Hot Toys MMS AOTC Padme Amidala (Speculation)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys MMS xxx Padme Amidala speculation thread

Hot Toys could surprise us all and give us a Padme - in labour - with an 'uba uba' mid-wife droid.

;-)

I still believe they will go for a look that hides the joints , shoulder and stomach looks Padme is known for...
This would probably be for the best no matter the outfit they choose because the HT female body is proportioned weird IMO and I don't want the arms to have deteriorating rubber covering the elbows.

A Pre Arena look is my bet, I mean most collectors would be howling about it without the stomach skin, but its pretty good look....
6eae333893db726490fb73092c887826.jpeg

I like that look best. I always liked that "cape" and it's a cool "action fatigues" outfit.

The arena outfit always reminded me of Wilma Deering. I figured it was just an homage to Buck Rogers.

And the “battle damaged” version was an homage to hormones.

08bd8bd125bdd6747961cd91d24f7bed.jpg

And Padme's outfit HAD to be inspired by Wilma (in addition to Leia's Hoth/Bespin look). There are simply too many similarities, from the arm bands to the stitching across the chest. Maybe Lucas wasn't aware of it, but the artist/designer must have known.

Hot Toys could surprise us all and give us a Padme - in labour - with an 'uba uba' mid-wife droid.

;-)

And that's where we get the baby Leia to match the baby Luke that comes with Obi Wan.

Ok heres the scoop....

We will not get a Arena Padme....HT won’t do a stomach exposure figure, simply because its too difficult, expensive and out of their wheelhouse.

A Pre Arena look is my bet, I mean most collectors would be howling about it without the stomach skin, but its pretty good look....
6eae333893db726490fb73092c887826.jpeg

HOWEVER.....

I still believe they will go for a look that hides the joints , shoulder and stomach looks Padme is known for...

I think the most likely candidate is Throne Room ......

After that, possible it would be ......because it would be posable with Anakin.
3d7dd7eb617a72d664aa9015b3df6332.jpeg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I am In for every Padme it just need to have good likeness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that look best. I always liked that "cape" and it's a cool "action fatigues" outfit.

And Padme's outfit HAD to be inspired by Wilma (in addition to Leia's Hoth/Bespin look). There are simply too many similarities, from the arm bands to the stitching across the chest. Maybe Lucas wasn't aware of it, but the artist/designer must have known.

I agree. It may not have been intentional but the similarities are undeniable. Plus the fact that George always said these movies were to be an echo of old science fiction serials like Flash Gordon. It only makes sense that they were also an echo of Buck Rogers which didn’t start in 1979 with that bad tv show someone referenced but much earlier as a space opera, which Lucas also referenced, in the 1928 novella, and subsequently on radio serials and comic strips in newspapers from 1929 to 1932 and later as a movie in 1933.

What are the odds we get Padmé in Naboo Queen Battle Fatigues?

Padme 14.jpg

What are the odds we get Padmé in Naboo Queen Battle Fatigues?

View attachment 422234

This is also a distinct possibility.... it fits the criteria.

The only problem is they really need a look that fits with the already released Anakin.....

Unless “Rat Tail” Anakin is next release....

Having an Episode 1 or 2 Padme really is unfortunate, if she has no one to play with....

This may be the only skin I have in this game thou.....I only want Padme is shes perfect, and only if I can pose her with Sith Anakin choking her (I kid I kid, Disney don’t fire me.....)

But seriously, if I cant pose her with Anakin.....I am not diving into PT at all.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Ok heres the scoop....

We will not get a Arena Padme....HT won’t do a stomach exposure figure, simply because its too difficult, expensive and out of their wheelhouse.

Hot Toys did develop a new body for their Harley Quinn figures, I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with Padme, specially if they are planning on releasing several versions. Perhaps that's precisely why it's taking so long for them to release it. Though I do prefer the "undamaged" version, it does seem like a homage to Leia's white dresses.

d5877d6ee40f6af4e7d9315757403b0d.jpg

And kinda like a superhero costume, think Black Widow's like someone else already said. As long as it has a good headsculpt I'm good.

The only problem is they really need a look that fits with the already released Anakin......

Obviously Hot Toys does not care about this; Baze is unlikely to ever be released. Îmwe without Baze is like Han without Chewie, salt without pepper, peanut butter without jam, Bert without Ernie... you get the idea.

Obviously Hot Toys does not care about this; Baze is unlikely to ever be released. Îmwe without Baze is like Han without Chewie, salt without pepper, peanut butter without jam, Bert without Ernie... you get the idea.
Yes, they'll do whatever version will sell best, which is most likely ep2 arena version. She'll have Jango, Dooku and Yoda for now and hopefully we get phase 1 clone as well.

I'm hoping for a reveal this week. Feels like hot toys has been quiet since comic con(that dumb mini Antman thing doesn't count. Who's buying that?). Would love to see Padme tonight.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for a reveal this week. Feels like hot toys has been quiet since comic con(that dumb mini Antman thing doesn't count. Who's buying that?). Would love to see Padme tonight.

I'm buying that mini Antman... and Padme.

Im actually prefer they put some prototypes like Jango, Cody up for PO rather than brand new release. Padme is safe, she could wait :wink1:

Has to be Arena Padme.
OTHER than that, Mustafar Padme.
Has to be better than the SSC released TCW Snowbunny figure 😉

Another thread title that can drop "speculation" since Howard confirmed this figure is in development.

Everything is speculation until a figure goes up for preorder. Not even a full prototype counts anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back