Hot Toys MMS AOTC Padme Amidala (Speculation)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did everyone just start collection today? it’s a early prototype. wait until JC shows his paint tests. He showed Hulk today and looks amazing. Don’t worry this early on. i’ve been collecting HTs for 13 years and people still seem not to understand this. This was just to show she’s coming soon.

Folks here pretty much not so impressed with this year offerings, and this chubby Padme just conveniently happens to be a scapegoat for the frustration :lol

One of the roughest HT protos I can remember. It could pass for black series at a glance.

Re: Hot Toys MMS xxx Padme Amidala speculation thread

Wow! That's horrid.

Looks like she's cold too.

it looks fine.
636a5707e32f0d98a9bb12718037ef97.jpg

did everyone just start collection today? it’s a early prototype. wait until JC shows his paint tests. He showed Hulk today and looks amazing. Don’t worry this early on. i’ve been collecting HTs for 13 years and people still seem not to understand this. This was just to show she’s coming soon.

Everyone just has to complain honestly. It always happens in Star Wars. This figure is probably 2 years away anyways

7ffdfc3b39a2bf0ce0eafd38061a9952.jpg

Got this from One Sixth Society on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horrible neck joint! Why hot toys? Why? Is it that expensive to develop a proper body without the neck already attached?

Never cared for this version. If they do a Naboo Amidala I am 100% in - esp if the gown lights up.

It's a fairly basic design, while the head joint may be unsightly when visible, on most displays you'll be seeing the front of her face an not notice. I think they did a good job, and this is the first film Padme in 1/6 besides Hasbro.

That above pic is a fantastic likeness, but the neck joint is hideous. Perhaps the poncho can be used to disguise that a bit. They'll get it right by the time of release, not worried about this one.

I don't understand why people are acting like this is a rough prototype, other than to make themselves feel better as they hope for the Episode II Padme figure of their dreams, it looks like a finished figure to me and I highly doubt there's any significant change by the final product. The only figure I know of in recent times to go through a significant tweak from con display to sold product is Palpatine's head.

Hot Toys has never really been good at capturing women's faces. They are always way too soft and while they are somewhat close - I personally don't believe they have ever knocked it out the park.

I don't understand why people are acting like this is a rough prototype, other than to make themselves feel better as they hope for the Episode II Padme figure of their dreams, it looks like a finished figure to me and I highly doubt there's any significant change by the final product. The only figure I know of in recent times to go through a significant tweak from con display to sold product is Palpatine's head.

You’re forgetting the TLJ Luke which was displayed at the con with TFA Luke head. At the end of the day this is all speculative and it is HT we’re talking about. Could change drastically, could stay the same.
In one pic I saw of this Padme I thought it looked fairly decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back