1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like HT designs all of their products to a micron of tolerance. I don't get it, there must be soooo many broken pieces from things being just so incredibly tight.

Lukes in da house, ill probably mess around with the poses and positioning more but for now a few pics

6D13A681-8A96-449B-92F8-953BE2D5BF80.jpg
533B60EA-4159-43FF-9FEB-F65E61B50105.jpg
24178750-2257-4E58-938B-E70536225231.jpg
B9ABD564-1FE3-45B9-AE5B-297297431B98.jpg
B3E82C55-1CE8-40D6-9CBE-3EADE7A86870.jpg
BBEB4F41-EBE9-4769-8669-FA0927C89F42.jpg
9C91A9D7-88FE-4047-8C33-8ABA1E8D9264.jpg

I love the fact that fat suit luke works so well with endor luke tabard, you end up with a much better looking jedi luke without the noticeable santa fat suit padding and a nice looking endor luke as well. Need both figures imo for the ultimate dx rotj luke setup

I really did not like my first jedi luke on the shelf, it never looked right esp next to other figures without the fat suit. In fact it look terrible imo. This deluxe solved all my problems. Shouldnt have had to buy 2 figures but if you put the total package together its not a bad deal since you get the extra fat suit body to use with endor tabard, endor helmet (works on all sculpts) and 3 headscuplts all with removeable hair, 3 light sabers hilts, 3 regular blades, 2 in action blades plus the better luke body for rotj outfit plus a **** ton of hand options, handcuffs, jedi robe, as well as two very different display bases and the scarf and googles. Its the ultimate rotj dx package. I didnt even count the lightsaber hilts that come with the battery arms since i dont use them, but thats 2 more hilts

i dont anticipate a better 1/6 rotj luke package in the near future. My only hope now is a 1/4 statue from either prime 1 or IS. I can hold off until either of them get the rights, since ssc aint doing **** with that scale license it may be sooner rather than later

Attachments

• 276F1951-49A4-4484-A5DB-909624B4C8A1.jpg
    276F1951-49A4-4484-A5DB-909624B4C8A1.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 332
  • C4A357C3-135F-4C89-979D-B945E45CA9BA.jpg
    C4A357C3-135F-4C89-979D-B945E45CA9BA.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 332
Lukes in da house, ill probably mess around with the poses and positioning more but for now a few pics

I really did not like my first jedi luke on the shelf, it never looked right esp next to other figures without the fat suit. In fact it look terrible imo. This deluxe solved all my problems.

Thats exactly the same reason why I've decided to purchase this Deluxe version. Jedi Luke - first version, is the weakest interpretation of SW characters in my collection so far.

View attachment 478814
View attachment 478815
View attachment 478816
View attachment 478817
View attachment 478821
View attachment 478822
View attachment 478823

I love the fact that fat suit luke works so well with endor luke tabard, you end up with a much better looking jedi luke without the noticeable santa fat suit padding and a nice looking endor luke as well. Need both figures imo for the ultimate dx rotj luke setup

I really did not like my first jedi luke on the shelf, it never looked right esp next to other figures without the fat suit. In fact it look terrible imo. This deluxe solved all my problems. Shouldnt have had to buy 2 figures but if you put the total package together its not a bad deal since you get the extra fat suit body to use with endor tabard, endor helmet (works on all sculpts) and 3 headscuplts all with removeable hair, 3 light sabers hilts, 3 regular blades, 2 in action blades plus the better luke body for rotj outfit plus a **** ton of hand options, handcuffs, jedi robe, as well as two very different display bases and the scarf and googles. Its the ultimate rotj dx package. I didnt even count the lightsaber hilts that come with the battery arms since i dont use them, but thats 2 more hilts

i dont anticipate a better 1/6 rotj luke package in the near future. My only hope now is a 1/4 statue from either prime 1 or IS. I can hold off until either of them get the rights, since ssc aint doing **** with that scale license it may be sooner rather than later

Great pics, glad I brought the deluxe version as well. Still have to unpack mine and do the same body swap with the first version as well.

