Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot toys dx joker !?!?! ...

:lol:rotfl:lol "100% complete" is what he says (and it is). Nowhere in that auction does he say "100% mint." And the "he changed it" excuse won't fly either. Last auction update was the 20th. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills. :monkey1

How is it 100% complete if it is missing stuff?

Okay, you're right. I get pissed off over politics and people snatching my parking space. This I just found annoying because I see it happening more and more. The "value" of an item isn't in what people try to charge for it, but what people will pay for it. The past several dx jokers on ebay that sold went for between $270 and $280. While all the "buy it now" jokers at $380 to $500 have been languishing there for, in some cases, months. So you'd think that at that price you'd be purchasing a fig that's at least complete and near mint.

Regardless, you're right, I certainly don't have to buy it. I just wanted to hear other opinions on sales like these.

Hey Evilface, I'm a little out of touch, what does "WFAF" stand for?

Nothing wrong with it making you mad.

I'm pretty sure EvilFace meant to type "WGAF" rather than "WFAF", but the g and f keys are close together.

WGAF means "who gives a _____"

Er...my reading skills are fine. Check that auction a little more closely, mate.

Cheers.

:lol:rotfl:lol "100% complete" is what he says (and it is). Nowhere in that auction does he say "100% mint." And the "he changed it" excuse won't fly either. Last auction update was the 20th. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills. :monkey1

Ah, yes I do mate, because he specifically states that the pers head is BROKEN, or did you miss that too? Hence, it's not mint. And there is no argument. I just wanted to hear what other people's opinions might be. Go argue with someone else.

I'll give you the 100% complete, but how do you know what's there isn't mint? You don't. And that was your argument.

Ah, yes I do mate, because he specifically states that the pers head is BROKEN, or did you miss that too? Hence, it's not mint. And there is no argument. I just wanted to hear what other people's opinions might be. Go argue with someone else.

There's full disclosure in the item description. I just think you're crying about it because you can't afford it. It's no business of yours if he wanted to sell it for $1k. Sure we'd all laugh, but it's his toy. He can sell it for however much he wants and there's really no point in you getting all butthurt over his listing price. :dunno

Ha ha ha! Well said. So not having proven it's complete, and being proven wrong that it's mint, you now resort to saying I "can't afford it" and that I'm "butthurt". Well, I've certainly been put in my place. I'll mention nothing more about it. Consider the last word yours.

Cheers! :wave

.....oh who am I kidding. Guy like you is probably getting all worked up reading this, and is already thinking up some scathing comment to leave. Go ahead, but I'm not biting.

There's full disclosure in the item description. I just think you're crying about it because you can't afford it. It's no business of yours if he wanted to sell it for $1k. Sure we'd all laugh, but it's his toy. He can sell it for however much he wants and there's really no point in you getting all butthurt over his listing price. :dunno

Ha ha ha! Well said. So not having proven it's complete, and being proven wrong that it's mint, you now resort to saying I "can't afford it" and that I'm "butthurt". Well, I've certainly been put in my place. I'll mention nothing more about it.

Cheers! :wave

You haven't proven anything. Where does he say it's mint? That is where your whole tittybaby rant fails. :exactly:

Technically, the seller is correct in saying that it is 100% complete. It reads that it is missing the "1/6 money", but if I remember correctly, the DX Joker never included 1/6 money. That was only in the Bank Robber release, right?

"Tittybaby"? You've got some anger issues to work out, mate. Be chill.

:lol:rotfl:lol Trying to avoid the question, I see. You ranted about being butthurt that he said it was 100% mint. I'm simply asking where it states that it's "MINT" in the auction. Is that too difficult for you to answer? :huh

Now this really pisses me off. This guys trying to get double the original price for a broken figure that's missing accessories. He's keeps repeating that it's 100% mint except this and that, but it's still 100%!

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-Joker-DX-TDK-Batman-1-6-figure-DX-01-/280592448269?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41549cfb0d

I get it. There's still value in a figure that's broken or incomplete, but to charge double the price is just greedy. People really misunderstand how this works. You can ask more for a figure that is truly mint, but not for a damaged/incomplete piece. That's the whole point of keeping these figs in good shape.

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, nowhere in that auction does it read "mint". And like I said in the other DX Joker thread, it is technically complete since it looks like the seller is mistaken about 1/6 money being included in the DX Joker release.

If it does sell, good for him. He gets lucky.

Sure thing, Name. I'm "butthurt", "tittybaby, "too poor" to afford this fig, too dumb to answer your questions, .....and not about to go in yet more circles with some angry dude on a message board. You really spoil places like this for board members who want to chat about figs. I didn't post that auction listing to insult anyone on this board, so what exactly has you so angry? Why can't you enjoy discussing the hobby without getting all nasty? If I recall, you got this way with me months ago when I said neither of my DX bats were leaking. All angry and whatnot because I liked my figs. What exactly is it you're looking for?

If you want to be told you're more intelligent, and clever. You got it. I only started collecting last spring, so I can't profess to know much about 1/6 figures. And no, I don't have the kind of money to buy more than a figure or two a month (which means I don't have many). I only like coming to these boards to share with collectors, because my friends think collecting figs is silly. And maybe it is, but I'm a pretty silly dude, so I don't mind. I dig that you like figs too. So be cool, and chill with the name calling. So there it is.

Yours truly, and butthurt,

Rory

Back