HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I'd recommend it. If you're main collection is going to consist of his vehicles, he'll certainly be a nice companion piece.

Yeah, I am into his vehicles big time but never got myself a Batman figure before. Was thinking of the HT 1/4 but that is almost the price of a Tumbler, I rather have a 3rd Tumbler. I hope this DX12 do not have leaky issues tho.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I don't think it will. I think that the mesh undersuit has solved that issue, at least I hope so.

What's the purpose of buying a figure multiple times? Can I have some of your money?

Believe it or not I'm very short on money myself :lol but I have been saving up for a while now so I can get away with this.

I never bought the same figure multiple times but in this case I need one for normal posing and the second one for either a HK scene, a Vault (if I ever get one) or a vehicle (already PO the pod and might get the Bat if they release it).

plus second figure will provide spare parts and I can use it if anything happens with the first one.

Leaky issues?

Leaky issues?

DX02 had a problem with its abs, they were leaking oil. I think that problem was only with the first batch (never had one myself but this was the biggest issue with it). This one shouldn't have that issue thought since its a fabric suit

After seeing years of low quality Hasbro stuff on the shelves, this looks fantastic to me. Everyone has different views. :dunno

As primarily a Transformers collector I can agree with this 1000%. The stuff they are putting out now pushed me to Hot Toys, and honestly, I couldn't be happier with the switch

Had some free time so decided to put DX12 and QS001 together for comparison (body wise).

Made the images black and white so the tone of the pictures doesn't distract/persuade the view (for me it does, I don't like the bluish tone of QS001 photos) + made them the same size so the scale doesn't affect opinion either.

DX12 on the left and QS001 on the right:

f37f50d1.jpg

Please excuse the 'photoshopping skills', I'm abroad using an iPad :lol

Thanks for the comparison. They really look same except more fine detail of armor with 1/4. I guess if you want the sonar version the 1/4 would be good choice and if you want to display with vehicle then 1/6 would be better.

Had some free time so decided to put DX12 and QS001 together for comparison (body wise).

Made the images black and white so the tone of the pictures doesn't distract/persuade the view (for me it does, I don't like the bluish tone of QS001 photos) + made them the same size so the scale doesn't affect opinion either.

f37f50d1.jpg

Really liking the dx 12 over the 1/4 .

After seeing years of low quality Hasbro stuff on the shelves, this looks fantastic to me. Everyone has different views. :dunno

Yeah, but I've seen Hot Toys do a lot better. You should compare Hot Toys work to Hot Toys work, not to Hasbro work. After all, you're paying Hot Toys prices, here.

Really?

I'm not one of those types to jump on the "let's nitpick and complain about likeness issues" bandwagon, but I thought that comparison kind of showed how far off the mark they were.

f37f50d1.jpg

Nice work

Things I like on the 1/4:
- Better torso and chest proportions
- Accurate armour above the chest
- Accurate chest batsymbol head
- Boots don't look like they're 2 pieces?
- Spacing on the torso armour

Things I like on the 1/6
- Bat chest symbol wings and the lines underneath lineup much more accurately

Things I hate on both:
- The cowl
- The likeness on the faces
- Shoulder pads

Cool, thanks for making that. I see that the spacing between the abs and the chest is much better on the 1/4, but I like how the shoulder pads sit on the 1/6. The face plate looks a little less like a smirk on the 1/6, but not by much.

I'm not really getting how people can complain about this, seriously! To me this is one of the best HT pieces I have ever seen and the Bale sculpt is out of this world!

Cool, thanks for making that. I see that the spacing between the abs and the chest is much better on the 1/4, but I like how the shoulder pads sit on the 1/6. The face plate looks a little less like a smirk on the 1/6, but not by much.

The chest armor moves with the upper torso, so the spacing is dependent on how good/bad the posing is

529622_10150915280037344_18734927_n.jpg

The chest armor moves with the upper torso, so the spacing is dependent on how good/bad the posing is

That's true but its neutral position is wrong. It's much better on the 1/4.

To get it to look right on the 1/6 you have to pose the upper torso leaning forward, you shouldn't have to do that.

I'm not really getting how people can complain about this, seriously! To me this is one of the best HT pieces I have ever seen and the Bale sculpt is out of this world!

welcome to the internet lol

The thing that we are complaining about is the discrepancies in accuracy that should not be there considering this is the 3rd TDK/TDKR suit made by Hot Toys.

It obvious that the Cowl is off completely, to aggressive in the brow area.

But I do agree the Bale sculpt is really well done.

Bale sculpt made me PO this on day 1 :yess:

Imma actually display him with the Bale sculpt, holding the cowl (face backwards)
until the Bat pod arrives

f37f50d1.jpg

I atleast see Bale in the DX12. The 1/4 could be some random guy in the suit, it doesnt resemble him at all imo. Also the Bale head on the 1/4 isnt nearly as good as the 1/6.

Back