Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate this thread.

Is the thread doing your head in a again?

:rotfl

DSC_2841_zpsa25bccf6.jpg

DSC_2843_zps9a61a82a.jpg

DSC_2862_zpsa85f51b0.jpg

DSC_2861_zps7f18bd49.jpg

DSC_2855_zpsddc8c11b.jpg

DSC_2852_zps3c5f6cd4.jpg

DSC_2847_zps93d2f21f.jpg

Nice pics! :goodpost:

Honestly that doesn't even look like the same sculpt. The smirk is not as prominent there as it is in most other pics. Looks more neutral which looks better.

What do you mean it doesn't look like the same sculpt? What sculpt are you talking about and pic are you comparing it to? I have compared a pic of Joker to the DX01 which never had a smirk to begin with. :confused:

The only thing I hate about the new sculpt is that smirk.

I can see why you hate it but it is one of the common expressions he used in the movie to bring the Joker character to life! I think if Hot Toys didn't use it, the head sculpt would look less like the Joker character in the film. :dunno

Honestly I feel like ever since the BR Joker, HT has gotten close to perfect with every single Joker head sculpt they've made. That said, I prefer the DX 11 the most simply because of how much personality it has. Heath's Joker was so lively in the film (having watched it recently again, his facial expressions looked so dynamic), and I just find most of the other HS to be lifeless in comparison to the DX 11's smirk. Even with the brilliant likeness on the EB sculpt, I'd trade that for the smirk and decent likeness of the DX 11 simply because the expression on the EB sculpt looks too serious and borderline dull.

Honestly I feel like ever since the BR Joker, HT has gotten close to perfect with every single Joker head sculpt they've made. That said, I prefer the DX 11 the most simply because of how much personality it has. Heath's Joker was so lively in the film (having watched it recently again, his expressions were so dynamic), and I just find most of the other HS to be lifeless in comparison to the DX 11's smirk. Even with the brilliant likeness on the EB sculpt, I'd trade that for the smirk and decent likeness of the DX 11 simply because the expression on the EB sculpt looks too serious and borderline dull.

:goodpost:

:exactly:

I could not agree more! :1-1:

Between the laughing sculpt and the PERs sculpt, the PERs is a stronger resemblance the Ledger (IMHO). But I'll probably display this with the laughing sculpt because it captures the character better.

I'm unexpectedly getting a second set, so I will be selling off parts in sales thread tomorrow, should anyone be interested, I don't fancy the hassle of eBay, I will check what the going rate for everything and mark it down considerably.

I'm unexpectedly getting a second set, so I will be selling off parts in sales thread tomorrow, should anyone be interested, I don't fancy the hassle of eBay, I will check what the going rate for everything and mark it down considerably.

Are you getting a second VIP set? How come this is unexpected? What suddenly happened if you do not mind me asking?

Would you sell the Grumpy mask? It's too expensive on ebay.

Was going to ask the same questions. The exclusive items are too expensive on ebay, just like the complete DX11 set...

i may have an extra set of exclusive pieces (detonator & mask) as i have a second on order and don't need them. also a laughing sculpt.

If you decide you don't want any of the clothes, let me know. I want to work on a project that will use a lot of the outfit, but I don't want to pay ebay prices in case I screw 'em up. :)

:rotfl

Smart move, ebay prices are just way too expensive to spend on those things for modding purposes. :(

If you decide you don't want any of the clothes, let me know. I want to work on a project that will use a lot of the outfit, but I don't want to pay ebay prices in case I screw 'em up. :)

Gonna mod this guy up after all! :hi5:

Back