Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vanity is a thing, it's real. We all want nice things and *most* people don't understand why someone would spend that much money on certain things.

People spend thousands on boots, suits, etc.Status? Maybe. Maybe they need to let others know they have the $$$. A 17K gold Apple Watch? Some need it for that very same purpose: Status. Armani suit? Check. 100K vehicle? Check.

We could spend months trying to find the real reasoning behind these purchases, but the truth is that many of us would LOVE to own one of those things. Even those that find them ridiculous.

A $250 toy would seem ridiculous to most, but maybe most of those people like expensive guns, watches, etc etc, so one can make an actual point/argument and have a rational conversation.

But a 6-8K DOLL HEAD?

Yeah, there's nothing rational about that.

I see these figures as a form of art, definitely agree about that... but spending that kind of money for a head sculpt that's an inch tall is ridiculous.

For that amount i'd expect a full scale Joker. At the same time though, pick any random person on the street and they'd probably think spending $250 for a figure is ridiculous.
Yeah $6500 should be close to a full scale joker.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

It truly is the definition of insanity. There's no other reasoning.

How someone's significant other would approve or stay in a relationship with someone with that level of irresponsibility towards money is mind blowing. Even as a single individual with Ciristiano Ronaldo levels of finances, I just have a hard time comprehending such behavior.

Yes. To each their own. We are not all in the same financial level. But there's limits to everything FFS.

I get ridiculous purchases such a plane, 20 Lamborghini, jewelry, hell, islands.

But almost 10K on a doll head? Like, what the actual ****?

Dude first of all "How someone's significant other would approve or stay in a relationship with someone with that level of irresponsibility towards money is mind blowing " you have nothing to do with my life or with my relationship with my wife and you have no rights to call me irresponsible or add my wife on the middle of your post ! you have no idea what do i do for living or how much do i earn ? simply nothing at all... so just for now on you start respecting instead saying **** inside of you low budged bubble ! Capiche Michelangelo ? show some respect from now on

My post was a general post, not towards anybody. This whole 2K for socks and heads is a common Joker thing that is just mind blowing to me. I don't know who you are nor I care.

If you felt that it was a direct jab to you, then you are wrong. It was in general, and I stand by it. I have said nothing wrong.

My post was a general post, not towards anybody. This whole 2K for socks and heads is a common Joker thing that is just mind blowing to me. I don't know who you are nor I care.

If you felt that it was a direct jab to you, then you are wrong. It was in general, and I stand by it. I have said nothing wrong.

If you called "insane" someone that paid 6.5k on a Joker head it was directed to me as this head you guys are talking is the one I posted , if you don't agree fair enough as many people will love and hate , that's life man ! But talk about how someone can stay on a relationship with someone that spend 6-9k is a bit to much , as you have nothing to do with it . Very simple ! I will just not say anything as is not really worth it ! Just try to keep some respect now

Last edited:
Lol...yeah that doesn't make it any better

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Not saying it does, just saying I understand why they do it.

I see these figures as a form of art, definitely agree about that... but spending that kind of money for a head sculpt that's an inch tall is ridiculous.

Oh great I have opened up a can of worms here.

What really concerns me is where does the limit end, this use to be 2500 for those who ordered it 3 years ago then once it was released last year people were buying it off the original sellers for nearly triple that and still are. Buying it off secondary market is not so much of a concern as that price can vary, my issue is about Adam raising his prices because of this demand.

For that amount i'd expect a full scale Joker. At the same time though, pick any random person on the street and they'd probably think spending $250 for a figure is ridiculous.

Agreed, I would rather that to.

Vanity is a thing, it's real. We all want nice things and *most* people don't understand why someone would spend that much money on certain things.

People spend thousands on boots, suits, etc.Status? Maybe. Maybe they need to let others know they have the $$$. A 17K gold Apple Watch? Some need it for that very same purpose: Status. Armani suit? Check. 100K vehicle? Check.

We could spend months trying to find the real reasoning behind these purchases, but the truth is that many of us would LOVE to own one of those things. Even those that find them ridiculous.

That's true we would.

A $250 toy would seem ridiculous to most, but maybe most of those people like expensive guns, watches, etc etc, so one can make an actual point/argument and have a rational conversation.

But a 6-8K DOLL HEAD?

Yeah, there's nothing rational about that.

But that's the thing people that buy this head don't see it as a toy doll head they see it as owning a piece of art.

Last edited:
Insult someone's spending habits on their hobby...

...and everyone loses their mind!

10f38cd121df7f0bcce42c5f19e8dbfc3790d20282aefdef975dd003a557c312.jpg

Who are we to judge, really? The value of anything we buy is all relative. I've not gone beyond $1k on a collectible because that's all that's practical for me, perhaps it's $10k for another guy. A female acquaintance might find it off that I easily spend $500 for a super-hero statue, but my girlfriend knows that I would I make sure that the mortgage and everything else is secured first she'd sometimes even tell me that I should get the new Batman figure or whatnot.

He spent $6500 on a doll head. But maybe he's also secured a great house, some cars, family insurance, good food. Heck maybe he even donates more than that to charities on occasion. But yeah, all we know is that he's spent my full year's mortgage on a doll head so that makes him insane and everyone else correct.

Because he's not a hero.

He's a silent guardian.

A watchful protector.

He owns an Adam Gu Joker head.

Batman-the-dark-knight-rises-30822442-500-206.gif

$6500 for some people is pocket change.

Some people spend that much on a single meal, they live in a different world than us normal folks.

I will take 1/6 joker doll head over fancy dinner. 👍

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Holy moly this thread got nasty.

So that 3.0? Not gonna happen, at least not for now - WB is going to avoid anything that steps on the toes of the current DCCU.

Ahh. The DX11 thread has always been comedy gold.

