HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I used to laugh at the guys who I thought didnt have a backbone to tell their girl its none of their business.
My girl used to be okay with it, until recently she started to give me hell and gave me limits on my collection.
My enterbay batman wasnt part of the new inventory so when my EB bats came in, I thought she wasnt coming home early and when I heard her car pulling in the driveway, I was like a chicken without a head running around the house trying to find a hiding place.

Was able to hide it at the nick of time, but when she came in, she kept asking "what are you up to"? And I'm like..."what are you talking about"...:dunno

I didnt die that day...
But I knew then that the days of buying what I feel like getting is long gone. :monkey2

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

My wife loves Batman too. She was way into BTAS before we even dated.

I used to laugh at the guys who I thought didnt have a backbone to tell their girl its none of their business.
My girl used to be okay with it, until recently she started to give me hell and gave me limits on my collection.
My enterbay batman wasnt part of the new inventory so when my EB bats came in, I thought she wasnt coming home early and when I heard her car pulling in the driveway, I was like a chicken without a head running around the house trying to find a hiding place.

Was able to hide it at the nick of time, but when she came in, she kept asking "what are you up to"? And I'm like..."what are you talking about"...:dunno

I didnt die that day...
But I knew then that the days of buying what I feel like getting is long gone. :monkey2

I feel you...just had "the talk" with my wife. Once you're married it's difficult to buy whatever you want unless you have a lot of disposable income or you don't care about marital bliss :lol

Same with mine to. Except she said I had to use my own money for it. :thud: The Joker 2.0 though she said I didn't have to. :yess:

Got my DX12 and am setting it up right now. First impression: The suit is impressive. But the gauntlets are waaaaay too long. The elbow pads extend into the bicep protector.

It's pretty simple. It's called compromising. If that doesn't work get rid of her. I've bought my wife plenty of jewelry over the years. Coach bags, clothes, etc, etc. She respects my interests and I respect hers.

Why sneak around like you're committing a crime? :dunno

Not to be smug or anything but wife actively supports my man related insanity, so far i have managed to get away with a 200 inch projection setup and a 3 screen pc setup (their is no way to make 3 screens sound like a need btw) anyone might think i used all my aces at that point but no i decided to get into hot toys, been a batman fan the tumbler was a must i informed the wife, she purchased a nice table to display it on right in our living room! Maybe the line in the sand is a real life tumbler? If i ever win the lottery i will let you know.

Not to be smug or anything but wife actively supports my man related insanity, so far i have managed to get away with a 200 inch projection setup and a 3 screen pc setup (their is no way to make 3 screens sound like a need btw) anyone might think i used all my aces at that point but no i decided to get into hot toys, been a batman fan the tumbler was a must i informed the wife, she purchased a nice table to display it on right in our living room! Maybe the line in the sand is a real life tumbler? If i ever win the lottery i will let you know.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM9jhGiIAFM[/ame]

for the guys kit bashing a bruce wayne with the DX12 wayne head - do I need to swap the neck plug for a standard one as the one it comes with appears too small to fit on the TT narrow shoulder neck ball joint? thanks.

It's pretty simple. It's called compromising. If that doesn't work get rid of her. I've bought my wife plenty of jewelry over the years. Coach bags, clothes, etc, etc. She respects my interests and I respect hers.

Why sneak around like you're committing a crime? :dunno

It' simple: if finances are an issue, then it's a bigger deal to indulge a hobby.

stock-photo-5240597-excited-nerd-couple-and-lip-kiss.jpg

:monkey3
:1-1:

My wife knew everything about everything I do before we got married, so it's not an issue :dunno I can't imagine having to hide things from her. Seems counterintuitive to the whole idea of marriage.

I finally got my shipping notification and I'll see Bats on Monday :yess: Finally got my Besta mounted and lighting in, so I'm all ready!

It' simple: if finances are an issue, then it's a bigger deal to indulge a hobby.

When then that'd just be irresponsible and selfish. I hope that's not why some freaks here sneak around with their collectibles.

Im single...so I dont have anything to worry about. :yess: :lol

for the guys kit bashing a bruce wayne with the DX12 wayne head - do I need to swap the neck plug for a standard one as the one it comes with appears too small to fit on the TT narrow shoulder neck ball joint? thanks.

To answer your ^^ question, yes you will have to which the plug out for a slightly bigger one. It's a pain in @$$ to change to. I swapped mine but haven't had a chance to put my mash up together.

Back