HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I've noticed a lot of people have gone for a custom cape on this figure. Just wondering what's wrong with the stock cape? I haven't received my figure yet, so I haven't seen it, just wondering if I should be ordering a custom cape or not. Is the stock cape that bad?

The custom capes require almost no futzing to get them to look and lay right. The stock capes can take more time to futz.

I for one will never use a stock cape again after getting a custom iforigno cape and putting it on the DX12. It looks amazing.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The custom capes require almost no futzing to get them to look and lay right. The stock capes can take more time to futz.

I for one will never use a stock cape again after getting a custom iforigno cape and putting it on the DX12. It looks amazing.

Thanks man, going to purchase a custom cape :)

Thanks man, going to purchase a custom cape :)

I still think people are selling custom cape for a over price. If anyone has access to a "Joanne" frabric store? Go out and pick your selection. $9-15 a yard. You can make 5-6 cape. They have a lot of selection. Might not be screen accurate but in 1/6 scale? Who wants the actual cape from the movie? I well post up some picture soon on the cape I made. It just basically cutting it out. A walk in the park.

lol, that didn't take a lot of convincing :rotfl

hahaha, nah I searched through the forums and looked at various pics before replying to that post. Stock cape looks really goofy in some pics, material looks too stiff.

I still think people are selling custom cape for a over price. If anyone has access to a "Joanne" frabric store? Go out and pick your selection. $9-15 a yard. You can make 5-6 cape. They have a lot of selection. Might not be screen accurate but in 1/6 scale? Who wants the actual cape from the movie? I well post up some picture soon on the cape I made. It just basically cutting it out. A walk in the park.

You're right, the capes are expensive, but then again, I think anything to do with this hobby is overpriced, including the actual figures themselves. I'm new to this hobby and this is my first real 1/6 figure, so I wasn't sure about doing custom work myself just yet. There seems to be a lot of positive feedback for the custom capes on here so I figured I'd give it a shot. Post up a pic of yours, I'd like to see it :)

Holy ****. BBTS just upped this figure to $289.99

If the site is up to date they are under 90 left. After that I imagine that they will be sold out and lucky to get anymore so they're jacking up the price.

hahaha, nah I searched through the forums and looked at various pics before replying to that post. Stock cape looks really goofy in some pics, material looks too stiff.

i've seen some good pictures of the stock cape well-futzed and i don't customize my figures.

but i got a lance velvet long for the drama of it and it's pretty awesome ~ so much so that i have yet to take the stock cape out of the plastic.

it was well-worth it to me.

: D

I was one of those who was very worried about "googly-eyes". In hand, not so noticeable. A lick of black paint it it's pretty good. :)

Good to hear. I agree based on other members photos that it does look nicer with the painted eyelids. Gives him a more menacing/stealth appearance.... I just have to wait and see how it looks in person and also if I am brave enough to remove the Pers from a $460 head :cuckoo:

You're right, the capes are expensive, but then again, I think anything to do with this hobby is overpriced, including the actual figures themselves. I'm new to this hobby and this is my first real 1/6 figure, so I wasn't sure about doing custom work myself just yet. There seems to be a lot of positive feedback for the custom capes on here so I figured I'd give it a shot. Post up a pic of yours, I'd like to see it :)

I'm right I there with you, it's expensive expect ally HT keep jacking up he pice on there figure. Once I take the picture ill post it up.

Good to hear. I agree based on other members photos that it does look nicer with the painted eyelids. Gives him a more menacing/stealth appearance.... I just have to wait and see how it looks in person and also if I am brave enough to remove the Pers from a $460 head :cuckoo:

If you want bale to come out of that cowl? Painting the eye lid won't do it, it well look better then stock. But sculpting the eyelid well diffently bring bale out of the cowl. It well make the smirk face look like bale. It tidbit the face plate that is off. It's those big eye that is throwing the figure out of proportion. With the eyelid it well make the cowl look bigger. That's my experience. Well update picture soon. My dx12 look 10x Better with the mod.

78bb0806464b4ff906409eb441035087.jpg

I tried to think of the most harmless thing...something that could never, ever possibly destroy us....Mr. Stay Puft! Love it! Zuul too?

Lets see more of the ghostbusters stuff. :D

I tried to think of the most harmless thing...something that could never, ever possibly destroy us....Mr. Stay Puft! Love it! Zuul too?

Lets see more of the ghostbusters stuff. :D

Unfortunately that picture is a couple of months old and all of the GB stuff has now been sold (Mattel had me narked with the crappy way they handled the line, so I sold it all and decided to stick with 1:6 scale instead. Didn't even keep the Neca items)

So, the wait continues. I wasn't in the second batch at OSB :( wai man has heard they are still making these at hot toys :/ whether its true or not remains to be seen! But mine hasn't even left HT's yet! :(

Got Mine from BBTS. Overall, its pretty awesome. Though I can totally see why people are making the mods. The wrist area and the elbow thingy are definitely eyesores. Here are some quik pix of mine:

DSC01306_zpsd2c6276e.jpg

DSC01309_zpsaba954e1.jpg

Got Mine from BBTS. Overall, its pretty awesome. Though I can totally see why people are making the mods. The wrist area and the elbow thingy are definitely eyesores. Here are some quik pix of mine:

DSC01306_zpsd2c6276e.jpg

DSC01309_zpsaba954e1.jpg

Those are some nice picture of the figure stock with Robbie face plate. But trust me the eyelid mod well make him look more like bale. But it jut on people perefence. I mean if it look nice to you? That's all it matter.

Agreed. Got my fabric at Joanne and had a good friend cut it for me.

IMG_1317.JPG

IMG_1348.JPG

IMG_1334.JPG

Back