HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

does anyone know anyone who is selling a robbie the painter dx12 mouth?

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Last few from this set!

Last edited:

:clap Nice compositions Para! :clap

I just don't see all the popularity with this figure. The eyes seem completely off to me still. Hope HT does one more version and nails it.

:clap Nice compositions Para! :clap

Thanks very much! :hi5:

I just don't see all the popularity with this figure. The eyes seem completely off to me still. Hope HT does one more version and nails it.

Love this figure, eyes don't seem off to me at all?

It's spot on Bale for me.

Do you guys think this is the last release of the TDK Batman or is there a possibility for a future release of this suit or the Batman Begins suit by HT in the future?

I think we will get a DX Begins Batman with PERS in the next 2 years (maybe for the 10th Anniversary of the movie).

I'm sure at some point there will be another TDK costume Batman, if not by Hot Toys, by another company. I still haven't had one I have been satisfied with.

The way I see it, as much as some here want the be all, end all, definitive 1/6 representation of their fav character....that will never happen.

Look at your own collection and it's history. Who here owns transformers? He man? Street fighter? Gundam? Macross?

Toy production improves. That's a fact. We can't expect toy companies to produce an item and boom, they close the book on it. We should never expect that. At the same time, we should expect a considerable amount of time to pass before a company revisits a particular toy. And by that, I don't mean 2-3 years. At the very least, a decade. This prevents things from stagnating. It can really show just how far advancements in toy production have come.

At the moment, dx12 is THE best 1/6 scale representation of batman. Why? no other company has made one. if there was competition, then my claim is just hyperbole. I don't mind HT doing a celebratory re-release of it, just to give fans of the character another shot at owning him. However, I WOULD mind if they made dx16 another TDK batman with minor enhancements, as opposed to revisiting him 10 years from now with major enhancements.

Anyone here own masterpiece optimus prime? The first version?

It took years for Takara tomy to revisit him, with enough changes and enhancements to truly separate (or compliment, depending on who you ask) itself from the previous version.

From this point on, THIS is the path I wanna see HT take with characters they've done. Like robocop. Die cast aside, THAT is the purest example of my opinion on revisiting TDK trilogy.

Patience everyone. Toys from This trilogy are far from finished. But I personally hope it won't happen for a good long while. I want the next release to be jam packed with new technology. BB figure with a new type of material for his armor that won't degrade over time? HELL EFFIN YEAH. TDK(R) figure with a new, more natural true type body? HELL EFFIN YEAH.

There's chance we will see another TDKR Batman when HT announced Batman Armory. I hope HT will improve from DX12 not just re-released.

So I have had this figure in it's own case since I got him... I take him out today to move him and within five minutes he tips over and falls on the floor...

This fall of course cases damage to the chest of the figure... right on the freaking emblem:

CAM01073.jpg

Needless to say I'm pretty ticked...

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can repair it or cover it up if possible?

Or does anyone have an extra piece they'd sell?

Any help folks would be great!

M.

Insanely fine (2000+ maybe) wet sandpaper would probably be what I'd try. Or a polishing/buffing compound equally fine. A house-hold alternative is that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, which apart from whatever chemicals it's soaked with, is also a very fine abrasive. You'd have to be careful to sand/polish only the emblem - and if you have any kind of scrap piece of similar plastic or can test in an inconspicuous place first, that would be ideal.

Thanks a lot for the ideas!

I'm going to try the magic eraser first... since I have some lying around here.

Then I'll go from there as to what do next if anything at all.

M.

Basically you're sanding the entire logo so it looks even - and with a fine enough grit you should get that matte look. Don't get too carried away with the Magic eraser, just in case.

And if all else fails, just consider it battle damaged. :wink1:

Basically you're sanding the entire logo so it looks even - and with a fine enough grit you should get that matte look. Don't get too carried away with the Magic eraser, just in case.

Yeah... I didn't see any way of bringing it back to.how it was... so a complete sanding was in the cards.

Just not my day, I then moved Begins Toyfair Batman and he was totally fine since I got him a couple years back... I knew about the broken feet problem and mine didn't have it...

Well, after being on display in one pose since getting him... it broke right off, I didn't apply pressure or anything just move it and that was that... tried to glue it but it's a no go with what I have on hand.

Just not a very good bat day... ugh.

M.

Back