Hot Toys MMS AOTC Padme Amidala (Speculation)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys MMS xxx Padme Amidala speculation thread

I'm just curious, is this special for Hot Toys or is it like that with all the action figures made?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

As far as I know only Hot Toys.

Probably because they’re so lifelike.

Interesting, I was under the assumption that Lucasfilm held all rights on character likenesses. Approvals would go through them, not her. Maybe not?

I seriously doubt that 14 year old Portman had the clout prior to Phantom Menace to have George agree to her having final say on what SW products use her likeness. Anything is possible I suppose but that would be highly unusual.

I heard Lucas always got likeness rights. Star Wars was so strong that if you wanted to be in it, you had to relinquish your likeness. Otherwise, Lucas would just hire someone else. I mean, there is a cost to immortality.

That's been my understanding as well with the Tonnika Sisters being the only ones to ever slip through his grasp.

Hot Toys must get approval from the actors themselves.

A few pages back someone mentioned that she wasn't revealed at Comic Con because of licensing issues. I hope that's not the case

IF Portman is the reason this figure is not getting produced with the licensing issues it is a big slap in the face to the fans. To me this sound surprising because recently she has said positive things about her experience in the prequels and how she enjoyed working with George etc....This will make me have distaste for her as a fan. Not to take this topic off track but I love my Anakin Hot Toys and I love that Hayden is so accessible to fans of the prequels I will say it time and again he played a perfect Anakin Skywalker! Fans really should appreciate Hayden

IF Portman is the reason this figure is not getting produced with the licensing issues it is a big slap in the face to the fans. To me this sound surprising because recently she has said positive things about her experience in the prequels and how she enjoyed working with George etc....This will make me have distaste for her as a fan. Not to take this topic off track but I love my Anakin Hot Toys and I love that Hayden is so accessible to fans of the prequels I will say it time and again he played a perfect Anakin Skywalker! Fans really should appreciate Hayden

Honestly, I was just thinking of the worse case scenario there lol. Portman has mentioned Star Wars a lot lately, saying that she enjoyed working in the prequels, praising George Lucas, and even that she would like to play Padmé again even though she died, also that snl rap :rotfl I mean, it's not like they kick her out of that cinematic universe *cough*mcu*cough*. There is some kind of Hot Toys Sideshow live event on friday, perhaps we she finally makes an appearance.

Ps: Totally agree on the Hayden deserving praise, the guy is gold.

"HOT TOYS @ ACGHK 2018
Following next, an array of brand new collectibles from the far far away galaxy awaits ahead! Hot Toys is very pleased to gather the astonishing Star Wars 1/6th scale collectible figures for Star Wars fans to enjoy which includes Han Solo, Chewie, Mimban Stormtrooper, Range Trooper, Mudtrooper and Patrol Trooper from Solo: A Star Wars Story. Fans are treated to the appearance of the newly developed sixth scale collectible figures from the classic Star Wars series featuring Darth Maul with Sith Speeder, Padme Amidala, Princess Leia (Bespin Gown), R2-D2 (Full Accessories), C-3PO, Jango Fett, Airbone Trooper, Commander Cody, 1/4th scale Darth Vader collectible figure and a life-size collectible of the ominous Darth Vader helmet with stunning likeness that is firstly shown in Hong Kong!"

Taken from hot toys page @ https://www.hottoys.com.hk/news.php?newsID=309

They are probably just too busy with the over saturated marvel lineup >_>

That article is from July. Doesn't mean anything about Padme in 2019.

That article is from July. Doesn't mean anything about Padme in 2019.

True, but at least it means they have considered it already and its at least on the table as a possibility rather than just pure speculation.

True, but at least it means they have considered it already and its at least on the table as a possibility rather than just pure speculation.

Man..at this point I bet they have prototypes of every characters of SW from different Saga on their table already.

I do think it is rather bizarre, that we have had so many very minor characters produced and yet two of the major protagonists have been omitted: Qui Gon Jinn and Palme Amidala. Maybe one day. :impatient:

I do think it is rather bizarre, that we have had so many very minor characters produced and yet two of the major protagonists have been omitted: Qui Gon Jinn and Palme Amidala. Maybe one day. :impatient:

Give it time. 20th anniversary is this year, and celebration is a few months away. I'd expect Hot Toys to hold off any more prequel figures until then.

There was that one teaser of a Qui Gon....
They also did this with Dooku before announcing him as a figure.
PD15323275930Aj.jpg

I believe this was the photo, but i think it may have been more obscured before they announced him, but idk.
PD15222065820KU.jpg

I have the feeling HT is in fact holding on to the prequel figures because of the anniversary this year. Hope that's the case and we will see some reveals around the time of the SW celebration or sooner.:pray:

Both Qui Gon and Padme will definitely happen at some points..question is just when?

Padme Genosis white battle outfit, with Padawan Anakin
Qui Gon
General Grievous, ROTS Darth Sidious (red robe with visible Sith eyes)
The Clones

..oh and i would take Jar Jar Bink with little Ani anytime

Padme Genosis white battle outfit, with Padawan Anakin
Qui Gon
General Grievous, ROTS Darth Sidious (red robe with visible Sith eyes)
The Clones

..oh and i would take Jar Jar Bink with little Ani anytime

All good choices, love to see what HT could do with Grievous, even though I’m not really a fan of the character. I want “I Am the Senate” Palpatine as well. And not too get off topic too much, but TPM Padme with the red outfit with the light up red speres would be a spectacular looking figure. I’d be down for pretty much any Padme they decide to make. Whatever the thoughts are on her character, it can’t be denied she had some visually stunning costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back