Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for all the kind comments guys, but the camera is doing most of the work lol. i've already repainted it again and im pretty happy with the results now though i still want to make a few tweaks around the eyes.

maglor- yeah i gotcha, i was being dumb for a second, the lighting in my kitchen is a lot better as well so ill snap some pics later!

void- thanks! i decided to paint this up because i wanted to see which head sculpt i wanted on the kato set. so far im leaning towards the smiling joker head that came in the bank robber set (with a monkey hair mod and a repaint)

nygma- if you have a HT officer ledger head you want to swap with me, sure you can have it

void- thanks! i decided to paint this up because i wanted to see which head sculpt i wanted on the kato set. so far im leaning towards the smiling joker head that came in the bank robber set (with a monkey hair mod and a repaint)

nygma- if you have a HT officer ledger head you want to swap with me, sure you can have it

The smiling joker with a monkey mod should look pretty good!

Nygma - wow you have some serious luck, what is this the 3rd time someone is offering you something like this? Don't blow it!

the PERS on my joker just broke :( can anyone tell me if HT are giving replacements for it? I tried going on their webpage to contact them, but firefox wont let me because it says its an attack site. any help would be really appreciated, I know others have had him break but Im not sure what has ever been done for them...

There is someone on this thread whom had theirs replaced by Hot Toys.

Okay my birthday is tomorrow and I have a choice, either get the DX01 joker or an I-Pad with 3G access. What should i do?!

Tough call. You can't listen to music on the DX Joker tho...

Unless you need the iPad, get the joker. That's a collectible figure, and will be of more value in years to come, whereas the iPad will look ancient in 5 years.:lecture

Happy birthday, btw!

Okay my birthday is tomorrow and I have a choice, either get the DX01 joker or an I-Pad with 3G access. What should i do?!

Do you own any other Hot Toys Joker figures?

As I stated in the other thread that posed the same question. I'd go with the Hot Toys Bank Robber Joker if you don't have it, maybe a V1 if you want his regular clothes. They're less expensive and a better value. Having each version, I swear to you'd have more fun with those than the MMS DX.

I don't know how you're obtaining it, but if it's ebay, I have plenty of auctions I could send you that have reasonably priced V1s and Bank Robbers.

Yep, I love my DX Jokers too but...

300+ dollars is just way too expensive any way you cut it. Even if you have the means, it's still too much. I own two and I think they both cost me a little less than 300 dollars for both. It would be ridiculous to give into the current market prices for basically ONE figure. If you count it as two, you're looking at about and additional $50 dollars. Ouch.

My first one was like, 170 dollars give or take if I remember correctly. A few weeks later I had this urge to seek out another and boy am I glad I did. It was when the prices were dipping slightly and I got it on ebay for around $140 shipped. Obviously quite a bargain when compared to the prices now. Then afterwards as we all know, the price on it skyrocketed.

If I missed the boat and wanted one at the current prices, I'd probably have to pass. There's just no way that DX set equates to such an insane price.

Anyway, SSC EX Hunter I highly recommend you go for a Bank Robber/V1 combo instead of just the DX figures.

Items may vary but for around $230 dollars for the V1 and Bank Robber Joker you could have,

- 2 unique figures (one regular, one bank robber)
- 3 heads (one crappy one, a fantastic headsculpt, and a unique one)
- More accessories
- 2 display stands
- An exclusive machine gun as well as Jokeresque accessories
- a more interesting bank robber option

etc.

For $300+ with the DX, all you get is

- 2 "figures" (in quotations because you have to buy an additional True Type if you want the Cop option. So if you don't, it's just 1 figure)
- not as many accessories as the above figure combination
- 1 stand

That's it. The DX Joker might have the grenade rig, PERS and a few other goodies but trust me, the BR/V1 combo, or maybe just the BR figure itself is more bang for your buck.

I would personally suggest buying what you ultimately want. I've always been more into quality vs quantity.

I do agree that buying the 2 version of jokers may be good for some people who likes to collect an assortment of figures, but if you're selective on your selection, the issue is out of the 3 figures, the best one is the dx. And the problem with that is after you buy the 2, you may eventually still want the dx as it is the best hot toys incarnation of the figure. So now you may end up spending more. I personally only like to collect 1 version and the only exception I made was getting the dx bats after I owned OC bats.

I would personally suggest buying what you ultimately want. I've always been more into quality vs quantity.

I do agree that buying the 2 version of jokers may be good for some people who likes to collect an assortment of figures, but if you're selective on your selection, the issue is out of the 3 figures, the best one is the dx. And the problem with that is after you buy the 2, you may eventually still want the dx as it is the best hot toys incarnation of the figure. So now you may end up spending more. I personally only like to collect 1 version and the only exception I made was getting the dx bats after I owned OC bats.

:lecture

Agree completely

Well, I believe in quality vs. quantity but how much better is the DX compared to both V1 and Bank Robber versions?

Not much. Especially when one is $300 and the other two can be had for less than $130. There's a HUGE difference.

Yeah, the DX has an improved suit (the suspender pants, better coat etc.) but it's not SIGNIFICANTLY better. The headsculpt is lacking on the V1, that's obvious but throw the Bank Robber head on it and it makes it a much better figure.

It's not so much quality vs. quantity as it is value. With those two releases you get more bang for your buck, quality Hot Toys figures and some kick ass sculpts (Bank Robber heads).

Couldn't have worded it any better myself, so I figured I'd quote Remy here.
If I could only have 1 Joker, it would have to be the DX. Of course, that's just my collecting preferences, so I'm certainly not trying to speak for everyone else.

The BR sculpt is better than the DX sculpt. Something I've only recently been willing to admit.

Back