Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what a lot of people said about Ledger also.
He looked like the Crow.
Cant really judge it til you see it.

:exactly:

Don't forget even Christopher Reeve as Supes and Ben Affleck as Batman. When he was first cast as Batman, Ben Affleck said the first reaction comment he read was...

giphy.gif

Keaton too.

Over time I've learnt to give these casting decisions benefit of the doubt. :lol

I'm not crazy about Eisenberg though.

:exactly:

I quite liked Eisenberg myself. He reminded me a lot of Ledger's Joker, but I thought that interaction between him and Supes at the top of LexCorp tower on the helipad when he revealed that he had Martha kidnapped was a really good Superman-Luthor interaction.

That's what a lot of people said about Ledger also.
He looked like the Crow.
Cant really judge it til you see it.

While I agree you can't truly judge something until you see it as a lot of people were skeptical of Ledger but he at the very least looked like the joker even if you weren't fond of the actor. The design for SS is pure ridiculous and does not look anything like how you would picture the joker with the weird grill and absurd tattoos. I have no doubt that Jared Leto will bring something new and interesting to the role he's generally a good actor IMO but no matter how good the movie or the performance I will never think that taking a beloved character and redesigning him to look like some moronic "edgy" persona was a good idea. I mean come on the tattoos may have been an interesting idea if they weren't the most obvious and dumb representations of him being a psychopath or "damaged" which makes him seem like a whiny teenager. He's the CLOWN prince of crime not the lead singer of some goth core band.

While I agree you can't truly judge something until you see it as a lot of people were skeptical of Ledger but he at the very least looked like the joker even if you weren't fond of the actor. The design for SS is pure ridiculous and does not look anything like how you would picture the joker with the weird grill and absurd tattoos. I have no doubt that Jared Leto will bring something new and interesting to the role he's generally a good actor IMO but no matter how good the movie or the performance I will never think that taking a beloved character and redesigning him to look like some moronic "edgy" persona was a good idea. I mean come on the tattoos may have been an interesting idea if they weren't the most obvious and dumb representations of him being a psychopath or "damaged" which makes him seem like a whiny teenager. He's the CLOWN prince of crime not the lead singer of some goth core band.

I think the traditional Joker everyone is used to, is typically depicted as a guy who has grown up into adulthood and then gone crazy later on in life. It looks like this new interpretation, has him going crazy and taking on the Joker persona at a much earlier stage in life. In which case getting tattoos and platinum teeth would make sense for him. If he has rejected society and no longer cares about how people perceive him. Also the classic Joker wears a lot of suits and tends to dress like a mobster type character but this Joker seems more like a street person or scavenger character. Maybe he had to join a lot of gangs to survive and slowly climb ranks before taking over. Getting tattoos would just be part of the process.

Iconic performance, iconic movie, iconic figure, dead actor, yeah i don't see peeps unloading this because of 30 seconds to Mars.

Another Ledger figure on the other hand..

Still, doesn't DX01 still sell for a pretty penny?

I think the traditional Joker everyone is used to, is typically depicted as a guy who has grown up into adulthood and then gone crazy later on in life. It looks like this new interpretation, has him going crazy and taking on the Joker persona at a much earlier stage in life. In which case getting tattoos and platinum teeth would make sense for him. If he has rejected society and no longer cares about how people perceive him. Also the classic Joker wears a lot of suits and tends to dress like a mobster type character but this Joker seems more like a street person or scavenger character. Maybe he had to join a lot of gangs to survive and slowly climb ranks before taking over. Getting tattoos would just be part of the process.

I can totally get behind this reasoning for him having tattoos and or the grill but not the execution the tattoos could be cool if they were in any way clever or interesting but their not and as a person who has tattoos I doubt a scavenger type character could afford thousands of dollars worth of good line work and coloring just so he could seem crazy in which case if he's commiting crimes to pay for tattoos and platinum teeth I would hardly say he's not concerned with people's perception of him

If Hot Toys did an anniversary TDK Heath Ledger Joker, what accessories and stuff would you want?

I'd love to have a version in full purple costume with a video camera and a floppy rubber batman mask. A homage to the "Brian" homemade video scene which Heath Ledger largely wrote and directed himself.

If Hot Toys did an anniversary TDK Heath Ledger Joker, what accessories and stuff would you want?

I'd love to have a version in full purple costume with a video camera and a floppy rubber batman mask. A homage to the "Brian" homemade video scene which Heath Ledger largely wrote and directed himself.

It'd be cool to have an "ultimate edition". The coat filled with grenades, two new sculpts with interrogation paint job and another with clean paint, and an assortment of knives and guns they could reuse from the DX11.

A two-pack with a nurse Joker would be great, but I read somewhere his family requested that figure never be made... Not sure why.

I didn't know that the family have some objection to a Nurse figure, that's a shame. :(

Apart from that, the only accessory that they haven't done is the grenade launcher he uses in the chase scene. Everything else delves into reuse territory.

I think they'll definitely do a 10th anniversary figure though, and by that time they should be able to update everything fairly nicely, I'd imagine.

Thanks guys. :hi5:

I have bought many Ledger sculpts over the years. I got this one last year from OSK. Does the job beautifully I may add.

Back