Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually no, the MMS 68 coat was better-it didn't look like a bath robe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bank robber 1 figure is a great. BR2 a waste of money and doesnt come close to the dx11. What the dx11 offers straight out the box is totally brilliant for any batman/joker fan.

the sculpt on the dx11 looks like a cartoon and I don't need all that dio Rama stuff. Just give me a good headsculpt and costume and I'm happy-ie bank robber joker 2.0. I have the original bank robber joker and the 2.0 was worthy of the update. If you don't own it, you'll never appreciate it.
It's iconic with nolans version of batman

the sculpt on the dx11 looks like a cartoon and I don't need all that dio Rama stuff. Just give me a good headsculpt and costume and I'm happy-ie bank robber joker 2.0. I have the original bank robber joker and the 2.0 was worthy of the update. If you don't own it, you'll never appreciate it.
It's iconic with nolans version of batman

Its not a worthy update at all. Its a lazy, half arsed effort. Brings nothing new to the table. Thats why it hasnt sold well. Great figure if you missed the first one but an easy swerve if you didnt. Id much sooner have all the accessories , 2 solid head sculpts and everything else the dx has to offer.

Its not a worthy update at all. Its a lazy, half arsed effort. Brings nothing new to the table. Thats why it hasnt sold well. Great figure if you missed the first one but an easy swerve if you didnt. Id much sooner have all the accessories , 2 solid head sculpts and everything else the dx has to offer.

Not having a dig pal, I'm just saying what I prefer. I have had every joker, MMS 68, dx 01, bank robber, dx 11 and bank robber 2.0.
Iv sold them and settled with the br 2.0. For me it's perfect.
Like I say, have it in hand and then have your say

Not having a dig pal, I'm just saying what I prefer. I have had every joker, MMS 68, dx 01, bank robber, dx 11 and bank robber 2.0.
Iv sold them and settled with the br 2.0. For me it's perfect.
Like I say, have it in hand and then have your say

Thats cool. Iv had them all also baring the br2. I got to see it from a fellow collector and its a great figure if the br1 didnt exist. What baffles me is why HT would re release another joker that takes up a small fraction of the film without offering different head sculpts or at least one new head sculpt. They could have included some of the other goon masks but didnt bother. And they still got the shirt wrong! That's whats disappointing and that's why it hasnt done well. But hey, if its your ultimate joker, thats great. Nothing wrong with that.

What baffles me is why HT would re release another joker that takes up a small fraction of the film without offering different head sculpts or at least one new head sculpt. They could have included some of the other goon masks but didnt bother. And they still got the shirt wrong! That's whats disappointing and that's why it hasnt done well.

HT wanted to see how far it could push the Ledger Joker on buyers. It got its answer. A repainted head, better tailoring and a better grenade rig don't justify the near $300 price tag.

It's answer was with the hardcore and the English. U say $300 say £145

HT wanted to see how far it could push the Ledger Joker on buyers. It got its answer. A repainted head, better tailoring and a better grenade rig don't justify the near $300 price tag.

Every time I say this:lecture I get a bunch of crap on this board. HT will continue to bump up their prices as long as everybody here keeps defending it, which to me, makes no sense. "Oh, I deserve to pay more, because it's worth it. Because hot toys says so".
Believe me, anything they make will not cost them any more than they were already paying already. Better tailoring?? Pfft! You think those workers putting this stuff together are getting paid any more?

Last edited:

Yep I couldnt agree more. HT know they can sell the joker all day long. The fact this didnt speaks for itself.

You could see it in the BRJ 2.0 thread. People were PISSED OFF by both the price and the lackluster effort. That being said, Ledger Joker will still sell. If HT ever improved the sculpt and threw in an alternate nurse outfit, people would pay $350+ for it. :lol

You could see it in the BRJ 2.0 thread. People were PISSED OFF by both the price and the lackluster effort. That being said, Ledger Joker will still sell. If HT ever improved the sculpt and threw in an alternate nurse outfit, people would pay $350+ for it. :lol

Yeah, except HT will charge $450 for it this time, and everybody on the board would defend them doing so.

I don't think anyone actually defended the price. If you see something that you like and can afford you can buy it. If your priced out the market don't buy it? It's pretty simple

I don't think anyone actually defended the price. If you see something that you like and can afford you can buy it. If your priced out the market don't buy it? It's pretty simple

Okay, so since I use to buy figures at an already ridiculous price a few years back and scrape by, I should now leave the hobby because companies have gotten extremely greedy and their labor pay has steadily gone down, while their profit margins go way up. So I should be extremely happy to pay twice as much?
Another hobby that will be crushed, and saved for the rich.
Remember people! Sideshow a few years back released their Star Wars series for $50 each! I know everybody will point out the somewhat lack of HT quality, but I've got to ask. Do you really think HT pays their workers any more to put in their extra details? No they do not. And please don't start with all that "licensing" argument. Sideshow did that starting at $50, remember?

Your talking about sideshow not hot toys, hot toys were always expensive-it's a high end collectible figurine market. They started small and grew larger and as a result they aren't as exclusive now as they now employ people and produce more of every figure. So yes naturally they would become more expensive. But not as expensive as they use to sell on there early years as they were less made and they sold on the secondary market-ie-ebay for 4 times as much. It's simple

Doll economics discussion here when it's occupying two threads already? FFS. BR v2.0 is a rip off for everyone other than fanboys, however you frame it.

Creasy, your theory doesn't make sense. If ht started smaller, then figures would ultimately be more expensive. So now that they've blown up, technically prices should not blow up as well. Even with extra production. The price of labor in China is dirt cheap. They're doing it because they know people like you will continue to make excuses for them. Plain and simple.
Do you honestly think that HT does not frequent these boards?? Keep telling them that you'll buy it no matter what, and they'll gladly oblige.........And then it will deteriorate after a couple months due to them using the cheapest materials they can find.
I own some Ht figures, and yeah sure they're awesome. But put it in perspective. Why should we have to pay insane money when it in fact only cost them a fraction?

You know what? Never mind. I don't know why I even try to get people to open their eyes. Spend your money how you want.

Back