Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually bought my DX01 AFTER I pre ordered the DX11. To me there is enough difference to want them both. The police joker is a given, but I love the grenade setup and the head sculpt.

I bought 2 DX01's and an MMS68 LOL. With the laughing headsculpt by HT and all the customs being made, I needed more bodies. I'm up to 6 Jokers now and DX11 to be ordered. I think that should do.

I'LL be up to 5 jokers after this one :horror and we still got sideshows version coming out sometime...:lecture We Cant ever get enough bats and jokers...

Now that we're moving closer to the release date, I'm getting excited about having this figure in my hands soon. There's been a lot of worrying that the likeness is off, his face looks too fat etc, but I'll hold off making any big conclusions until I have him in front of me.

My god, I'll have too many Ledgers at this point.

-DX01 (showing grenade rig)
-Cop Joker
-Nurse Joker
-BR Joker
-BR Joker in clown mask
-Prison Kitbash Joker

And I'll probably grab two DX11's, to display both sculpts - the angry sculpt in the full outfit (probably holding his machine gun) and the laughing sculpt without the coats (i.e., interrogation outfit), so that I can show off the beautiful outfit that the coat usually hides.

Nicholson's got a lot of catching up to do...

I don't think we'll get another Jack. They'll move onto Penguin and Catwoman and BR Batman. If Jack had been an instant sell out we might have gotten another one, but they just made so many he was a slow mover. People aren't as crazy for him as the are Ledger.

I wish we HT would of given us a paint smeared head sculpt along with that scally cap/hat he was wearing when Vicky throws water in his face I would of loved to have that, also disappointed HT hasn't announced any news for a Batwing maybe in the future.

jacknicholsonasjokerjac.jpg

The Nicholson Joker hasn't even been out for a year. Batman just sold out a few months ago (Joker came out two months after Batman). It took Reeve Superman quite a while to sell out. The 1984 Terminator? That was a highly anticipated figure of a popular character that retailers had in stock for years, they're still making figures based on the character. Current releases sit and sit with a few exceptions (Hawkeye and Fury, who were probably limited due to character choice).

Hot Toys figures don't sell out like they used to years ago. Times have changed, they don't even preorder sell out. I bet they make a ton of popular characters, i.e. Batman, Superman, Joker, Iron Man, Terminator,. Predator etc.

I don't think selling out has any effect on what Hot Toys produces as a whole. I'm positive they'll make another Nicholson Joker like they alluded to in the article. The "Mob Civilian Joker". I bet it's way too expensive (like all the new releases) though and people don't eat it up.

Last edited:
Yep.

While it didn't surprise me, the price of the Battle Damaged T-800 at $300+ is pretty nuts.

The Jack Joker figure was when you could REALLY feel the new price hike. This Ledger Joker is ridiculous too. It'll just get worse as the months go on and the price rises more and more.

While I'm excited, I dread to think of what the prices will be for future releases like Batman Returns, Arkham City, Robocop and whatever else they have planned next year.

Yep.

While it didn't surprise me, the price of the Battle Damaged T-800 at $300+ is pretty nuts.

The Jack Joker figure was when you could REALLY feel the new price hike. This Ledger Joker is ridiculous too. It'll just get worse as the months go on and the price rises more and more.

While I'm excited, I dread to think of what the prices will be for future releases like Batman Returns, Arkham City, Robocop and whatever else they have planned next year.

Very true. I was planning on getting each of these releases that you mentioned, but due to the recent price hikes Ive dropped them all except Robocop. Ill be getting him cause I missed the first release(s) and have wanted a 12" representation since Ive started 1:6 scale collecting.

I was planning on getting Batman (Returns), Catwoman and Penguin, but Im sure each of those will be at LEAST $250 with Penguin probably hitting the $300 mark which I just dont think I care that much about him to dump that amount of dough on. Im hoping BR Catwoman will be under $200 and I may still pick her up.

And well Arkham City Ive dropped off the radar completely. My 1:6 collection is completely focused on Movie/Film characters so no Videogame versions for me. Especially at these prices.

So as it stands right now DX11 (which Im sure will be in 2013), Mark VII, Hulk, BD T-800, Marty McFly (if its comes in 2013) and Robocop are it at the moment for me for next year.

Compared to this year:
Classic Predator
First Avenger Captain America
Baby Doll
DX07
DX08
DX09
DX10
DX12
Avengers Captain America
Avengers Thor

With these prices things need to get cut.

Last edited:
Yep.

:exactly:

Im not down with spending this rediculous amount of cash for these figures. Ive been collecting Hot Toys for over 4 years, but its got to the point that Im just done. My excitement to get a figure is quickly overshadowed by my credit card bill and it just bums me out. Especially when in the back of my head Im thinking "yeah its great now, but a better version will come eventually and make me loathe this one."

Im pretty much done with this part of the hobby. Im trying to get my life in order and the huge amount of money I've put into this is just not practically anymore.

Yep. I think 2013 is definitely going to be my last year of collecting.

At the very most I'll probably buy 4-5 items next year.

:exactly:

Im not down with spending this rediculous amount of cash for these figures. Ive been collecting Hot Toys for over 4 years, but its got to the point that Im just done. My excitement to get a figure is quickly overshadowed by my credit card bill and it just bums me out. Especially when in the back of my head Im thinking "yeah its great now, but a better version will come eventually and make me loathe this one."

Im pretty much done with this part of the hobby. Im trying to get my life in order and the huge amount of money I've put into this is just not practically anymore.

It's funny because I seem to have the same feelings. I have stuff on its way to me and plan to order other figures but at the same time I contemplate selling everything the last several days. Weird.

Circumstances change, priorities shift.

When I started collecting, it was 2008. My love for TDK led me to 1:6 and I jumped in with both feet. I wanted one of every character from BB and TDK: custom, Hot Toys, didn't matter. My collection exploded and I spent good money, but at $145 per HT release, I could manage things. Fast forward 4 years and I'm going the other direction. Downsizing my collection and just focusing on core characters - one version of each. With DX releases pushing $300, I can only afford a couple figures a year and have had to sell off some stuff to acquire other bits and pieces. The economy and HT inflation have sucked a bit of the fun out of the hobby. I still enjoy the figures and no doubt, HT has made serious advances in likeness and quality, but like I said, priorities shift.

That being said, I still look forward to this release and feel good about it being the sole Joker representation in my line up.

The funny thing is, that I once mentioned that I'd stop collecting when Hot Toys figures passed the $200 mark. But, I'm still collecting them. I now have Joker 2.0 on per-order, and I'm thinking about also picking up the Batpod and Battle Damaged T-800 :panic:.

I do agree with you and everyone else. The incredibly high prices have taken all of the fun out of collecting. It saddens me that I now find myself picking and choosing which figures are the most important to my collection - instead of collecting everything to finish off an entire line.

Last edited:
I don't think we'll get another Jack. They'll move onto Penguin and Catwoman and BR Batman. If Jack had been an instant sell out we might have gotten another one, but they just made so many he was a slow mover. People aren't as crazy for him as the are Ledger.

I'm afraid you're right. :(

Gotta admit, I'll struggle with how to display this figure. He looks so iconic with the coat, but my favorite scene from the Nolan movies is the interrogation scene. What to do...

I plan on converting my DX01 to the interrogation scene with laughing sculpt. That's always an option if you're looking for 2 to display.

Back