Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bet you're glad NRD's exist and declined cards.

Actually, I'm somewhat skeptical that this is what happened.

Think about it - we know the EX is to be split into two shipments. We also know that SS claimed that the Wait List was long enough that they knew they wouldn't be able to fulfill it all, so they closed it off completely.

Now, do you really think that SOOOO many cards were declined that their entire waitlist was freed up - so much so, that not only did they "reopen" the waitlist, so-to-speak, but that they removed it entirely and let anyone place a guaranteed order (rather than just opening potential spots on the waitlist)?

My bet is that they told Hot Toys how much the demand was and, since Hot Toys is still actively producing a run of this figure, they increased the numbers to be produced and sent to SS (since there are so many guaranteed sales, given the high demand). It's smart business, for both SS and HT - the demand is there, and the figure is still in production/pre-release, so no reason not to keep pumping them out.

That's the optimistic appraisal, of course - it could be that the whole "shut down the waitlist" operation was a cynical move on SS's part, to instill anxiety in panic in buyers who would otherwise be on the fence, for a figure that SS knows very well they have more than enough to sell. So when they make this available again, those would-be fence-sitters leap at the chance.

Showing up as "ITEM STATUS: CHECK BACK SOON"

Any idea what's going on? Was thinking about placing an order for this tomorrow.

Means it's out of stock and they haven't updated the status to Sold Out.

How early do you have to catch them to have this done? I've requested a hold before when my package arrives in town and they tell me I need to wait one more day...:dunno

UPS now has a thing called "My Choice". It's free to sign up. I signed up a few weeks ago. Now, whenever something ships to my address, I get an email alert right away.

Then I can log into my account on their website, click on a couple of buttons and instead of putting it on the truck for delivery, they'll hold it at the depot. You can pick packages up at our depot from 8am - 6pm and again from 8pm - 8:30pm.

Seeing as SSC ships everything signature required, I'd much rather drive over there at 8am and pick it up as opposed to hoping to catch (and usually miss) the delivery truck at my house.

I've done this for Thor, Widow, Monger and tomorrow Joker. Works great.

UPS now has a thing called "My Choice". It's free to sign up. I signed up a few weeks ago. Now, whenever something ships to my address, I get an email alert right away.

Then I can log into my account on their website, click on a couple of buttons and instead of putting it on the truck for delivery, they'll hold it at the depot. You can pick packages up at our depot from 8am - 6pm and again from 8pm - 8:30pm.

Seeing as SSC ships everything signature required, I'd much rather drive over there at 8am and pick it up as opposed to hoping to catch (and usually miss) the delivery truck at my house.

First time I heard of this. I may have to give it a try. Thanks.

:goodpost: I just signed up for this a couple weeks ago, works great.

Got mine in yesterday but I had to go to work right after words. :( Have to say Joker and Bane are two my favorite now. Here's how I have Joker set till my day off Thursday. Then some other pics.

4028D6EA-5B8E-4A2D-857F-C9DD54E6B948-36844-00002164238A5C1F.jpg

3468DA03-1747-49A7-A0E2-A9D3C31794FA-36844-00002164203E135F.jpg

4C0C011F-C032-4A6B-A619-0BD5C3ECE573-36844-0000216427753837.jpg

So much for getting this guy :rolleyes2

Is there any other place still taking orders for this?

It popped back today, so there's no reason it won't pop back tomorrow or the next day or sometime in the next few weeks.

Just keep your eyes open. Check once or twice a day (no more than that - you don't want to obsess over it!). The aftermarket price will rise at a slow enough rate that it's worth it to just hold out for a few more weeks, rather than commit to an overly expensive Ebay purchase.

(Unless you don't care about the EX, in which case just go for the normal version now).

It popped back today, so there's no reason it won't pop back tomorrow or the next day or sometime in the next few weeks.

Just keep your eyes open. Check once or twice a day (no more than that - you don't want to obsess over it!). The aftermarket price will rise at a slow enough rate that it's worth it to just hold out for a few more weeks, rather than commit to an overly expensive Ebay purchase.

(Unless you don't care about the EX, in which case just go for the normal version now).

What I don't get it, why does the regular version have a flex payment of 4 months while the Ex only have 2 months? I really want to spread the payment to 4 months but since the Ex is there for the same price I figured I go for that one instead. :(

Just got this guy today, and he is awesome! No offense to anyone on here, but I remember when people were freaking out about the tiny dots from the paint application on the headsculpt...now after seeing the paint job in hand, I feel sorry for those who nitpick tiny things like that. You can't even tell with the naked eye. IMO some have gotten spoiled and overly critical. Again this is just my humble opinion, and I mean no disrespect to anyone who feels otherwise.

Got mine today as well. Came with a damaged box, just like DX12 (ripped along the fold). Thankfully this one isn't as bad as my DX12, just small tear on 2 ends of a fold and slightly dented corner. I'll be hitting up Sideshow for a replacement box, if they got any.

I think from now on I'll be getting pack-outs for DX figures. They are just too heavy to be shipped in the standard brown shipper.

Got mine today as well. Came with a damaged box, just like DX12 (ripped along the fold). Thankfully this one isn't as bad as my DX12, just small tear on 2 ends of a fold and slightly dented corner. I'll be hitting up Sideshow for a replacement box, if they got any.

I think from now on I'll be getting pack-outs for DX figures. They are just too heavy to be shipped in the standard brown shipper.

You do know how much a pack-out adds to the shipping price then? A box that'd normally be around $30 will become something like $80.

:goodpost::exactly: Yup. That's what I did this time around. Both my Dx12's boxes came all jacked up. The extra $10 bucks is worth it. You live and you learn.

This is the first time I requested a pack-out from sideshow, I can't see why they don't do it without asking in the first place, esspecially since all they ship is collectible items:slap I'm looking forward to this piece with great antisapation as its going to be my first joker figure:)

:goodpost::exactly: Yup. That's what I did this time around. Both my Dx12's boxes came all jacked up. The extra $10 bucks is worth it. You live and you learn.

At first I thought $10 was waste of money, but no. I've never had a damaged box since adding pack out (though the pack-out sill looks cheap comparing to BBTS' hard bubble wrap)

Back