HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Yep need to get some purple and green wrapping paper and wrap up for christmas in joker style if i can wait til christmas to open them...might qc check them 1st then wrap em up wrap em up ...ha ha...

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I've asked this before, and I know it's all speculative at this point, but how much more mobility do people think the cloth/fiber suit will add over the all rubber? I have the DX02, great-looking piece, the only downer is that from the waist down, the mobility is EXTREMELY limited.
I PO'd this guy, mainly because I'd love to truly be able to pose him in "action" poses. What do y'all think???

I've asked this before, and I know it's all speculative at this point, but how much more mobility do people think the cloth/fiber suit will add over the all rubber? I have the DX02, great-looking piece, the only downer is that from the waist down, the mobility is EXTREMELY limited.
I PO'd this guy, mainly because I'd love to truly be able to pose him in "action" poses. What do y'all think???

I think he will be much more posseable but not many will try and do anything extreme. The fabric is tearable and the rubber bits on it bend during poses which could lead to them peeling off. So although the ability to pose will be there I doubt many will push it to its limits.

Yeah, my concern is that even if you can pose it, depending on how they attach the rubber armor pieces to the fiber suit, they could start to tear. I personally wouldn't push it too much, and definitely wouldn't leave it in an extreme pose, but it would be cool just to know it's possible, otherwise I might as well just stick with the DX02

Yeah, my concern is that even if you can pose it, depending on how they attach the rubber armor pieces to the fiber suit, they could start to tear. I personally wouldn't push it too much, and definitely wouldn't leave it in an extreme pose, but it would be cool just to know it's possible, otherwise I might as well just stick with the DX02

I know what you mean. Some people on YouTube when reviewing their hot toys figures don't mind testing the possibility limits which I reckon is very helpful for the rest of us.

I doubt the legs will be very bendable due to the rubber parts at the front top of the thighs, they got bent even in the real movie whenever batman was walking.

I actually noticed that in TDKR I didn't see the Batman costume as a light titanium bla bla (whatever material it's meant to be) suit, but as a rubber/plastic costume. The plates on his legs and chest are not meant to be flexible, the gaps between them is meant to give the flexibility. So when they started showing the plates on legs bend during walking it completely destroyed the illusion of a strong-material suit. The same was happening with the neck :gah:

DX02 sold
DX12 ordered

Here's my "Batman Only" master plan

I only want to own 9 total pieces

1/4 HT TDK
1/4 EB TDK OC
1/4 HT 89 Batman (or Returns)

1/6 DX12
1/6 BB (already own)
1/6 89 Batman (already own)

1/6 Tumbler for 1/6 BB to stand next to
1/6 Batpod for DX12 to stand next to
1/6 89 Batmobile for 1/6 89 Batman to stand next to

That's it, nothing else, no villains or supporting characters!

Just Batman!

Collection Finished.

I could walk away with those 9 pieces and call it a day.

Which means I need to sell my Jack Joker.

Yup

I will always love their Jokers, christ, like who doesn't.

But I want pure Batman, nothing else.

If you're serious...

No offense, but that sounds like one boring-ass collection.

Batman has great shelf presence, no doubt, but a collection completely devoid of color is gonna look very bland.

Just like you need shadows to appreciate the light, you need color for black to look badass.

The '89 Bat without a color-poping Joker next to him is 50% less awesome looking. :(

If you're serious...

Batman has great shelf presence, no doubt, but a collection completely devoid of color is gonna look very bland.

Just like you need shadows to appreciate the light, you need color for black to look badass.

The '89 Bat without a color-poping Joker next to him is 50% less awesome looking. :(

That is the issue I have with the Nolanverse. I had a load of figures but as a group they are actually quite drab. The Nicholson Joker injected a much needed burst of colour onto my shelves. Even the vivid yellow of Keaton Bats' logo made a difference.

I always try to pair up Batman figures with a colourful counterpart to balance out the darkness of the suit. Having said that, I'm totally breaking my rules as I don't think I can resist buying Catwoman to go with the DX12...

Sorry to be late to the party but the DX12 *will* have a rubber suit? I thought the main selling point of this one was that it'll be the first TDK suit that is all fabric and will forego any leaking issues.

fabric suit with rubber parts on it

That is the issue I have with the Nolanverse. I had a load of figures but as a group they are actually quite drab. The Nicholson Joker injected a much needed burst of colour onto my shelves. Even the vivid yellow of Keaton Bats' logo made a difference.

I always try to pair up Batman figures with a colourful counterpart to balance out the darkness of the suit. Having said that, I'm totally breaking my rules as I don't think I can resist buying Catwoman to go with the DX12...

I actually didn't notice that until I bought the Reeve Superman. My previous figures were all Nolan Batman figures (DX Joker, BR, Two Face, BB Batman, DX Batman). Also had an Enterbay Bauer (black and navy), SS Indy (brown), and Enterbay Bourne (all black). No color at all. Even the Joker purple is a fairly drab purple. The Reeve Superman livened things up a bit.

SnakeDoc

Sorry to be late to the party but the DX12 *will* have a rubber suit? I thought the main selling point of this one was that it'll be the first TDK suit that is all fabric and will forego any leaking issues.

Fabric armor parts would probably not look very realistic. Fabric suit with glued-on rubber armor still sounds like there won't be a leaking issue, but the glue still has many people worried.

How are people so sure the armor is rubber rather than plastic?

SnakeDoc

I don't believe it's been confirmed one way or another. In fact, one of the pics that had people freaking out with creases in the armor made it look more like a Nerf-like material than rubber. I don't think anyone really knows what the armor's made of.

If you're serious...

Valid concerns, I thought about the same thing.

If HT makes a 1/4 Joker that is hopefully of greater quality than EB, I could see myself adding him into the collection.

Well, maybe, I still like the idea of 100% Batman only.

Last edited:

I don't believe it's been confirmed one way or another. In fact, one of the pics that had people freaking out with creases in the armor made it look more like a Nerf-like material than rubber. I don't think anyone really knows what the armor's made of.

Which picture is that?

SnakeDoc

Fabric armor parts would probably not look very realistic. Fabric suit with glued-on rubber armor still sounds like there won't be a leaking issue, but the glue still has many people worried.

Good, that was my only concern.

Good, that was my only concern.

hope there's no issues with this new armor... but the rubber can tear with time or extreme poses or detach from the suit... those are the cons of this very complex suit.

If HT makes a 1/4 Joker that is hopefully of greater quality than EB, I could see myself adding him into the collection.

It sounds like the joker may make you may have to break your one rule.

Indeed. Now imagine it without Joker's red glasgow smile and purple coat. Even Scarecrow's brown jacket gives relative variety.

Well it's your call obviously, and maybe I'm "gay" for worrying about color so much, but these collections have the potential to be beautiful displays. A totally monochromatic display would be lacking IMO. :peace

It sounds like the joker may make you may have to break your one rule.

:rotfl:clap:rotfl

Indeed. Now imagine it without Joker's red glasgow smile and purple coat. Even Scarecrow's brown jacket gives relative variety.

Well it's your call obviously, and maybe I'm "gay" for worrying about color so much, but these collections have the potential to be beautiful displays. A totally monochromatic display would be lacking IMO. :peace

:lecture

Nonetheless, your feedback is always welcome. :duff

Back