HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Good luck widdening the neck, it's a two piece solid plastic neck and not a neck cover.
I will buy another neck and try different mods. Will probably re-sculpt it with epoxy putty and paint it black again.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Well today was a good day..

Got DX Batman, DX luke and hawkeye (my wallet filed for a restraining order under allegations of abuse) Batman is absolutely incredible, so glad I got this, funny thing though, I was going through the weapons tray popping things out, For some reason I couldnt get the front 'handle' part of the sticky gun out... Then I look underneath the tray and there is a Second one magnetically attached underneath, lol

I smiled of course cause it was a nice little bonus (though its utterly useless) I figured ill use it in an armory if i ever get around to doing one haha

That's pretty funny. :lol

Got mine today but didn't even have time to crack it open and dig in! :gah:

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. Too busy getting lost in the custom section. Aside from the likeness complaints and inaccuracies like the symbol, what's the general consensus? Is this all and all a cut above the DX02? Are there any QC issues that are becoming a pattern?

Yes. Yes it is.

Borrowed this picture from a few pages back. Here is a quick mod in Photoshop that I will do when I get this figure. I will shorten and widen the neck. Neck cover too tight does not look right to me. Risen the lower eyelids just a little makes a huge difference for sure. Shame on you Hot Toys for not getting this figure right on the 3rd attempt :mad:
batmanmod.jpg

Do you own this figure? The picture on the left is not at all what it looks like in person. Lens distortion is making the neck look skinnier than it really is. To use that picture to photoshop is kind of a fail IMO.

The neck width is fine.

IMG_4411a.jpg

FYI, the above pic is with the neck stock. I undid the shortening mod. I prefer it this length. ^^^ With a custom cape in place up over the shoulders the neck looks perfect.

Shelf Presence

IMG_4427.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

I shaved down the backs of the faceplates - It helps a little. Still only look good from certain angles. I don't think the problem will be solved by just sorting those out though; the whole shape of the cowl is just way off. And it's far too small.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Medi

Shelf Presence

IMG_4427.jpg

That's how I have mine posed! :panic: except it's the mirrored version.

PS: almost have the Medi mouth piece done. Just filling in some gaps that from where I cut too a little too much. A bit timid to do the eyelid mod. Will test it out with some clay before I go with epoxy.

I have to say though, the Medi mouth in this cowl looks pretty awesome IMO

Someone needs to shrink the EB plates down, and make them fit the DX12. :lecture

Badass Any mods done to it ?

Thank you.

Yes, several mods. I plan to do a video next week covering all the mods I know about, including the ones I've done.

^^^^Cape looks really good Mags....is that the rayon short?

Yep.

I've finally gotten to the "can't stop staring at it" phase of owning this figure. The short rayon cape is a big part of the reason why.

Looking stunning Mags - gonna have to copy all your mods once I get mine...

Can you believe I don't have mine yet :lol

Can we see a front view of the medi with the dx12

That's pretty funny. :lol

Yes. Yes it is.

Do you own this figure? The picture on the left is not at all what it looks like in person. Lens distortion is making the neck look skinnier than it really is. To use that picture to photoshop is kind of a fail IMO.

The neck width is fine.

IMG_4411a.jpg

FYI, the above pic is with the neck stock. I undid the shortening mod. I prefer it this length. ^^^ With a custom cape in place up over the shoulders the neck looks perfect.

Definitely Lens distortion Mag. That is my photo and my DX12I love my figure and photos just don't do it justice. Waiting for your video, want to see all the mods you applyed to your DX12.

You got me wanting to buy a short custom Rayon cape after seeing all your other photos.

Shelf Presence

IMG_4427.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

Hey Mags. How did u close gap between the chest plate and the abs?? I tried to push it down, but I don't want to use too much force. Mine is still spread apart.:gah:

Push the abs up.

Thanks for the info Brooklyn & Mag. :duff

Still haven't had a frigin' minute to pop this open yet. Finally getting a chance to go dig in now :yess:

So it sounds like custom face plates are a big part of what this guy needs to live up to the expectations. Who's doing a small run??......Seb :monkey3

Looking stunning Mags - gonna have to copy all your mods once I get mine...

Can you believe I don't have mine yet :lol

Well there it is. The other main connoisseur is sharing his thoughts but I was wondering why you haven’t chimed in yet. I'm waiting for your stamp of approval also :lol

Grew a pair and sculpted the eyelid squint on my DX12. Gotta say that ppl were right, looks better. Just waiting for the epoxy to dry, then sanding then paint. Also finished modding the Medi mouth piece. Both look pretty good IMO, so hopefully you guys think so too :lol

Shelf Presence

IMG_4427.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

Hawt!

Dammit, i need to get an effin camera...and display case.

I'm loving the fact that you're also keeping the dx02 faceplate on. It's such a shame that the stock mouth couldn't have come out better. Frustrating as that mouth had potential.

Back