HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Yeah, hangs much more natural.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Ill be picking this up from BBTS when they get it in. After this and the DX11...Im done with this part of the hobby. :wave

Looks great Maglor! I like how the rayon cape hang. Gonna put velvet cape later tonight to see how it turns out. You just stuff the corner into the suit?

Lforigno rayon cape:

IMG_4170.jpg

IMG_4167.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

DX02 head for shiggles:

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

Looks like a chipmunk...
I like the figure better with the arms up in a fighting stance, when the arms are down the gauntlets look wayyyyyyyy big and out of proportion

It pains me to admit it, but I'm edging into that camp a little...

Mag...I thought you were a big fan of this fig? When Gippetto and I were debating it, you cosigned his praising of the figure...have you changed your mind?

Mag...I thought you were a big fan of this fig? When Gippetto and I were debating it, you cosigned his praising of the figure...have you changed your mind?

What do you want from me?

This figure is much better than the DX02, I still stand by that. When I stand them next to each other the DX02 looks very toyish by comparison.

I often go through phases with figures. Right now I'm being bothered by certain things on the DX12...

How is the glue on the elbows holding up?

Great! The elbow pads aren't going anywhere.

Yes, I'm asking about the Cowl Neck...

And I'm 99% Sure mine came attached in the box... As it's definitely not just "resting in the neck socket"... And Pulling the wrapped plastic off while partially stuck deeply in the body was particularly difficult.

As for the belts, I'll give it a try again later, but I studied them for awhile and saw no way to unhook them... At all.

I have no clue why all this info is not covered in the manual. :(

For the cowl neck, I also had a very difficult time getting the neck out of the socket because of the wrapped plastic. Guess some came loose at some point and others didn't.

For the belts, yes they are very seamless but if you twist the back of the belt around slightly to get a feel of where the snaps are you will see the break. Hope these pictures help. I can't show you the plain belt because one of the snaps is glued shut on mine so im trying to get a new one from sideshow, but the snaps are pretty much in the same spot as the other belt.

Im not sure the manual would be much more help even if they did put a lot more in it. Besides, between youtube videos and this forum you can pretty much get a good idea how everything works :)

What do you want from me?

This figure is much better than the DX02, I still stand by that. When I stand them next to each other the DX02 looks very toyish by comparison.

I often go through phases with figures. Right now I'm being bothered by certain things on the DX12...

Great! The elbow pads aren't going anywhere.

Ok...:lol. I gotcha bro.

Lforigno rayon cape:

IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg
[/CENTER]
Looks great Mags!

sanding off the back of those mouth plates did a a number on making them look better. Even the smirking mouth looks better. Iffy on the necessity of the rayon cape but it does look good

Any pics, JW?

Will take some soon.

You can see what I was going for in these pics. Next, I am gonna try to stretch out the lower opening of the gauntlets so they can cover a portion of the hand, as they appear to in the pics, but I am gonna wait till I buy a 2nd pair.... just in case.:lol

I also want to try and stuff some cotton or something in the elbow area (under the mesh) to fill it out, cause when the elbows are bent, the elbows look to skinny and very noticeable. Hoping for a more natural look.:pray:

Last edited:

I always liked the pics with the rayon cape better.
At this scale, the velvet cape looks like Batman has a carpet on his back :lol

Nice pics Mags. As long as the head is tilted down.
But as soon as you can see those eyes! :(

Cape looks good.

I sense some the reality of the figure seeping into your posts? It is pretty disappointing isn't it?
I mean there are some terrific aspects to it. but....

Last edited:

I'm sure this had been covered in numerous threads so I will apologize in advance but does Hot Toys do replacement parts? I managed to lose the default DX12 face plate. :slap Am I just stuck with eBay as my only option?

Nice pics Mags. As long as the head is tilted down.
But as soon as you can see those eyes! :(

Cape looks good.

I sense some the reality of the figure seeping into your posts? It is pretty disappointing isn't it?
I mean there are some terrific aspects to it. but....

It's not a bad figure per se, and it looks ok on the shelf, BUT...

....given the inaccuracies, the price point, and the history of HT delivering photo-realistic figures which drives collectors to heightened expectations, yes, it's a disappointing final product.

Lovely pics mags. A custom cape is always the way to go.

Back