Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haytil did get the joke. :lol

DiFabio, Asian and Tom Cruise are all synonymous with racism.

This is Kato designed and giving input. :lecture

What materials to use, the exact tailoring measurments, but its not hand made by him.

The specs are given to the factory which churns them out.

So... its kinda like the worlds greatest chef, giving his recipe to some company to mass produce it in a factory.

Will it taste as good as from the chef? NO.
But this factory has a good reputation of pumping out high consistency.

For the owners that have Kato clothes, they can definetly tell the difference. For the collectors that can't compare, they won't be able to tell the difference anyways, cause its still better then the DX01. No comparison no complaints. As long as the 2.0 owners don't brag they have Kato clothes, the real owners won't rip them to shreds. The peace will be kept. :hi5:

You missed my point. They actually have a recipe this time. Will it be as good as Katos hand made stuff? No, But It'll be well better than Version 1.0 and DX01. Thats for sure.

Remember how nice the clothes were on the proto for the v1.

5DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

11DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

Interested to see how much changes from initial pics to in hand pics.

I know, it looks great. Same goes for the Two-Face/Harvey Dent suit. The proto was awesome.

Last edited:
I cant wait for this joker and bat ...Must be easy for all you batfreaks that already have 3 or 4 jokers and a couple bats already..ha ha........

Yeah, I'm sorry but that first headsculpt was just inexplicable. Yes, maybe they didn't have much in the way of movie referance but there were surely photographs of Heath Ledger they could have looked at, made up the scars and painted in clown makeup..the fact that the sculpt doesn't look in the least bit like Ledger suggests they for some reason didn't even do that.

yes, perfect description, doesn't even look human.:dunno

yes, perfect description, doesn't even look human.:dunno

Its funny, for collectors at the time, it was still the better option, and when you have nothing for comparison... after a while it looked acceptable.

I remember looking at the pics.. and it looked off.. and this was BEFORE the movie was released. Then... after looking at it for awhile, I began to accept it. I think alot of collectors did. But you had to be there at that time to understand,

Then BR came out, and that blew this outta the tank, and everyone was happy to get that as well since it had 2 headsculpts. It made the Ver.1 relevant because of the clothes, and at least for me, it felt HT was appologizing for the first sculpt so they gave us 2 to replace the first one.

Then DX01 came.. and that stepped over a line of double dipping, and DX11 is just triple dipping. I feel sorry for the ppl that bought DX1 for rediculous second hand prices only to have this version come out. At least if this didnt come out, the second hand prices would have been SORTA worthed it.

Yeah, I still remember how excited I was opening the box.
It was a form of mass hysteria I now believe...

Mind you, their new Wolverine is almost as bad..:lol

Terrible figure but everyone ate it up 4 years ago. :lol

Yeah, I still remember how excited I was opening the box.
It was a form of mass hysteria I now believe...

It was nice figure at the time. People reacted to it the way they react to today's figures... and they will also get bashed, you know, once someone shows off some custom they created or HT decides to 'surprise' us with another version. :lol

When I saw that Joker, I simply moved on and continued not caring about Hot Toys. When I saw the BR Joker, that's when I decided to follow what the company was producing and dream of one day being able to collect.

When I saw that Joker, I simply moved on and continued not caring about Hot Toys. When I saw the BR Joker, that's when I decided to follow what the company was producing and dream of one day being able to collect.

I think the BRJ changed the game in a big way.
Brought me to this hobby and I know many others as well.

I think the BRJ changed the game in a big way.
Brought me to this hobby and I know many others as well.
:exactly:

BRJ (& T2 Arnold) were the first 12" figures to truly enchant me. Until then, I had no interest in acquiring anything in that scale. I remember seeing the initial spec pics & thinking, "..no way, is that level of brilliance.. POSSIBLE??!" :lol :rock

It's still a fave, & I suspect that it always will be, to be honest. :lecture

Last edited:
:exactly: --> That's me right here, I can tell you!

BRJ (& T2 Arnold) was the reason I started collecting HT figures. I remember seeing the initial spec pics & thinking, "..no way, is that level of brilliance.. POSSIBLE??!"

:lol :rock

And while Joker gets noticeably improved upon with the new release, T2 Arnold...ermm...does not.

Back