Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, it's liche purple by games workshop.
Thanks monkeyrobot btw, he was the one that shared that info about a good paint to use on the trenchcoat.

Just got back from lunch and decided to take a couple more pics :)

2gwglt5.jpg

2l8dwjt.jpg

vgzee.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That's the DX Jacket? Looks fantastic!

How exactly do you paint fabric without it turning all hard and crusty?i

I started with just drybrushing at first. Still wasnt satisfied with the color though.
so what I did was dip the brush on paint then dip it in water, brush it a couple of times on napkin, then paint the trenchcoat. So its not quite drybrushing, but it does use a lot of paint as everytime I paint the coat, I dip in paint then water. so that's why I almost emptied the whole bottle. Though the bottle was kinda small anyway.

It did turn the coat slightly harder but that's only if you touch it. Appearance wise, it looks much like in the picture, it doesnt look like its dry at all. It wasnt crustly at all and its still futzable (is that a word?). In fact, to make the coat look trimmer, I grabbed it from the back, folded the excess material so it hugged the body and used a needle to hold it in place.

Last edited:
I started with just drybrushing at first. Still wasnt satisfied with the color though.
so what I did was dip the brush on paint then dip it in water, brush it a couple of times on napkin, then paint the trenchcoat. So its not quite drybrushing, but it does use a lot of paint as everytime I paint the coat, I dip in paint then water. so that's why I almost emptied the whole bottle. Though the bottle was kinda small anyway.

It did turn the coat slightly harder but that's only if you touch it. Appearance wise, it looks much like in the picture, it doesnt look like its dry at all. It wasnt crustly at all and its still futzable (is that a word?). In fact, to make the coat look trimmer, I grabbed it from the back, folded the excess material so it hugged the body and used a needle to hold it in place.

Ah, no wonder I almost didn't recognize it as the DX coat.

I've done that with other 1/6 clothes. I may have to try it on him.

Did you also take out the grenade rig?

Lol, it's liche purple by games workshop.
Thanks monkeyrobot btw, he was the one that shared that info about a good paint to use on the trenchcoat.

Just got back from lunch and decided to take a couple more pics :)

2gwglt5.jpg

How did you get the cowl to be so flush to his shoulders? Mine either has a gap in the front or the back depending on the direction the head is tilted.

Thx pennyworth, looking forward to see your mod.

@ dominishin, I have his cowl tilted to the front real low so he's basically looking down. The gap on mine is at the back but is easily futz if youre using lance's velvet cape. The cape is really long so I futz it at the back to fill the gap. An easy way to futz it is to grab it in the middle and make a fold where the cowl makes a "V". Just grab that fold and lift it until you no longer see the gaps.

here's how it looks at the back.

bduwio.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, first and formost, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I know this has been said before and I think nail polish is the answer, but my TT's joints are getting a little loose in the "armpit" area as well as the "crotch" areas so is there any way to tighten up the joints? If so, how? And please be a tad more descriptive than to say "just use a little ____"

Thanks!!

Hey guys, first and formost, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I know this has been said before and I think nail polish is the answer, but my TT's joints are getting a little loose in the "armpit" area as well as the "crotch" areas so is there any way to tighten up the joints? If so, how? And please be a tad more descriptive than to say "just use a little ____"

Thanks!!

You could always try tightening the screws. :huh

Back