Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to be weathering the costume this weekend, thanks to some tips from alexi. :)

100_7707.jpg

100_7711.jpg

100_7713.jpg

100_7714.jpg

Good eye. It's stage one of my repaint. Need to make the eye make up smaller on reflection. Also going to attempt to make the hair fuller at some point. :)

It's brought out the likeness more imo. It looks great! I'm considering repainting pieces of mine, so long as my painting skills improve a bit. The whole glossy look annoys me

Great job, hats off :wave

I actually really wanted to see some cleaner repaints. I'd love to get an extra one and have it painted like the "party" scene. That seems to be the other part where this expression was pretty prominent. Then, maybe a third for an authentic "mob meeting" look, then maybe a second "laughing" sculpt to have repainted with resculpted hair (or, better yet, rooted!) for the "hanging" scene. Nah, I'll stick with one.

I know sideshow says march but I'M EXPECTING a email in feb saying joker arrived early and contact us early to us to ship your order early.....I'M HOPING this shows up this next month.

Its your money, use it when you need it.
Off topic, I know, but I never thought I'd see a J.G. Wentworth reference in a Joker thread. :rotfl Now I can't get that damn theme song out of my head...

If that wasn't intended to be a reference then I apologize for sounding like a total nutcase.:cuckoo: I CAN"T WAIT FOR JOKER!!!:monkey3

Thanks guys. :duff

Wow snake! That looks amazing! :thud: Any tips on what you did?

Cheers shorty! Well, this is pretty much my first time doing this so not really sure I'm the right person to give tips as such.

But all I did was first make the Racoon circles darker. Mixed black acrylic with some white and a tiny bit of brown to make it lighter shade. Watered it down and effectively only dry brushing very lightly. I then blended the edges and scratched off a little paint to soften the circle.

Repainted the mouth with a more vibrant, again watered down, red and cleaned up the outline with white.

The white I used for that and the rest of the face is a mix of a TINY bit of black with the white to make it off white and then a smudge of flesh tone. (need to go back to te flesh tone parts exposed at the wrinkles this weekend.)
Basically used a stippling effect with a dry brush application and then pressed and smudged with my fingers to blend.

:duff

Back