Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imma take the coat, cut it up at it's seams, see how it was put together, use the pieces as a template and go have someone fashion me one out of better fabric for a couple of bucks.

Messes up the balance I have going.

Romero Joker ain't iconic enough. I don't hate him but, eh, I've never really cared for the Joker from the 60s show. He's an annoying ****er.

I like the Frank Gorshin Riddler way better. I've always seen him as Batman and Robin's arch nemesis from the television series. He's my favorite villain from that show. If I included him in there, he'd mess up what I'm going for, wouldn't he?

And besides, I was born after the television series. I love the Adam West Batman, appreciate it, dig the shows, but it was only "my" Batman through reruns and VHS. 80s to the 2000s is my thing.

:huh:

Other than the bathrobe coat debate what other negativity is there? I have only seen two complaints saying they do not like the figure on here.

What other negativity do you need? The sculpts and coat are enough. I think it looks great. Can't wait.

Imma take the coat, cut it up at it's seams, see how it was put together, use the pieces as a template and go have someone fashion me one out of better fabric for a couple of bucks.

Let us know if/when you do this. You might have some interest in going in on that.

My detailed run down:

-everything screams quality

-The Clothing: is tailored wonderfully, every last bit. the fit is excellent in every way. the overcoat is not baggy like some feared. My DX came out of the box PERFECTLY futzed. I was amazed. The tie and shirt collar are things to behold coming from other suited figures.

-the jacket: IS a bit furry. not pimp daddy level, but yeah its there. you have to be closer to notice, but in some areas it's very noticeable, particularly the shoulders and lapels. it is also going to be a dust magnet, especially larger pieces of lint and fiber.i put him down on my bed for a minute and he picked up a lot of fibers from just that. going to need to wash and dry your hands with microfiber cloth everytime you want to futz the thing.

the fit, the drape and cut however are top notch, including the shoulders. those are non-issues. it is maybe slightly heavier than the DX01 coat but not as heavy as some might be assuming. the sleeve ends ARE flared. The shoulders don't come as horizontally boxy as the prototype but they do remain straight and flat, not crumply like Dx01. the lapels are kept in place by tiny magnets and they are strong and 'click' right into place. I wish they went this route for the vest because it's the same old snaps and i'm never going to open them again, they just feel way too frail. as for the coat, even the manual tells you to not rub the material or expose it to certain chemicals. when hot toys bothers to tells you something is delicate, you know they mean it. the coat is extremely soft. for those wanting to weather the coat, you might want to think twice about it and make sure the materials you plan to use don't contain the chemicals listed. also, thanks to the cut of the suit, no cutting or modding of the inner coat will be needed imo. overall the material may bother some but there's no doubt in the high, above-standard quality and cut of said material.

edit: the purple of the coat photographs badly. No offense to OMG's photos but i think this is an overall issue with the purple. the color is far more like jack's joker and more screen accurate imo. the pictures of this guy so far make the coat look like a weird violet purple with a sort of berry/blue tint to it. this is not the case in hand and in basic room lighting.

-PERS sculpt: is amazing. Microdots or whatever for me are impossible to see even when I'm looking at it up close. I can't see any on mine at all and I've strained to try. It's just too small to discern with the naked eye, at least mine. if this is the future of Hot Toys paint apps, then I welcome it with open arms. the difference that is so clear in some of the zoomed pics between the eyebrow paint and the under eye 'drip' is very difficult to see or notice in hand. the PERS system is disguised extremely well. took me a while to figure out how to access it!

-Laughing sculpt is better than expected. remember the figure exists in 3 dimensions in hand. in hand things are always different since it's actually...well there in front of you and not a static fixed image. i wasnt excited about this sculpt and now i am. one odd thing is that it is a bit...glossy. glossy in a way that the PERS sculpt isn't. not a problem but odd.

