HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Any opinions on how cold weather could effect this piece from 0-10 degrees Celsius? I am worried about the rubber and adhesive not sticking to the material on his legs. Or worse, the rubber cracking. I will currently be in a very cold home for the next few months.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Any opinions on how cold weather could effect this piece from 0-10 degrees Celsius? I am worried about the rubber and adhesive not sticking to the material on his legs. Or worse, the rubber cracking. I will currently be in a very cold home for the next few months.

I think it'll be fine. Cracking happens when the humidity level is too high and/or too hot.

Reposed mine and even though I have the 1/4, this guy is still one of the figure I enjoyed looking at every time I'm in the collection room.

edit: took a quick pic from my phone. Sorry for the low res and sideway pic. :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 339

Those are some pretty Batman figure there.

I wish I had a collection room. :(
I have a collection corner. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Its actually a study room where the computer is.

I just happen to put some detolf case, shelfs and some of my junks in it. At least thats what I tell my wife :lol

I switched him up to the top shelf (from middle, eye level shelf) and had him looking down and I just realised how it looks really like the infamous TDK Bat pose with him standing looking down at the ruins after Rachel got blown up.

Think I'll take out the unused ruins TDKR 1/4 stand and give it to this guy. My only minor nitpick would be the " Dark Knight Rises" plate instead of 'The Dark Knight'. :gah:

I think it'll be fine. Cracking happens when the humidity level is too high and/or too hot.

Thanks for the reply.

I am worried about the cold weather causing shrinkage of the rubber, which in turn will make the rubber fall off it's adhesive.

Very nice bud

Thanks for the reply.

I am worried about the cold weather causing shrinkage of the rubber, which in turn will make the rubber fall off it's adhesive.

You can always glue em back with loctite. But I don't think it'll just fall off. It seems these are also connected with a tubes to hold em together. I guess that's why the placement of these are so precise even with the huge amount of unit that they produce.

That's a really great idea dude. The 1/4 Stand looks really great with the DX12.

It wasn't my idea tbh, I think I remembered seeing it a while back from this thread. Just had the spare time to finally put it to realisation.

It does look epic though. :rock

Ahh, well I didn't see it before, so you can just take credit for it. :lol but yeah, it does look really cool. As you said, looks like the scene after Rachel's death in The Dark Knight. Makes me tempted to track down a 1/4 base on ebay. Although I'm sure they're pretty pricey.

Ahh, well I didn't see it before, so you can just take credit for it. :lol but yeah, it does look really cool. As you said, looks like the scene after Rachel's death in The Dark Knight. Makes me tempted to track down a 1/4 base on ebay. Although I'm sure they're pretty pricey.

My suggestion would be wait for it to pop out on ebay. Right now theres only 1 left for bout $99 BIN, but seeing from the completed listings, it would seem these normally go for 20-30 bucks with auction format. Though Im not sure if folks are willing to part these 1/4 scale by now, since they are less popular than 1/6 stuffs.

Have you tried Toys Anxiety or Monkey Depot by any chance?

I always forget about those sites, I'll give them a check. I'm not too fussed about it, but if I could find one for a decent enough price then I'd grab one, just for some extra display options.

Thanks for the reply.

You can always glue em back with loctite. But I don't think it'll just fall off. It seems these are also connected with a tubes to hold em together. I guess that's why the placement of these are so precise even with the huge amount of unit that they produce.

That's reassuring, thanks for the reply. I'm was worried because of the history of rubber suits from Hot Toys, gets me on edge every time I think about how my DX12 has it on it's legs.

The rubber quality of latest figures from Hot Toys and past releases are different. With the current Batman DX12 will not happen such problems , unless, of course, you do not store it in direct sunlight or near a heat radiator. The room must have recommended for human health humidity and temperature, and no direct sunlight.

Yeah, I can see that.

No love for the 1/4 HT Bats?

Oh I actually love the 1/4. When it was first unveiled I was tempted by it just due to the amount of stuff it came with. Then when those pictures came out from the cons and everything was updated it looked amazing and I was tempted to try and get it but I can't really afford it. I don't really have any 1/4 figures but the QS001 and the enterbay Way of the Dragon Bruce Lee were both very tempting, but it's just that extra cash and the extra space needed.

It is an amazing looking figure though and I'm disappointed I had to pass it up. But I'm really pleased now that we're getting the new face plates with the armoury and the extra belt stuff so I can upgrade my DX12 and I'll be happy with that. Am hoping to pick up a custom sonar head at some point too and a back pack and them I'll be set, everything I want/need in a dark knight figure.

Back