1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shocked to see sideshow has this waitlisted and bigbadtoys has over 10. I bought the v1 sculpt some time back because I didnt like the side glance I think I'm gonna pull the trigger before these sell out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Shocked to see sideshow has this waitlisted and bigbadtoys has over 10. I bought the v1 sculpt some time back because I didnt like the side glance I think I'm gonna pull the trigger before these sell out.

It is a great piece, I would go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBTS has stuff in stock for a while after Sideshow sometimes, they really must buy up tons to have stock. They seem to want to have stuff on hand for a while as opposed to most retailers just trying to sell their preorders and move on.

I recently picked up the base version of this Luke, but I really need that windswept hair sculpt in my life.

Does anyone know if the Endor Tabard will fit on the version 1 luke without any modification? Id really prefer this one to be my main rotj luke because i like the body proportions better, id love just to swap the heads around and use ver1 one as endor luke

On a related note, does the Endor helmet fit on V1 Luke?

I read that this version doesn't have the fat suit that came with the original. I was wondering, does the regular Endor Luke also not have the fat suit?

Not a fan of the side eye look or the other deluxe parts since I would display one fighting Vader and the other on a speeder, so was thinking of just getting the regular Endor version and switch the bodies with the original since the poncho would cover the fat suit.

On a related note, does the Endor helmet fit on V1 Luke?

Yes.

I read that this version doesn't have the fat suit that came with the original. I was wondering, does the regular Endor Luke also not have the fat suit?

Not a fan of the side eye look or the other deluxe parts since I would display one fighting Vader and the other on a speeder, so was thinking of just getting the regular Endor version and switch the bodies with the original since the poncho would cover the fat suit.

That?s what I did. Used the deluxe Endor body for my throne room Luke and put the poncho on one of my version 1 figures.

"Your skills are complete. You truly are powerful as the Emperor has forseen..."

HT-ROTJ-LUKE v2-017.jpg

Yes. Same exact figure for the most part with no fat suit and trimmer tailoring on the shirt. There is a slim suit underneath but doesn?t have the padding the fat suit had.

Here is a quick shot of mine. Not much futzing yet, but he looks good on the bike I think!
f2b26827999bf2f503f84cdb3c80d5ca.jpg

So, after reading this thread, I just want to confirm some things if anyone could help me out.

I should buy the Deluxe right? But if I want a more pure Jedi look/Emperor Throne Room I should buy the original HT ROTJ Luke that released a while back? Aside from being less, there isn?t much of reason to buy the regular, right?

Anyways, great pics everyone.

So, after reading this thread, I just want to confirm some things if anyone could help me out.

I should buy the Deluxe right? But if I want a more pure Jedi look/Emperor Throne Room I should buy the original HT ROTJ Luke that released a while back? Aside from being less, there isn?t much of reason to buy the regular, right?

Anyways, great pics everyone.

Just buy the deluxe, even if you just want a Jedi/throne room look, the lesser fat suit makes him look better/thinner.

Not sure I follow the logic of the HT original Luke for a "pure Jedi" look. The only things the original Luke came with that the deluxe doesn't have is the Jabba Palace cloak and the hand bindings. Oh and the fat suit, lol. The original comes with that.

That's a cool looking display, ST1138!

You've got the flexibility of swapping out the speederbike rider and having Luke about to cut the front vanes.

Thanks DKBB and Fly&Flight!

I actually really like how he looks on the bike. I was going to have him slicing the front vanes first, but decided to try this and think it looks cool. I would also like to get another bike, but it?s like do I do that or get another figure? [emoji848]

Just recieved mine here in the UK. Stunning figure! However is it just me or is there a knack to getting the crotch grabber into the base? Mine won't go in for love nor money, even when using boiling water on it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah it seems to be a common issue with this release. It will go in, but it's not easy. I eventually had to use a small flathead screwdriver to ease my crotch grabber into the base.

Yeah it seems to be a common issue with this release. It will go in, but it's not easy. I eventually had to use a small flathead screwdriver to ease my crotch grabber into the base.
Just managed it amidst much sweating and buckling plastic. I sliced a very thin layer off around the sides of the base slot using a craft knife and it eventually went in.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back