Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn you Joe!!!
biden-cries-like-sissy-baby.jpg

There's a very eerie look to these photos with that creepy smile. Reminds me that film with the dolls.

<object width="500" height="306"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/rQVsCcr-Lfo?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/rQVsCcr-Lfo?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="306"></embed></object>

Ther PERS system on my Joker up and broke last night. Is this a common issue and has anyone had any luck getting Hot Toys to send them a replacement head? After taking it apart to assess the damage the shoddy construction leaves me wondering how anyone's would remain unbroken unless they never used it.

^ I've honestly never had any trouble with the PERS on mine... if anything it's really smooth and I do tend to move the eyes quite often.
Perhaps some may be weaker than others in their construction?

Probably a crap shoot. I've had 3 Joker PERS heads in my possession, played around with each, and none of them broke. The eyes may not have been perfectly centered, but I'm pretty sure they were all that way before I started messing around with it.

From what I can gather, the right eye was far, far tighter in the socket than the left; so the frame that connects to the two eyes busted completely off the right eye. This isn't something someone would be able to realize until it was too late though, as the eyes move dependent of one another so it'd be impossible to realize one was too tight. Hot Toys should have either used a metal frame to connect the eyes, or ensured both eyes fit loosely in the sockets so as not to require much force to turn.

I am sure HT learned form the design flaw and hence the DX02 PERS was much easier to move

Sorry guys, but making excuses for Hot Toys faulty assembly isn't very helpful. Doesn't matter if it was their first PERS figure or that they improved it in later figures; it wouldn't take an engineering major to realize the cheap plastic frame they used to hold the eyes together was bound to snap.

Has anyone successfully removed the eyes from the sockets, and if so how without damaging them? I'd like to try gluing it but can't without removing the eyes first.

My PERS is still okay, but I long ago decided that if they broke I'd be okay with that. Others have said that you can move each eye independently which mean that you then have the Enterbay system.

This has advantages: 1) you can pose them straight if the PERS was off a little. 2) You can do crazy crossed positions. I know of at least one member here that broke his INTENTIONALY for that very reason.

To sum up: It sucks that your PERS broke because your DX01 will never be "mint" again. However as long as you can still move the eyes independently I doubt it will much effect the value of the figure and you should still be able to get the same enjoyment out of your figure. :)

Hope that helps. :peace

Ther PERS system on my Joker up and broke last night. Is this a common issue and has anyone had any luck getting Hot Toys to send them a replacement head? After taking it apart to assess the damage the shoddy construction leaves me wondering how anyone's would remain unbroken unless they never used it.

Yeah man send them a picture and your receipt. Theyre more than wiling to exchange your head for you. Had mine exchanged, no questions asked.

How long ago did you get yours swapped?

I woud think they don't have any more to swap now. :dunno

It took about 2 months. It was pretty nerve wrecking sending my broken head to hong kong. All I had was a DC# on it. U should be ok though.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. What was the approximate date that they agreed to make the swap? When did you send the head?

Back