Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why, after getting the lower half of his face totally calved up in the Bat-wing crash, he didn't ever think- 'you know what, maybe I should protect my whole face...'
Apparently he did at one point :monkey3
IMG_9544.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm not gonna count breathing apparatus required to live as evidence of Batman taking sufficient measures to protect his cheeks and lips from getting slashed or his teeth being chipped

Would love to know how those wings work though. If they actually flap super fast to make him fly, that would just be ridiculous.

Noticed my cape had slipped a bit on one side today so went to take the head off & it came off but accompanied by a satisfying cracking sound, but not in a good way.
Literally most of the inside of the head came away.
Iv had this since release & in one museum pose since new, never even attempted to move the eyes as I’d heard the horror stories.
Anyway I moved the pers left to right very gently & they immediately broke too.
As the plastic insides were broken it was easy to access the eyes themselves & adjust them as I’d like.
The head also sits on fine without the neck piece too, so out of this disaster I’m happy with how it looks & that I know I can change the eye positions now.
That & Iv got the 2.0 on pre order 😂

Attachments​

• IMG_0313.jpeg
    IMG_0313.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0314.jpeg
    IMG_0314.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Attachments

• IMG_0317.jpeg
    IMG_0317.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Same happened to me when I put the 89 Batman into the 89 batwing the neck peg just started falling apart and snapped off the cowl with no pressure felt brittle. So now the cowl just sits in the body inside the batwing for the end of time lol. And yes I ordered two of the 2.0 coming.

I ordered two also. I’m hoping this version won’t have all of the same issues that the dx09 has. The fact that both the suit and the actual figure have deteriorated is just ridiculous.

Same happened to me when I put the 89 Batman into the 89 batwing the neck peg just started falling apart and snapped off the cowl with no pressure felt brittle. So now the cowl just sits in the body inside the batwing for the end of time lol. And yes I ordered two of the 2.0 coming.
Yep exactly the same thing that happened to mine, i must of removed the head twice before just to install the custom cape.
I’m hoping they do the damaged version & il get that too

Alright, after taking a fresh look at my DX09 I suppose it might be time for an upgrade after all. The likeness is still there but it's definitely lacking in the detail and realism of this new version. And it'll be nice to be able to actually raise the arms and put him in more dynamic poses.

Unfortunately my old Jaxon cape is starting to fall apart so I'll need another one of those as well. Has anybody ever tried one of those Valhalla capes offered on ebay? It appears to be a similar quality as Jaxon but not sure if they're as good in hand...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2035850795...8stFp06SXC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Why is it falling apart?

Could the DX09 do a crossed-arms pose like the recent 1/12 Mezco figure can?

The actual plastic neck plug is deteriorating?
Probably just plastic getting old. Yesterday, I was switching out the outfit on my HT Kevin Flynn, and the body cracked open at one of the traps and one of the biceps. I hadn’t reposed the figure in about a year and now that I start moving it, the plastic was just giving out. The knees were also incredibly loose

Probably just plastic getting old. Yesterday, I was switch out the outfit on my HT Kevin Flynn, and the body cracked open at one of the traps and one of the biceps. I hadn’t reposed the figure in about a year and now that I start moving it, the plastic was just giving out. The knees were also incredibly loose

Crap! Is this the future of my prided collection?

I dare not move Bats or Joker then... or anything that's old.

Crap! Is this the future of my prided collection?

I dare not move Bats or Joker then... or anything that's old.
Maybe 🤔

Going to have to switch everything over to a Worldbox body since they have their “crazy durable” plastic. I still remember when they first came out, they posted videos of them throwing the bodies into concrete pillars and onto concrete floors from high elevations to show how resilient their bodies are. They would make a killing if they copied some regular HT bodies for us to replace our old figures with

There were battle damaged faces with the original DX09 heads? Or was that the Batman returns?

Back