HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Nose still shrunken :lecture

comp1cd.jpg

You have issues.

Please stop.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I've been charged, for whatever that's worth.

Mine will be shipped this week. :yess:

Still waiting for my card to get charged. :impatient: I don't post very often but I though I'd chime in. :wave I can't wait for this figure to come in. I just ordered a Cape from Lance as well! :yess:

just in case you guys are wondering, the last picture uses a custom mouth piece. the mouth is from casting the christian bale sculpt.
I like that mouth sculpt alot more than the smirking mouth.
150165_10152194330910226_521078939_n.jpg

10569_10152194330990226_1771592364_n.jpg

Ill give you...
04C2D423-406D-469B-83FA-651F48A1BABA-3561-0000039DAF72CA28.jpg

For that mouth piece.

No but really, that piece is dope. Great work and please let us know you decide to sell any?

Still waiting for my card to get charged. :impatient: I don't post very often but I though I'd chime in. :wave I can't wait for this figure to come in. I just ordered a Cape from Lance as well! :yess:

These capes on the BST boards?

Nose still shrunken :lecture

comp1cd.jpg

Three things:

1. Now, line up the eyes in these pictures and it will disprove your own point that the eye placement changed.

2. Look at the nostrils. Why are the nostrils of the production piece showing slightly more black (appearing bigger?)...simple, it is because the camera angle is very slightly lower than the camera angle in the proto pic.

3. For such a stickler for details, your lines are not precise enough. They are too thick, and you appear to be purposely lining them off of very slightly different areas of the images and claiming they are lined up.

You claim the red lines show where the sculpts don't match and your yellow lines show where they are correctly matched?

Your yellow chin line is slightly ON the chin of the proto, but slightly UNDER the chin of the production piece.

Your yellow ear line is slightly ON the ear of the proto, but slightly ABOVE the ear of the production piece.

Your yellow hairline at his slight widow's peak has the same problem, but this may be due more to paint application differences.

Three things:

1. Now, line up the eyes in these pictures and it will disprove your own point that the eye placement changed.

2. Look at the nostrils. Why are the nostrils of the production piece showing slightly more black (appearing bigger?)...simple, it is because the camera angle is very slightly lower than the camera angle in the proto pic.

3. For such a stickler for details, your lines are not precise enough. They are too thick, and you appear to be purposely lining them off of very slightly different areas of the images and claiming they are lined up.

You claim the red lines show where the sculpts don't match and your yellow lines show where they are correctly matched?

Your yellow chin line is slightly ON the chin of the proto, but slightly UNDER the chin of the production piece.

Your yellow ear line is slightly ON the ear of the proto, but slightly ABOVE the ear of the production piece.

Your yellow hairline at his slight widow's peak has the same problem, but this may be due more to paint application differences.

:exactly:

Not too mention that the faces seem to have different widths. This is clearly a lens distortion issue. Unless both photos were taken at the exact same distance with the exact same lens focal distance there's no way of doing this kind of comparison.

The following picture is of the same girl taken with two very different lens set ups...

clip_image0036.jpg

Her facial shape look the same to you?! The wide angle appears to give a sensation of a longer nose.

Take the lines out of the equation and just compare the noses - I think I see why he thinks the nose is different, just looks a little shorter/fatter

Could be a lense thing ultimately I agree, but there is an apparent discrepancy in all the pics as regards to the nose

Back