I will say whoever purchased the 6.5k head is displaying it wrong.

It shouldn't be in a cheap ass Detolf in front of a window. I would get that thing in a hermetically sealed UV protective case asap.

Must preserve the art.

Who are we to judge, really? The value of anything we buy is all relative. I've not gone beyond $1k on a collectible because that's all that's practical for me, perhaps it's $10k for another guy. A female acquaintance might find it off that I easily spend $500 for a super-hero statue, but my girlfriend knows that I would I make sure that the mortgage and everything else is secured first she'd sometimes even tell me that I should get the new Batman figure or whatnot.

It's not about judging people who pay a lot of money for a head, it's about WTF is the head worth this amount in the first place? Adams Joker sculpts are the only 1/6th sculpts in the collector community that are worth thousands. If these sculpts didn't exist imagine how much different the collector community would be.

He spent $6500 on a doll head. But maybe he's also secured a great house, some cars, family insurance, good food. Heck maybe he even donates more than that to charities on occasion. But yeah, all we know is that he's spent my full year's mortgage on a doll head so that makes him insane and everyone else correct.

I am sure he is has his priorities in order but once again this is not about him, the issue is how much is too much for a 1/6th head. Is there are limit or can people sell these as much as they want because people will pay any price to have one?

Personally I have never understood the 25k gold watch either.......but I am utilitarian.......so to me a watch just tells the time. BUT a watch and a figure can be considered art.

To me a watch is a watch.....
But a figure is artwork.......so I am comfortable spending my cash on artwork that brings a smile to my face.

Most people can understand spending 6500 on artwork. So be it a painting or sculpture...its acceptable.

Our hobby is still looked at by most as big boys and dolly toys. I think most of us know what we really appreciate is the artwork and the tribute to the larger artwork that is the film or story captured in that piece that we love.

One mans art is another mans folly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahh. The DX11 thread has always been comedy gold.

I will say whoever purchased the 6.5k head is displaying it wrong.

It shouldn't be in a cheap ass Detolf in front of a window. I would get that thing in a hermetically sealed UV protective case asap.

Must preserve the art.

It's funny because I see a lot of collectors do this. They will have tens of thousands of dollars in figures, statues etc. and they will all be displayed on crappy $30 shelves from Ikea or Wal-mart. They won't be covered up and they will be in a room with windows with bright light shining in. It's kind of nuts :lol

If I spent 6K+ on a doll head that thing would be in a custom made professionally built display box with lighting, temperature control, UV protection on a rotating base etc. It would be displayed on it's own and would be the focus of my collection. The cost is so minimal compared to the actual item, I would want to protect it.

Personally I have never understood the 25k gold watch either.......but I am utilitarian.......so to me a watch just tells the time. BUT a watch and a figure can be considered art.

But a figure is artwork.......so I am comfortable spending my cash on artwork that brings a smile to my face.

Most people can understand spending 6500 on artwork. So be it a painting or sculpture...its acceptable

Yes but a 1/6th head is no where near in the same league as a painting or sculpture by a well known famous artist. And this is the problem in the collector community people equate owning these pieces like they are owning artwork by a famous sculptor or painter.

Our hobby is still looked at by most as big boys and dolly toys. I think most of us know what we really appreciate is the artwork and the tribute to the larger artwork that is the film or story captured in that piece that we love.

It maybe art but whether it worthy of the high price it goes for is another story.

Last edited:

Most people can understand spending 6500 on artwork. So be it a painting or sculpture...its acceptable.

Well said!! To many wants to apply their own standards on others, unfortunately that's not how things work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most love to use the term 'if'! If I had if I owned etc. the thing is: when you used the term if, that means you're not there yet, at the stage at the league or at that moment hence you won't understand the person who's there, doing spending or owning. Stop justifying something you don't understand, why can't you just enjoy something shared by someone which is very well made and not available to most of us? [emoji106]

i know this is not the right place for this fig but ...

This is exactly the problem right here.

The reason these threads devolve into these nasty fights, that have nothing to do with the subject of the thread, is because people like you KNOWINGLY flaunt the rules and post stuff that has no business here.

This is the MMS DX11 thread, not the $8000 custom Joker head thread.

You knew this wasn't the right place, but you did it anyway - you thought the rules don't apply to you, that your desire was more important. You have no one else to blame for this huge mess but yourself. Why do you think those rules were created in the first place?

I have no problem seeing or discussing these custom Joker projects, but they should be where they belong -in custom Joker figure threads.

Thiat stuff belongs in this thread just as much as Darth Vader and Iron Man stuff belongs here.

Most love to use the term 'if'! If I had if I owned etc. the thing is: when you used the term if, that means you're not there yet, at the stage at the league or at that moment hence you won't understand the person who's there, doing spending or owning. Stop justifying something you don't understand, why can't you just enjoy something shared by someone which is very well made and not available to most of us? [emoji106]

Not really.

Same could be said of others assuming that one doesn't have the means because one is simply not insane enough to spend that much on a head. A 1/6 head.

It goes both ways really.

This is exactly the problem right here.

The reason these threads devolve into these nasty fights, that have nothing to do with the subject of the thread, is because people like you KNOWINGLY flaunt the rules and post stuff that has no business here.

This is the MMS DX11 thread, not the $8000 custom Joker head thread.

You knew this wasn't the right place, but you did it anyway - you thought the rules don't apply to you, that your desire was more important. You have no one else to blame for this huge mess but yourself. Why do you think those rules were created in the first place?

I have no problem seeing or discussing these custom Joker projects, but they should be where they belong -in custom Joker figure threads.

Thiat stuff belongs in this thread just as much as Darth Vader and Iron Man stuff belongs here.

Amen to this. There's a custom section for a reason. No judgment there.

Back