HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The eyes look fantastic Maglor ! Great job! Wish I had the courage to do that to one of my DX12's

???

I've moded no eyes. It's all Rorywan. :exactly:

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I don't know...

Batman.png

Rory, do you have an opinion about the X02 neutral face? I'm inclined to take a little more off the top and bottom, but mostly the bottom/chin.

I don't think he moved the eye plate...

And you are correct, I didn't move the eye plate at all.

I think that looks very close Mags, maybe a tiny bit long still under the nose, but it looks very good. I always try and imagine his face without the mask on as a guide? I wouldn't do an awful lot more to it to be honest. When you squint your eyes and look at it, it feels right, even though the top is a tad long. But it will never be 100% (infact none of the faceplates are, ever!).
:clap

Decided to mod my second head. Interestly the bottom parts came out a lot easier, maybe it's because I understood the mechanism this time, but the face itself seemed almost molded into the cowl, touch and go for a minute.

EDIT: Just for Maglor.
Bottom eyelids (but keeping the HT sculpt in corners) not painted or sanded yet.
Personally I prefer Version I, this feels more like the stock DX12 to me.. I managed to sculpt tiny lines on the eyelids which makes it work ok,
just needs a clean up. So whilst this is probably more accurate, I think the other looks cooler. I may scrap this one.
Next would be a complete squint..?

ScreenShot2012-11-13at122024.png
1-78.jpg

:panic::thud:I go to bed and wake up to a masterpiece lol I thought your other attempt was an improvement but this one is perfect. Dude if you start to do these on commission I'm in! That looks fantastic!

ugghh i cancelled with them and went with sideshow for the rewards and i thought id get it sooner

I did the same thing :( now I'm kicking myself. Oh well I suppose. I guess you can never tell when it comes to these things unless you go with SSC from the beginning. I still have my Batpod on preorder with them so hopefully I hear something soon on that.

:panic::thud:I go to bed and wake up to a masterpiece lol I thought your other attempt was an improvement but this one is perfect. Dude if you start to do these on commission I'm in! That looks fantastic!

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Shipping confirmation from BBTS came through this AM!!!! :yess: Might have this as soon as Friday! But probably Monday :impatient:

Shipping confirmation from BBTS came through this AM!!!! :yess: Might have this as soon as Friday! But probably Monday :impatient:

sigh.... like a fool I canceled and went with SSC in the hopes to get it sooner. Now SSC says the end of the month. Live and learn. Congrats on that man! I still have the Batpod ordered with them so hopefully they get that in soon.

How early could you have PO'd? I ordered as soon as it went up on BBTS and I didn't get a notification. :dunno

Maybe they got a small shipment.

I check my TDK DX12 and he have cross eyes!!! :(
What I can do??? :(

My BBTS order came in yesterday. Still waffling on this guy because of the cartoony eyes. If only HT had the sense to do what Rorywan did with the eyes. . .

Rory your second mod did it for me, it looks perfect!

Lemme know if you start taking commissions lol.

paid for mine fully yesterday, OSB said it should arrive and be shipped out in 2 weeks :) just went for Lforigno's rayon cape as well, got the velvet but i'm gonna wire that one up for the batpod.

I did as well...not sure what's going on...but I got lucky it seems because I'm guessing I had to be towards the front of all of the PO's

How early could you have PO'd? I ordered as soon as it went up on BBTS and I didn't get a notification. :dunno

Maybe they got a small shipment.

Very good job Rorywan...nice work. Looks much better.

Back