HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

tumblr_mbalwubnzi1rpkxiu.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbeR6uYxU50

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Hearing grown men whine about the minor imperfections on their man-dolls will never get old :lol

Expensive man-dolls. :lecture

My biggest gripe about it is that overall, it looks like a toy/figure (due mostly to that cowl head).

We're so used to these being so photo realistic and fooling everyone into thinking it's the real thing that it's a bit of a let down really. There have been a lot of fantastic pics, from OMG to Agen, but the problems still stand out.

Now make no mistake, I'm looking forward to getting mine and it IS an improvement from everything that came before but, eh, it's a meh release. When you consider the fact that this is their 3rd attempt at this version of Batman as well as their 7th attempt at a Bale Batman and their 8th attempt in Batman in general, it's not very impressive. The gauntlet elbows are noticeable, the head is misshapen, the PERS is still ugly, the face plates look like the worst face plates yet.

I can see it being different for someone new to the game who are just getting into the hobby, but for a lot of us, we've been in this thing for a while now. We've seen what the hobby has evolved into. You can't really blame others for having higher standards when we've seen the progression since 2008. No figure is perfect but there doesn't seem to be any wow factor other than, "oh they improved the body with a new technique and it's more poseable".

:exactly::goodpost:

Eh, it looks just as "realistic" as any other figure with the Wayne head.

The body is downright impressive. No other figure has detail as good as this.... they're pretty tame in comparison.

Originally Posted by DiFabio
My biggest gripe about it is that overall, it looks like a toy/figure (due mostly to that cowl head).

So you should be happy that they do exactly what they say on the tin...

Hot Toys collectible Action Figure, or a toy/figure. :rotfl

I just had to say it !!

:lol

Why not buddy? Must be the head alone surely? The body is fantastic. Get a medi head on there!

Well the head is not great but I still think the overall physique is off.

Just not what I expected TBH.

Every figure's physique is off.

I don't think people realize how off EVERY SINGLE FIGURE is... they're just extremely nitpicky about this one because we've seen it a million times now.

Well the head is not great but I still think the overall physique is off.

Just not what I expected TBH.

What do you think about the Luke headsculpt?

I think it looks great, prob the BD slightly better but both look solid.

For me I can't see any likeness in the Luke heads but the overall awesomeness of the figure means it's a purchase. You can tell who it's supposed to be of course though. And it's Luke!

Every figure's physique is off.

I don't think people realize how off EVERY SINGLE FIGURE is... they're just extremely nitpicky about this one because we've seen it a million times now.

You are right most figs physiques are off however the fact this one enters more scrutiny is not because we've seen it a million times.

It is more to do with the medix showing how good it could look and HT still making it too bulky. This coupled with the fact this suit was used to make him more streamlined and agile makes it harder to swallow.

For me I can't see any likeness in the Luke heads but the overall awesomeness of the figure means it's a purchase. You can tell who it's supposed to be of course though. And it's Luke!

Yeh seems to have divided many, like the acceptance of this cowled sculpt.

Same here. Still buying it despite the headsculpts, though I do see some likeness in them. Don't think it's great, just acceptable.

I think it looks great, prob the BD slightly better but both look solid.

tumblr_mbwi9yCMyW1rig6gno1_500.gif

jokin with ya :wink1:

You are right most figs physiques are off however the fact this one enters more scrutiny is not because we've seen it a million times.

It is more to do with the medix showing how good it could look and HT still making it too bulky. This coupled with the fact this suit was used to make him more streamlined and agile makes it harder to swallow.

I don't see how Medicom's is better. The upper portion looks much bulkier on medi, and overall shape is a lot less accurate. The abs and chest are extremely off.

This suit is very slim... I'm not sure where the "bulk" is coming from when it has the slimmest chest/upper portion of them all.

I don't see how Medicom's is better. The upper portion looks much bulkier on medi, and overall shape is a lot less accurate. The abs and chest are extremely off.

Medix, is what he is talking about, i.e. a combination of DX02 torso, medi arms, legs and head.

Back