-Accessories: are top notch. the dio is really cool, lots of love put into it. maybe the picture used is a bit low resolution but the quality of it overall, the thickness, the way it fits together with velcro, the 'mirror' like material put into the sides, all of it is excellent. not just a glorified piece of cardboard stuck inside.

-the table and chair: do not feel like cheap plastic after thoughts. they're solid, sturdy, come with faux velvet bottoms to avoid scratching any surface you display them on and even the lamp is die cast metal and magnetic.

that's all i gotta say for now, any questions feel free to ask. overall i'm pretty overwhelmed by the figure, but the coat will be divisive for people still even though i think it will win over a good amount of those on the fence about it once they have it in hand.

:goodpost: :clap

i don't really mind the gloss on the laughing scuplt. if this is the interrogation scene, he's pretty dang sweaty and shiny.

Messes up the balance I have going.

Romero Joker ain't iconic enough. I don't hate him but, eh, I've never really cared for the Joker from the 60s show. He's an annoying ****er.

I like the Frank Gorshin Riddler way better. I've always seen him as Batman and Robin's arch nemesis from the television series. He's my favorite villain from that show. If I included him in there, he'd mess up what I'm going for, wouldn't he?

And besides, I was born after the television series. I love the Adam West Batman, appreciate it, dig the shows, but it was only "my" Batman through reruns and VHS. 80s to the 2000s is my thing.

Yeah, I just think that the "DiFabio" would look awesome in the classic "Batman" logo.:lol

batman%2B1960s%2BTV%2Blogo.jpg

i don't really mind the gloss on the laughing scuplt. if this is the interrogation scene, he's pretty dang sweaty and shiny.

I think that's what they were going for. it's not excessive by any means, just under certain angles of lighting, it is noticeable. it comes across more like sweat rather than a lacquered head. likeness is great from certain angles, questionable from others. overall really interesting sculpt.

I'm excited to see how opinions will go regarding the coat once the figure is in hand. I think if you've already made up your mind like DiFabio and are planning on mods, no matter how subtle the texture on the coat really is, you won't be happy.

About two and half to three feet away, you can't see the texture at all but up close you can make it out. It's not a bath robe, people are exaggerating based on pictures, but it does have an odd texture and if you already see teh fluffy then you won't unsee it or ever be happy with the coat. That's for sure. If you're on the fence, you'll be okay with it at the worst and pleasantly surprised with it at the best. if you already don't mind or even like the coat, you'll be absolutely satisfied with the way it turned out.

So, basically the pictures have been giving us an accurate idea of what the coat will look like?

It REALLY looks good, but the material they choose for the overcoat has an odd "fury look" that bothers the hell out of me and looks wrong. The over coat in the film looks like a wool blend. They should have used a material like Timewalker used for its WWI fig which looks to scale and like 1/6 wool.
Heres a pic of how Time walker uniform. It looks like wool should look on a 1/6 coat, not that odd furry look
liege-figure-caltek-09.jpg

Aside from the coat lapels having slightly rounded points in a few production photos the coat looks like what's on page one of this thread.

first video Ive seen on youtube of this figure

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrS1mTnHMxA[/ame]

Crappy phone pic, incoming!

tumblr_mgma8yjv0O1rbo8kbo1_1280.jpg

once again, this is NOT the shade of purple in hand. It's actually quite weird how completely wrong the color comes out in a photo.

Thats a great pic for me.The one thing that bugged me about the coat,was how it flared out around the hips, here it sits perfect. Its going to be a tough wait untill my uk seller gets his stock, especially when more pics and vids go up.

What is on the reverse side of the dio?. I still haven't seen anyone mention it, apart from the interrogation room.

Thats a great pic for me.The one thing that bugged me about the coat,was how it flared out around the hips, here it sits perfect. Its going to be a tough wait untill my uk seller gets his stock, especially when more pics and vids go up.

What is on the reverse side of the dio?. I still haven't seen anyone mention it, apart from the interrogation room.

It's black. There is no other side. It is not reversible.

Back