HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Sell the mms version and get this one.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

This is far superior to the MMS version

You could probably sell that foras much as it will cost to get this

I see what your saying void. Thanks for pointing that out. Lucky enough though, that doesn't really bother me.
However what really bugs me is the fact, like in the photo you just posted, and in some other photo's I've seen, the damn suit looks more grey than black:gah:
Just like in some photo's of the DX02 the suit looked a little navy.
Now I know that it only happens in certain light, but still, it drives me cuckoo. Batman's suit is BLACK.:lecture

It's just the light reflecting on the suit. Look at the real suit when a flash is used:

878a0c07332ef8c0e8bacf9065281e87.jpg

I noticed this, too. QS 001 has the same concern. I think the line on each of the kevlar plates on the lower pecs is the problem. If HT could make a quick fix on this, that would be great.
Yeah it seems off quite a bit and not just a tad :gah: Lets hope it's only the first batch :monkey2 which would include myself :slap

Last edited:

Anyone have that link to those DKR costumes on display? (in HK I believe)

Well it's a distraction for me. Every picture I've seen, the red lines are prominent. I have the DX02 and it does not have this problem.

You're talking about close-ups. I'm telling you, in-hand it's a non issue.

Keaton has the red veins, and all it does is add realism.

IMG_3893.jpg

Also I'm going to paint the lining in the space between the cowl and the eyes. Not the eyes themselves. I don't think this is any radical modding in the least

Well that doesn't make any sense at all. :confused:

I thought you didn't like the red veins in the eyes. How is painting anything other than the eyes themselves gonna change that?

Epic.

Here's a quick photoshop I put together.

96B42472-D5F4-49CA-BC48-F29C3A880E67-3818-0000030C21F74244.jpg

Still great pictures though OMG.

:lol :yess:

This looks like crap. You must not know anything about 1/6th scale figures. New to the hobby?

OK then don't buy it...it is so simple!:lecture For me is an awesome figure and i am not new hobby...:wink1:

Just ignore him mate, too many people on here think it's acceptable to talk to people like **** just because their opinions differ, I'd like to see them be so brave face to face.

Exactly. Flosi seems like he's overcompensating for something.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

_proxy

My favourite pic, looks absilutely brilliant here, the cowl, mouth, everything.

69057_10151068215722344_2138248906_n.jpg

Agreed.

Can someone explain to me what's wrong with the cowl? Some have actually said that it's too round??? People go out of their way to mod existing cowls to be this round. :dunno

Right now, my only complaint is the neck being a bit too long (which I was really hoping wouldn't be an issue) and the PERS looking a little cross-eyed.

I think once in hand, people will be praising the hell out of this.

Minus the usual suspects of course.

:monkey3

Yep.

Well I already love the body/suit, I've said that a million times. My problem is with the head, PERS and faces. If the cowl head is actually great in person I'm not going to deny it? I welcome it.

I actually don't believe you.

You have been very vocal about disliking things (everything Batman related since TDK) from the very early stages - teasers of Bane, previews of TDKR, etc. It seems to me that you become so openly committed to hating something from the get-go that you can't let anything change your mind. At least not publicly.

I and others have said that you will cave and get Bane, but it doesn't seem you will. And if you ever do, none of us will no about it. Same goes for this figure. Although you're getting it, I don't imagine you changing your tune if it turns out you like it.

The whole thing is very confusing to me, because you have gone out of your way to defend the DX02 (and everything pre-TDKR). When myself and others were vocal about the neck being too long and skinny you say 'I don't see it', and criticized those who moded their figures. Now when we have a figure that is vastly better you talk like its crap.

I'm not trying to be an ass hole here, it just seems like you've genuinely changed. :(

picture.php
picture.php
picked up mines tonite, hope pic helps with decision making for those on the fence, sorry about poor quality of pics :D my camera sucks big time,

Looks cross-eyed, but the cowl looks awesome to me.

Neck length looks good here too for some reason. Wonder if some don't have it pressed in all the way...

@Maglor.

The only negative thing I've ever said about this figure since the beginning of the revealed specs/pics are the eyes and faceplates, that's it. Other people are doing the same thing, so why go after me?

I'm not even alone there so I dunno. It's been that way for months, the issues still stand. I'm still getting this figure and the Batpod. I love this suit and the newly developed plates on a fabric suited body. The gauntlets look fantastic, I love the belts. Positive, positive, positive.

Bane? Yeah, he sucks. The character and the figure (IMO if I have to say that). I'll never visit that thread again and I don't think too many others care enough either. It's a lost cause.

As for the DX 02. I've always agreed that the necks could have been better. I thought they were pencil necked myself. HOWEVER, I said I'd never resort to customizing and that it wasn't that bad on the regular head. I was consistent about that. I thought the Sonar head was far worse. I don't remember ever criticizing people who did the mod. Maybe just you because you pointed it out so often, so frequently, but this was years ago. It's been dropped I thought, just like any feud I've had with you.

TDKR? I was just as excited as anyone and was filled with hype. The end result didn't do it for me in July, I don't really like it. Oh well.

