Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, whatever the case, he gets direct from HT and you don't have to wait 4 more months for DCD in the states or pay eBay prices.

I must take this opportunity to clear things up on Toys2.net. Eric is not a distributor, he is a relative of the actual owner of Hot Toys (Brother in law) Eric is a retailer with special treatment. I know for a fact that he buys from the real Canadian Sideshow/Hot Toys distributor here in Calgary, Alberta.

I confirmed this with the owner (Chinook Hobby West) back in May.

hmm I heard somewhere that toys2.net were official distributors of hot toys ONLY for the military line, but for other lines such as movie masterpiece, you are correct.

Dreaming of what's coming :drool

IMG_5157.JPG

IMG_5167.JPG

Excellent looking figure! Not digging the hair on the joker headsculpt though. It looks kind of toyish IMO.

I must take this opportunity to clear things up on Toys2.net. Eric is not a distributor, he is a relative of the actual owner of Hot Toys (Brother in law) Eric is a retailer with special treatment. I know for a fact that he buys from the real Canadian Sideshow/Hot Toys distributor here in Calgary, Alberta.

I confirmed this with the owner (Chinook Hobby West) back in May.

you kidding right??? That's so cool :D
I have to get him to get me a visiting pass next time I go back to HK
BTW Eric told me yesterday that this Joker is going to enjoy a box double the size!!! He seemed serious as his next statement was that this "delux" version is going to cost him shipping that is. Was he hinting that he will have to charge me more? :horror

I don't think he can charge more, I think he was referring to eating the difference.

I can't imagine why it would be a double box unless HT was actually gracious enough to inclue a TT for the Cop/Joker figure so we can have 2 full figures out of the set, otherwise, I don't see why they couldn't just use a standard box with the spare costume folded up in a tray, he's not accessory heavy and teh base isn't big at all.

I don't think he can charge more, I think he was referring to eating the difference.

I can't imagine why it would be a double box unless HT was actually gracious enough to inclue a TT for the Cop/Joker figure so we can have 2 full figures out of the set, otherwise, I don't see why they couldn't just use a standard box with the spare costume folded up in a tray, he's not accessory heavy and teh base isn't big at all.

Yeah I am just paranoid but he looked like he was going to have to eat the difference and not choke on it :D
He didn't go into details as to why but I can only hope there is a good reason for it :chew I gotto go in tomorrow and dig some more :monkey3

Hopefully it's justifiable reason and not excessive packaging flash just because it's a DX, bottom line, all you need is snazzy box are, the thing itself doesn't have to be a big deal, most collectors are going to take it out anyway.

Hopefully it's justifiable reason and not excessive packaging flash just because it's a DX, bottom line, all you need is snazzy box are, the thing itself doesn't have to be a big deal, most collectors are going to take it out anyway.

I don't mind a flashy big box for now as I only have so few figures and the tumbler and I am not paying more for it :D

I don't mind a flashy big box for now as I only have so few figures and the tumbler and I am not paying more for it :D

Yes, but suppose this continues and in the future, your dealer doesn't eat shipping costs or you do get costs raised. I don't want to pay more because a flashy box takes more to ship, I just want a solid figure.

I hope they they keep the DX figures to the normal standard package size. My friend is bringing it over to me in New Zealand at the end of the year, I just the box is not to huge and too much hassle for him.

I think I just noticed that the police head is a resculpt of the masked BR head.....amazing what HT can do.

It's really not the same at all, whole different mouth sculpt. Any similiarity is because of Yulli's sculpted it right, every Ledger Joker head should look close, I'm sure they mirrored the mask head for the BR figure for a hairstyle on the cop head for lack of ideas.

Back