Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree.. even the Joker's "clean" make-up was messy. I'd be happier with something like this:

mrjmod.jpg

Eh. The only thing that drives me nuts on all of these Jokers is that his hair was never that green it always had a good amount of blonde in it.

Trouble is, all of his hair isn't that green, but like 6 inches or so at the tips are. It's like a 3 tone transition. Blonde at the roots, green at the tips and a brown tone in between.

Right, either way all the licensed product? All green. Almost all customs? All green. I was hoping that with the DX version they'd get that right but its a small knitpick really.

Even though it's not film accurrate to be all green, I'll take it over a bad attempt at an accurrate blend. Granted HT's got good production paint, but I've never seen a figure have hair like Joker's, it's usually 1 tone with highlights and shadows, not much of a transition. Without precedent, I just don't feel comfort in the exectution. It'd be nice if it wasn't so olive a green as BR head came out though.

Why can't HT produce different kind of expression for the Joker? Instead of the determined, serious look,they should have gone with the smilling or witty look...Like what the Joker says..."Why so serious?" :naughty

Why can't HT produce different kind of expression for the Joker? Instead of the determined, serious look,they should have gone with the smilling or witty look...Like what the Joker says..."Why so serious?" :naughty

I too was hoping for something with a smile but whattaya gonna do.

I too was hoping for something with a smile but whattaya gonna do.

Another missed opportunity there. Hopefully the guys from HotToys take into account the comments made here, and make a new sculpt for the Batman DX (if any) instead of the same look, hopefully a better cowl for batman begins :rolleyes:

Another missed opportunity there. Hopefully the guys from HotToys take into account the comments made here, and make a new sculpt for the Batman DX (if any) instead of the same look, hopefully a better cowl for batman begins :rolleyes:

I personally think they just need to be done with the license and move on to something new. I realize its a cash cow, but still they're more creative then just remaking stuff.

Same here! be gone with TDK!, let in some Keaton Batman's and Reeve Superman!.

Nah I wouldn't call it a missed opportunity, its all about the movable eyes anyway.

I personally think they just need to be done with the license and move on to something new. I realize its a cash cow, but still they're more creative then just remaking stuff.

Ding ding ding, exactly! I want to see an extensive line from both Terminator and T2.

THIS PRICING IS FOR THE HOT TOYS VERSION WE WILL BE OFFERING THE DC DIRECT VERSION AT A LOWER PRICE IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE

TARGET SHIP DATE IS JULY 2009 WITH THE DC VERSION SHIPPING IN THE FALL!!

And the official specs from HT state the same:

Release date: End Q2 – Early Q3, 2009

End Q2 = June
Early Q3 = July

The DC Version is the one coming out around September or so. I have a pre-order for the HT shipment.

ah ok, mine must be coming then too, i got the HT shipment. perhaps goodshipped is mininformed :p Didn't know Joe is getting the early ones too, would've gone with him

Hi Jonathan,

Great to hear that you received the replacement! J

Please let them know that is NOT a slim ver figure body, but an improved True-type body.

Hope this help!

Thanks and have a happy Easter holiday ahead!

Regards,
Germaine

Look what email I just received from Hot Toys customer service after I asked a question...

what do they mean by 'improved' however? What is done to it, that it isnt a regular true type. maybe perhaps still a slimmer version, but not exactly the slim body perse'

Or not slim at all, normal proportions, but maybe better height, narrower shoulders.

Body mass hasn't been an issue with the TT it's the broadness of the shoulders and massive height some figures have.

Back