HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

This thread moves faster than a fat lady's bead of sweat traveling to her butt crack.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I think it looks great as well...but then again, I'm happy with my HT Indy too...I guess I'm easier to please then most people on here. I've been collecting 1/6 figures for 10 years now, and I can't believe how good the headsculpts have gotten. Some people will never be satisfied and always have something they feel they have to nitpick about...it somehow makes them feel good...On the flipside, HT does better on some sculpts and not as good on others. That's a fact. Should we give HT feedback when their efforts are not up to par? Certainly. Just as with any business that charges for a service or product, the consumer has a right to hold that business accountable for the quality of goods/services they produce. (Steps down from the soapbox)

:goodpost::exactly:

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

What happened to the eyes looking like this?????

Figure would have been perfect if they had left them as they were here. *sighs*

Rapid fanboys complained and got them chaged, thank them :slap

_____

yes the BW sculpt doesn't look as good as the proto BUT it's still the best BW sculpt made, does that count for nothing

I think the extreme close ups of the face are when the figure doesn't look it's best, but I think the other pictures where it's not right up in his grill the likeness looks very good and I think it will look great on people's shelves, including my own. Can't wait for this figure.

Macro shots can also bring out overdetail IMO.

PERS can really muck up a sculpt, and unless this bathead is in extreme sideways or downward glances, I think it looks really good. Certainly a step up from the DX02 IMO. Who knows, maybe the cowl can be squished a bit so it's not so wide.
I agree on both counts. And frankly, I think HT has sometimes had too much detail on sculpts in the past, which affected likeness and genuine realism, because faces don't actually have the level of texture that some of the HT sculpts have. It did seem to distinguish them from other companies though, and in general, I do see softness as a step backward and probably a cost savings move.

But definitely the PERS screws things up. I think this Batman looks no worse than any other TDK Batman HT has produced based on taking in the multiple pics now available (DX-02 also has issues with PERS lining up, etc.). I really don't care for it, at all, even though I think some figures work despite it (like Sparrow, Lee, and Nicholson).

140 more pages of whining and complaining to go..then we settle into the next one to b*&^%$ about....DX Joker 2.0

DX12resized.jpg

http___makeagifcom_media_10-05-2012_sSRWxk_zps9fac2e32.gif

Last edited:

:lol open mouth w/ teeth looks like an alien's mouth.

147xoxjnfiej.jpg

Seems like those who just keep makin fun of the figs are just justifying and convincing themselves y they aren't ordering him. Or maybe their wallet can't really afford it. Regardless one or two posts I can see put hundreds saying the same thing. Figure is 1/6 not 1/1. We aren't going to see these flaws this bad in hand. No one cares whose not getting it lol!

Seems like those who just keep makin fun of the figs are just justifying and convincing themselves y they aren't ordering him. Or maybe their wallet can't really afford it. Regardless one or two posts I can see put hundreds saying the same thing. Figure is 1/6 not 1/1. We aren't going to see these flaws this bad in hand. No one cares whose not getting it lol!

Ordered, paid for, arriving next week. And I think it's stupid looking.

:dunno

:dunno You only need one. The others sit in the box for most people anyway.

:rolleyes2

I'd rather have a nice 'neutral' face. Not some strange, "smiling" face that was never in the movie.

Ordered, paid for, arriving next week. And I think it's stupid looking.

:dunno

I guess you'll be able to tell us if it's as bad as you expect it to be. Perhaps you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Lol then I guess u can complain. Waste 25 bucks and cancel or sell it lol.

Back