That's that. Nothing changed. I'm getting this figure, it looks great (other than my issues with the cowl head) and is an improvement to what came before. I'm getting the Batpod, I'm getting the Joker. I love Batman Begins and TDK. Not sure what the deal is.

If the head is better in person, I'll be happier and admit that my perception was wrong this week. I did the same thing with the Gordon when I saw it in hand. I said it was odd looking and looked Asian. Saw it in persona and was wrong. Big whoop.

Last edited:

Yeah, the belts look great, just like the real thing. It's a nice shiny gold. I like that yellow foam or tape that's around the inside of the belt.

They are quite similar to the EB 1/4 scale belts, that ring of fabric/foam keeps the pieces together if its the same as EB's, it looks to be.

I don't think my EB belt has any foam in it...

Here are some ebay shots that show the constructions of the suit and boots if anyone was curious.

IMG_1114-horz.jpg

Suit is so awesome. They definitely fixed the space where the abs and ribs meet - perfect distance from each other now. That was one of my biggest issues with the proto, and they fixed it. :)

I see more resemblance to Bale in these Ebay pics for some reason.

DSC_0574_9549ccc.jpg

It's because that picture has no lens distortion. Bad pic, but the proportions are accurate to what it will look like in-hand.

Ridiculous errors like this are what piss me off

HT-Errors-2.png

The wing scallops don't line-up with the line, and don't even lineup with THEMSELVES symmetrically on the HT one!

It wouldn't bug me so much if the HT was at least symmetrical

As it is, yeah it pisses me off :lol

Don't care that it's a tiny bit different than the real thing (like not even a little), but now that you've pointed out the asymmetry... :sick

@Maglor.

The only negative thing I've ever said about this figure since the beginning of the revealed specs/pics are the eyes and faceplates, that's it. Other people are doing the same thing, so why go after me?

I'm not even alone there so I dunno. It's been that way for months, the issues still stand. I'm still getting this figure and the Batpod. I love this suit and the newly developed plates of a fabric suited body. The gauntlets look fantastic, I love the belts. Positive, positive, positive.

Bane? Yeah, he sucks. The character and the figure (IMO if I have to say that). I'll never visit that thread again and I don't think too many others care enough either. It's a lost cause.

As for the DX 02. I've always agreed that the necks could have been better. I thought they were pencil necked myself. HOWEVER, I said I'd never resort to customizing and that it wasn't that bad on the regular head. I was consistent about that. I thought the Sonar head was far worse. I don't remember ever criticizing people who did the mod. Maybe just you because you pointed it out so often, so frequently, but this was years ago.

TDKR? I was just as excited as anyone and was filled with hype. The end result didn't do it for me in July, I don't really like it.

That's that. Nothing changed. I'm getting this figure, it looks great (other than my issues with the cowl head) and is an improvement to what came before. I'm getting the Batpod, I'm getting the Joker. I love Batman Begins and TDK. Not sure what the deal is.

Maybe it's my imagination, but I just get a different vibe.

As far as 'why you' - I don't read every post, but I do read all of yours. ;)

Ridiculous errors like this are what piss me off

HT-Errors-2.png

The wing scallops don't line-up with the line, and don't even lineup with THEMSELVES symmetrically on the HT one!

What's funny is the previous versions were closer.

Now I can agree with you about the faceplates and cowl headsculpt being really off, or the cape being crap.

That though? I dunno know man. How did you even notice that? :lol We agreed about the bat symbol's head being too large and squashed (which they've fixed, it's great now), but that? That placement is off by like millimeters. It's minutea. It really pisses you off?

Sure it's not a big deal compared to the other issues, but you'd think they'd be able to get a detail that simple correct. :lol

Same with the collar sculpt. Got it right in the previous versions, seemed to get lazy this time.

If the head is better in person, I'll be happier and admit that my perception was wrong this week. I did the same thing with the Gordon when I saw it in hand. I said it was odd looking and looked Asian. Saw it in persona and was wrong. Big whoop.

Cool. Didn't see that. Kinda gave up on that thread 'cos I didn't order the figure.

Maybe this is just about me trying to comprehend why you don't like TDKR. The only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that you dissed Bane and the story line before it was in theaters and don't want to contradict yourself after you actually saw it.

I liked it so much that it actually makes me sad to see you (such a big Batman fan) not be able to enjoy it the way I do. I can't help it.

Yeah, i'm keeping this one, will look great with the pod.

So will CW i'm certain, but not getting her.

Yeah, i'm keeping this one, will look great with the pod.

So will CW i'm certain, but not getting her.

Because of the 'Batman only' thing?

Sure it's not a big deal compared to the other issues, but you'd think they'd be able to get a detail that simple correct. :lol

It makes me wonder if one person sculpts the armor of the suit without spotters or reference keepers.

I wonder if they even have a department that checks every little detail, big and small, before the production/mass productions stages. It could be that one person focuses on the body armor and that they just missed that detail? Maybe it was right and something happened when it was assembled? That panel does look like it's a separate piece from the overall breast plate. I don't know.

Didn't even spot it until Void pointed it out. It's sure as hell evident now. :lol

I'm just glad they fixed the bat symbol. I'd rather have a slightly off symbol/chest plate positioning then a large, squished bat head.

Back