrics (brown bottle, google it). For broken off pieces and other damage, I used Quick Grip from beacon. It's in a yellow and green tube, google it. Tacky Glue is at Michael's, Quick Grip is at Michael's and Walmart. Both glues are as good or better than the crap Hot Toys uses.

Just a dab will do ya.

:wave Hey guys, wanted to share one more new mod. New non-pers eyes for Batman, taken from the Bruce sculpt. I carved into one and painted it. Also displayed here with Robbie's custom face plate.

And with these two alterations, I think I am truly done with any intensive mods for this figure. I am looking forward to outfitting this with the custom cowl from monkeyrobotmaster, but aside from that I can't think of anything else I could do with it.

Damn. That's ****ing amazing...... :thud:

Impressive mod! I can see that it looks very well done, but I honestly don't see Any Bale in there at all. Looks like a cosplayer IMO.

Not gonna lie that modded faceplate looks so weird. The mouth looks way too big, so does the chin.

The strap down the center/middle of the abs is like that just incase anyone's worried. The left or right sides of the abs cover it a tiny bit. Mine definitely is and I looked at pics of other people's and they are the same as well.

So no worries there, don't concern yourself with that. As long as the abs themselves aren't misaligned, and yours aren't, you're good.

The codpiece is an issue though so if you couldn't straighten it out, you're going to have to gently peel it and then glue it.

My T2 T-800 had a silver stud that fell off the jacket lapel. I used Aleene's Original Tacky Glue, it's made for crafts and fabrics (brown bottle, google it). For broken off pieces and other damage, I used Quick Grip from beacon. It's in a yellow and green tube, google it. Tacky Glue is at Michael's, Quick Grip is at Michael's and Walmart. Both glues are as good or better than the crap Hot Toys uses.

Just a dab will do ya.

Yep. Mine is and I never noticed till these pics went up.

And I've been preaching Quick Grip since the DX02. :exactly:

I bought mine at Hobby Lobby.

Quick Grip is probably better in this instance than Tacky Glue because of the codpiece itself. It's a lot bigger than a small, little silver lapel stud. The latter will still work though.

I don't know what glue they (Hot Toys) uses, but it's cheap crap. It's usually applied sparingly like in the case of magnets for DX heads, magnets, belts, etc. I still remember how prominent the problem of neck rings popping out of the heads was on the older figures with sculpted necks.

Impressive mod! I can see that it looks very well done, but I honestly don't see Any Bale in there at all. Looks like a cosplayer IMO.

Both the eyes and mouth are taken from the DX12 Bale sculpt though. :lol

Well, I like it. nothing more I can do without having to sculpt entirely new parts for the cowl.

Not gonna lie that modded faceplate looks so weird. The mouth looks way too big, so does the chin.

Maybe. I could make one from the Bruce sculpt I just carved into. Maybe I could shrink it somehow.

I personally like Robbie's face plate. It's either that or this:

IMG_7060s_zpsb107cc2d.png

Well, I like it. nothing more I can do without having to sculpt entirely new parts for the cowl.

Maybe. I could make one from the Bruce sculpt I just carved into. Maybe I could shrink it somehow.

I personally like Robbie's face plate. It's either that or this:

The weird thing is it looks fine as part of the BW sculpt, but when that portion of the sculpt is taken to use for Batman, it looks extremely odd.:dunno

IMG_7060s_zpsb107cc2d.png

I know, but I think it has something to do with the cowl being a bit too small? maybe by compressing those parts (eyes and mouth) it sort of change the likeness? That said, I think the Bale sculpt that comes with the DX12 is like maybe 90% likeness at best.

I think that smirking mouthplate is still the best, out of the whole bunch (including the mouthplate from the Bale sculpt). But yeah, I totally agree, at the end of the day you are the one who should be happy with it and you should be, its an impressive mod nonetheless.:clap

The weird thing is it looks fine as part of the BW sculpt, but when that portion of the sculpt is taken to use for Batman, it looks extremely odd.:dunno

I know, but I think it has something to do with the cowl being a bit too small? maybe by compressing those parts (eyes and mouth) it sort of change the likeness? That said, I think the Bale sculpt that comes with the DX12 is like maybe 90% likeness at best.

I think that smirking mouthplate is still the best, out of the whole bunch (including the mouthplate from the Bale sculpt). But yeah, I totally agree, at the end of the day you are the one who should be happy with it and you should be, its an impressive mod nonetheless.:clap

Sorry you fellas feel that way.

I stand behind Robbie's face plate. I was taking test shots of it when I first got it and I thought it was simply exceptional, especially at about 3/4s.

IMG_6995_zpsa98c69a6.png

Plasmid, that looks awesome. I tried doing that as well, but I wanted to retain pers. goes without saying, it was disastrous. Hollowing out the eyes were way too hard and far beyond my current skill set.

It's interesting though, you took the eyes from the Wayne sculpt right? I'm assuming you made an eye plate, sort of like the plate that housed pers, but without the pers. the eyes are kind of the same size as the original plate. A bit smaller, but a quick glance, none would be the wiser.

I like it though. Especially with Robbie's mouth plate.

Back