Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that TDK blue filter was a real pain when deciding what colour is right

Mainly for the shirt and the blazer - I think the outfit inherently has very vibrant colours but that is toned down a lot on screen with the filter as well as lighting and weathering depending on the scene

The Kato outfit represents the vibrancy of the colours better than the predecessors did but yeah it looks even better once you weather it - gets it that little but closer to what you see on screen

The jacket used in the film was actually a polyester type material do it really does look different under different lighting, but I'm still of the view that it's colour is blueish Gray, just that it looks more blue or more Gray depending on lighting

some more pics

After seeing this and owning the HT DX 08 Joker (with the unique playing card buttons on the vest), it'd be nice if Hot Toys incorporated this onto the figure. They've clearly shown what they're capable of with Jack Joker.

Yeah it wouldn't be accurate to the interrogation - pre-interrogation scene but who cares. It'd be something different and make the suit that much better.

If they can make the playing card buttons, surely they can make a flower and a coin.

I agree and that coin button is a 1944 liberty winged head dime :banana
After seeing this and owning the HT DX 08 Joker (with the unique playing card buttons on the vest), it'd be nice if Hot Toys incorporated this onto the figure. They've clearly shown what they're capable of with Jack Joker.

Yeah it wouldn't be accurate to the interrogation - pre-interrogation scene but who cares. It'd be something different and make the suit that much better.

If they can make the playing card buttons, surely they can make a flower and a coin.

Re-watching this, and I'm reminded that Zeus (aka Z-Gangsta) was in this movie as "scary thug on ferry." We need a DX of him, ASAP. Now that "No Holds Barred" is being released on Blu Ray, the time is ripe!

I thought the same thing. I contemplated trying the switch to a slim a while back for the DX01, in case it helped with the fit. Now with the even better-fitting outfit, I'd like to try it again.

Although I don't remember the reason I eventually didn't try to get a slim (besides the price). Are they shorter or something?

Yeah, the original slim was shorter so I can understand why Kato didn't use it on his original fullset. But since hot toys ended up using a new body for the 2.0, they could have used a restructured sparrow slim.
I think kaustik is coming out with a new slim body for $19. If the quality of the body is good, I may try to switch bodies.

Yeah, the original slim was shorter so I can understand why Kato didn't use it on his original fullset. But since hot toys ended up using a new body for the 2.0, they could have used a restructured sparrow slim.
I think kaustik is coming out with a new slim body for $19. If the quality of the body is good, I may try to switch bodies.

The reason Kato used the advanced over every other body type was simply the fact that he felt it was the most realistically proportioned 1/6 body available, and therefore most suited to his tailoring style as basically what he does is use the techniques and patterns from 1:1 and try to replicate them as closely as possible in 1/6

Well myself and a few members here worked with Kato on the development of his handmade joker outfit

HT saw that work and hired him for Joker 2.0, so Kato basically sold HT his handmade outfit patterns and is helping the factory production team in the mass production process.

The only part of the handmade Kato outfit that has been changed for the HT version is the shirt which is more Gray and has a different fit as HT is using a new body for this joker 2.0

Wow, awesome. Still can't get over the fact that they hired him. For me it's just crazy cool because it's like two worlds which I thought would never overlap suddenly just got sucked together and created greatness. :panic:

Looks like they have added the chain and it seems we get the shotgun. :yess:

250899_386419884753341_1128246067_n.jpg
Picture of the Joker 2.0 at Toy Hunters / By Toy Hunters.

Now, if they could just add suspenders and fix the socks... I'd like the hair to have some lighter highlights, but that's something that, if it isn't fixed, I could deal with, but there's no reason that the socks should be like this when they've done this twice before, and there's no reason why we shouldn't get the suspenders when, again, they've done this before and included the suspenders.

Back