HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

These mods and improvements all look excellent guys!

Still I don't think we should have to mod a $250+ figure in the first place, let alone carve up parts of other figures in our collections to help do so. Hot Toys really let me down with this one. If they don't improve upon the Bane prototype, they've saved me a lot of money I had planned to happily give them.

It's a decent figure straight out the box.

IMG_4120.jpg

I'm pretty satisfied with what i see of the final product, i don't think this figure is in desparate need of these kinds of changes.

I actually agree with you. Even though it is somewhat of a disappointing figure, it's still the best stock Dark Knights suit bat overall.

Hi mate! Could you please explain us how did you make the mouthplate fit in the cowl?

Thanks in advance!

To me the inaccurate shape around the back is a major issue, I plan to have at least 2-3 of these on display in various dios and I can't get around the inaccurate profile - even if its not strictly visible it will always bother me

I head ya. You might be surprised once you see it in-hand though. The extreme profile isn't bad actually. There is only one angle (half from the front, half from the side) where it looks like the back of his head is flat.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Hi mate! Could you please explain us how did you make the mouthplate fit in the cowl?

Thanks in advance!

I'll take some pics later...

I have the DX2 and this new one is on the way. Can the face plates from the DX2 also fit this one? If so would anyone say one is better than the other or is the mod needed regardless?

One page back. :wink1:

I'm pretty happy with this guy straight out of the box..but the mods I've seen so far do seem to be improvements. Without spares to try them on though I'm still hesitant.

It would be great if someone compiled all the mods and posted a thread with tutorials and pictures. Sure it would save people a lot of trouble searching and keep inquiry posts to a minimum.

One gripe I do have with the DX12 is the way they've made it impossible to straight swap the Bruce sculpt onto other figures with the change in size of both sides of the neck adapter....:slap pain in the a**.

This is a good idea. I'll se what I can do. :)

Is AlterEgoComics shipping these out already? I forgot I had a second one ordered with them.

Roy please start doing commissions!! That mod looks EPIC!

Also you guys are nuts with some of these mods. Keep up awesome work for us to see. I can't do it but it amazes me to see what you guys have done with yours.

Just got my shipping notice from AE, I'll have him on Monday.

Last edited:

Is AlterEgoComics shipping these out already? I forgot I had a second one ordered with them.

i'm not sure if they've shipped any out yet, but I do know that they have been upgrading their site and haven't been sending out emails.

You may want to call them if you've made an account ( I will when i get a chance) b/c I just tried logging in and go this message:

"Attention Customers

We recently updated our login system. If you created an account prior to November 12, 2012 you may need to create a new account. If you have trouble logging-in, please click here to create a new account. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Any Reward Points from our previous system will be added to your new account once it is created"

But I don't want to create a new account before I know that my orders will show up and what not

I got an email from sideshow. They're getting their next shipment. I hope they give me mine. I ordered it late and they said they'll ship it in the order placed but that's not really how it worked in the first batch right?

yeah got five day shipping notice from SS..bet these will start hitting everywhere by end of the month...

Crap... I only ordered a couple months ago, so I'll be a second batch. Sounds like it will only be a couple weeks though.... Maybe.

Im in the same boat but talking to a SSC rep I was assured that mine would ship out from the second wave... We will see if this true though.

Hey guys, will this body work with the DX12 Wayne head?
attachment.php

Im in the same boat but talking to a SSC rep I was assured that mine would ship out from the second wave... We will see if this true though.

If they sent you the email and are going to charge you, wouldn't that confirm you are getting in this batch?

I hope so, I got the email :yess:

If they sent you the email and are going to charge you, wouldn't that confirm you are getting in this batch?

It doesn't say mine will be shipped out specifically just says they are receiving a split shipment for the backorders and I will be charged on the 19th if my backorder is fulfilled people should learn to read a little more carefully. That is why I gave them a call to get a better ideal if I would get one from this wave.

Who knows. My last flex pay comes out on Tuesday unless they get a batch in before then. But even then they said that they didn't expect them until the last week of November.

Back