Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello! new member, and after frequenting these boards for the last few months finally decided to join. i received the dx01 joker a few days ago and am in aw of this beautiful piece of artwork. i highly recommend adding this to anyones collection, as many of you have already said. this is the first hot toys product that i have ever received, i have the dx batman on pre-order, and had a quick question as i am still new to the hot toys world. i purchased the batman through urbancollector and was wondering if any of you have had any experience with them and how reputable they are? i wish i had a camera to show off the figure, maybe a little convincing and my girlfriend will for me.lol these forums seem like it has a great community and i look forward to posting more!

hello! new member, and after frequenting these boards for the last few months finally decided to join. i received the dx01 joker a few days ago and am in aw of this beautiful piece of artwork. i highly recommend adding this to anyones collection, as many of you have already said. this is the first hot toys product that i have ever received, i have the dx batman on pre-order, and had a quick question as i am still new to the hot toys world. i purchased the batman through urbancollector and was wondering if any of you have had any experience with them and how reputable they are? i wish i had a camera to show off the figure, maybe a little convincing and my girlfriend will for me.lol these forums seem like it has a great community and i look forward to posting more!

I bought most of my Dark Knight Hottoys stuff through Urbancollector... I also have the DX 02 ordered with them as well dont worry they havent let me down yet...

I disagree. Granted, they weren't baggy like some M.C. Hammer pants but The Joker's pants in TDK are nowhere near as tight as the DX pants.

That, and what bothered me more was the pinstriping, it's there in the movie, but not as brightly as the DX pants, they're much more subtle on the v1 pants.

That, and what bothered me more was the pinstriping, it's there in the movie, but not as brightly as the DX pants, they're much more subtle on the v1 pants.

Yeah even with the promo photos (which are brightly lit) the pin stripes aren't as bright as the DX pants.

dk08hl0012sa9.jpg

I still prefer the overall quality of the DX pants to the v1 version but aesthetically.. I like the latter more (which is why I have those on my DX Joker).

awesome, that's great to hear! i'm really looking forward to seeing these figures side by side!

I wouldn't have spent extra money to get the v1 pants, but since I already had the v1 figure, I just opted to make my DX be my core clown Joker figure in my collection with all the best parts between custom clothes and the various HT figures and put the spare parts on the v1 for use with the BR head and custom heads.

Those DX pants bothered me so much I spent the extra money. :lol

But EdwardNygma gave me a good price and shipped them out fast so for me, it was worth it. Same reason I bought an extra DX stand. That's also the same reason I passed on those custom Joker ties; the cost + s&h would've been more than what I paid for the v1 pants AND an extra DX Joker stand.

I was more after the custom shirt than tie but since with Billy it was a package deal I was fine with it, I wouldn't replace just a tie, especially the DX one, it's tolerable compared to the v1 tie, but the HT shirts don't work for me.

Yeah that also made me happy that I passed. :lol

Your comment in the past is proving well when it comes to customs these days here.

It's more so amusing when the creator throws a hissy fit because he has disgruntled customers.

Let's tryand stay focused, things get bad enough in dedicated threads, we don't need to taint other threads with it.

I was more after the custom shirt than tie but since with Billy it was a package deal I was fine with it

Yeah, a shame he's no longer making them anymore though.

I wouldn't replace just a tie, especially the DX one, it's tolerable compared to the v1 tie, but the HT shirts don't work for me.

Yeah though I have to admit both shirt and tie bugged me so much. Luckily I just got my second billyb shirt and tie through another member. \o/

Let's tryand stay focused, things get bad enough in dedicated threads, we don't need to taint other threads with it.

It's hard with so much negative stuff these days not to discuss something.

I must say comparing the DX head with the BR head I prefer the older one. The hair on the DX version just seems way off to me, although I don't own it so I'm just judging by the pics.

I must say comparing the DX head with the BR head I prefer the older one.

I really like the messy one but it's nice to have the best of both. One clean one messy. Overall I agree. I'm still really fond of the Bank Robber head.

dscf9603.jpg

dscf9609.jpg

Back