Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ledger never looked like he was crusty or made out of toxic asbestos and plaster.

You want to see realism? Google BobbyC's 1:1 Joker sculpts. They're great. They look life like, have a "life" to them and it looks like real skin with paint applied to it. THAT is great work. His Jack Torrance's teeth and hair? His Michael Gough Alfred? Those look photorealistic. Not these little Joker heads. I just don't get the appeal other than these hyper Nolan Joker 1/6 nuts that demand all this stuff. The market has been over saturated with Ledger Joker, period.

People can say what they will about the DX 11 but atleast that sculpt looks fleshy with a realistic wet, sweat sheen and not some dried up shrunken voodoo thing.

Exactly. Though I guess to some people that makes the head sculpts look more "real." :lol :dunno

Ledger never looked like he was crusty or made out of toxic asbestos and plaster.

You want to see realism? Google BobbyC's 1:1 Joker sculpts. They're great. They look life like, have a "life" to them and it looks like real skin with paint applied to it. THAT is great work. His Jack Torrance's teeth and hair? His Michael Gough Alfred? Those look photorealistic. Not these little Joker heads. I just don't get the appeal other than these hyper Nolan Joker 1/6 nuts that demand all this stuff. The market has been over saturated with Ledger Joker, period.

People can say what they will about the DX 11 but atleast that sculpt looks fleshy with a realistic wet, sweat sheen and not some dried up shrunken voodoo thing.

:exactly:
I completely agree. I was never a fan of MRM's heads.

i've got a custom joker w/ a dx01 overcoat. is the dx-11 a much better coat? thinking of switching mine if it is. sorry for waaay outdated question. been gone awhile lol

It's here and it's AMAZING!
I will take better pics in the upcoming days!
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I for one love it. To each there own. I would be proud to have that joker. I think it is one of the best, but I understand it's limits of possibility due to the head and eye direction.

Anybody else get sick of having the whole dio in their detolf? I'm going to pack mine away. It wouldn't be so bad if I had lighting in the detolf but I don't, so not only is it taking up space with the furniture, but it is also leaving my Joker in the dark with the backdrop blocking out the light from the sides.

I guess I just prefer a simple, figure or two on display stands on each shelf.

Anybody else get sick of having the whole dio in their detolf? I'm going to pack mine away. It wouldn't be so bad if I had lighting in the detolf but I don't, so not only is it taking up space with the furniture, but it is also leaving my Joker in the dark with the backdrop blocking out the light from the sides.

I guess I just prefer a simple, figure or two on display stands on each shelf.

thats how I felt too until I put LED lighting in my Detolf. however, with my amount of space shrinking, I may be removing the dio to make room.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of dios, especially things like cardboard backdrops. Too much space and it doesn't look natural, given that I have a bunch of other figures as well.

I do like the table though, so I'm thinking of loading it up with a bunch of the accessories (since most of those don't get a lot of use in figure displays). Guns, knives, chattering teeth, the Harvey Dent button...

It'd make a good companion to the TDK armory - a dio I -am- considering because it doesn't look cheap and works well as a background to the other figures (so it doesn't take much more room than the figures would take anyhow).

I'm also not a fan of the cardboard dios. I have mine displayed on his figure mound instead which looks a lot better IMO.

I packed away the backdrop, desk and chair. It's always impressive, looking at the boxes these figures come in. Now my display looks much more uniform and when I casually glance at my Joker, I can actually see it. Maybe I'll bring out the desk and chair again at some point but I doubt I'll use the backdrop again. Not while I'm living in this small condo with this setup. It would be cool to one day have one figure per shelf in their own unique environment with lighting.

Sheesh, tough crowd. Looks good to me. What is this board coming to when a hoard of people are ruthlessly bashing a custom head?

A few years ago that kind of quality/silicone alone in 1/6th was quite literally unfathomable.

Yeah, its knock off HT. The coat looks horrid, the rest doesn't look bad. Someone else bought that set, can't remember who though.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Anyone looking to sell there DX11 (as long as it is new)? Tried buying one off commerce, but haven't got a response. Send me a PM if you want to sell at a reasonable price. Thanks guys! Been looking to buy this since I just got into collecting. MOS Superman and SSC Darth Vader are my first figures.

I had a chance to see the actual outfit worn by Ledger and I have to say, the color of the DX11 coat is way off. The color of the original god awful mms version is the closest IMO

a4anebyh.jpg

Back