1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the damaged version shown above an the "clean" version waiting in the wings and I think they fit the bill! The stands are very cool on their version to boot.

Tried putting the goggles on with the wind swept hair and one of the sides broke off....*****k!
Thinking of using the goggles from the ANH figure instead.

Pretty decent set that's packed with accessories. Glad to have these options along with the first release. Will put the poncho on the original figure and have that wait for Leia and Wicket!

20200302_203126b.jpg

IMG_2180c.jpg

Yeah, I'm still loving this figure. Just a great release. I remember when the Sideshow Deluxe came out some folks were convinced how much better it was going to be than the Hot Toys. I'm wondering if anyone still actually believes that.

Mine arrived yesterday, and I didn't know it was coming with two sabres (not including the light up one). That was a nice little extra, considering i'm piecing together a second figure out of the set.

Yeah, I'm still loving this figure. Just a great release. I remember when the Sideshow Deluxe came out some folks were convinced how much better it was going to be than the Hot Toys. I'm wondering if anyone still actually believes that.
$282.00
Stunt saber
Light up saber
Sandstorm poncho
Sandstorm goggles
Extra head new expression
Extra hairpiece
Motion blade
Environmental base with extras
Name plate
Material boots

I?d say the value is there even with the extra $47.00 price tag increase.

a594a0dde4f11e54afcba6857c54f0d7.jpg

$235.00
Cloak
004801c723b0ab28424d4138c740cecb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone defends the SS piece anymore. I have the SS helmeted head for a kitbashed Endor Luke and someone looking at my collection thought it was a random rebel trooper and not Luke.

It's crazy that Hot Toys hasn't made X Wing or Snowspeeder Luke yet. I hope the flight suit isn't going to be pink. Might be a Disney retcon though.

It's crazy that Hot Toys hasn't made X Wing or Snowspeeder Luke yet. I hope the flight suit isn't going to be pink. Might be a Disney retcon though.

Yeah a Pilot Luke of some kind is maybe my #1 want, I've been keeping an eye out for a cheap Sideshow if I can find one. I'd rather the X-Wing anyway, so glad it's the Rogue Pilot that's crazy money lol.

I don't think anyone defends the SS piece anymore. I have the SS helmeted head for a kitbashed Endor Luke and someone looking at my collection thought it was a random rebel trooper and not Luke.

The sculpt was my main gripe with it. I had it pre-ordered and ending up just eating the deposit. As much as I wanted to convince myself it looked like Luke/Mark Hamill, I just could never see it. Just looked like a generic face sculpt with Endor clothing on

I have three Lukes, a character I anticipated I'd get one of.

I'd cave immediately for a Snowspeeder release, and probably offload my Sideshow pilot figure in the process.

Tried to replicate the pose of the original figure with the new version. I didnt like the slightly open mouth sculpt initially, but with the windswept hair and superior paint app over the original, I think it now looks pretty bloody awesome!

I dont think I'll even use this neutral sculpt from the original figure. The new neutral sculpt with the eyes looking to the right is also better than the original!

IMG_2187b.jpg

Really liking the Endor look with Luke. Looking forward to adding Leia and Wicket later this year. Hopefully Hot Toys get off their arse and announce a frickin ESB Han and ROTJ Han soon!

IMG_2191b.jpg

Here's my look at the recent Hot Toys MMS517 Luke Skywalker Deluxe set. Even if you have the original release, I think this new set is worth getting. The two new head sculpts are an improvement, and the outfit is a nicer fit.

Together with the accessories from the original, you pretty much have two ROTJ Luke figures that can be displayed in any way you want to depict him from the movie.

Love the Endor poncho! Cant wait for Leia and Wicket to join him later in 2020!

On the waitlist for the deluxe version of this. Wondering if it will convert or if I should get it off BBTS instead while they still have it in stock.

Bbts still has more than 10 available. I asked before in this forum not sure why sideshow is waitlisted but no one knows. I'm going to order from them later this week I've been holding out for the version

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back