Has anyone tried to remove the costume? I have been playing with an idea for a custom display.

Thanks!

Thats exactly the same reason why I've decided to purchase this Deluxe version. Jedi Luke - first version, is the weakest interpretation of SW characters in my collection so far.

I have the first version, but haven't even unboxed it yet. Is it really that bad? I'm disappointed in the lack of gloved hands myself and the slightly open mouth.

I have the first version, but haven't even unboxed it yet. Is it really that bad? I'm disappointed in the lack of gloved hands myself and the slightly open mouth.

It's not that bad, but Luke definitely isn't slim/sleek enough to sell the Death Star scene in just the black suit. Still good to have for the more neutral sculpt and other extras it comes with. It's win win when you have both.

It's not that bad, but Luke definitely isn't slim/sleek enough to sell the Death Star scene in just the black suit. Still good to have for the more neutral sculpt and other extras it comes with. It's win win when you have both.

It really is. There's so many different display options between the two that it'd be kind of frustrating to only have the deluxe.

It isnt that kind of "bad", I just simply dont feel it in the same league of quality with other Hot Toys figures in my SW collection.

Personal preference though.

Eh I've not seen the V2 in person so my opinion is biased but I've enjoyed mine since the day I got it and the paints are really solid. Forgive my through the glass shot, I'm reorganizing and can't open the doors right now.
0cb99017142b5693dbbee54a484260c6.jpg

So I have both the first release and deluxe. Both are great figures but the fat suit on the first release was too much.

So I did the following:
- Swapped the bodies between the two figures.

- Used the hair piece from the deluxe with the first release head sculpt (it?s more blonde)

- the deluxe has more black gloved hands so used the open palm.

aa595478fe27a7c2279d1a29f1b45d52.jpg
a31475d6cf98e5c18f4e2d3fcc979cda.jpg
09c0c3cfa4ab62959e907eaf53a874f5.jpg
0505bd9a0b190d7210d6c8a03222f548.jpg

I suppose the Deluxe is arguebly the better release. But I want the Jabba look, so quite happy with the first version.

Its been a while since I've posted some pics of my collection. But then come to think of it, it's been a while since I got a new figure.
Like some of you I have the first HT Jedi Luke release as well as the Deluxe Jedi Luke now. I chose Endor Luke and Sail Barge Luke for my display.
In my opinion the V2 body is better than V1 so I used the V1 Luke for my Endor Luke since the poncho covers the body.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_28c6.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_28c6.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 294
  • fullsizeoutput_28d1.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_28d1.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 290
  • fullsizeoutput_28c3.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_28c3.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 291
  • fullsizeoutput_28c8.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_28c8.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 290
  • fullsizeoutput_28cc.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_28cc.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 293
  • fullsizeoutput_28cf.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_28cf.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 292

It’s not ANH Luke bad, but it’s not Tarkin good. It’s simply a passable effort from HT, imo.

To me, this deluxe set isn’t miles better than the MMS429 offering to warrant needing to get this one at all costs being that it’s the same sculpt (with slightly better paint apps) as MMS429 with the eyes just gazing to the side instead, and the gritted teeth sculpt imo looks weird with anything outside of the Endor gear with the helmet on. Which set you get pretty much just depends what specific look(s) you want. For me, all I wanted in RotJ Luke was looks from Jabba’s Palace and DS2, so the first release suits my needs fine.

If you want all outfit options from the film though, both sets are required, as of course was HT’s plan.

Yeah without the cloak. The padding in the suit ruins the look. Getting the deluxe and switching things up works well

But the cloak is covering his body. I don't think it's necessary at all if you're going for the Jabba's palace, sail barge, or Endor look. If you want the DS2 look then I definitely agree that the slimmed fat suit of the second release is better.

But the cloak is covering his body. I don't think it's necessary at all if you're going for the Jabba's palace, sail barge, or Endor look. If you want the DS2 look then I definitely agree that the slimmed fat suit of the second release is better.

I agree. I?m contemplating on getting another body so I can use the robe. But that would then put me at 3 ROTJ Luke?s.

Back