1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also keep in mind that if these codes are like last year's, if you use them once then you likely will be barred from using any future issued code that is in "that category" i.e. a shipper coupon.

Great shots but really prefer the straight looking gaze over the side glancing one.

Excellent pictures! Though I agree that with the neutral expression sculpt, I prefer the straight-eyed one as opposed to the side glance, and I’m not feeling that gritted teeth sculpt on anything other than with the full Endor gear on.

Love those pics!! I placed my order for the deluxe from BBTS earlier. I shouldn't have and wasn't planning on getting him this soon but dammit I need him before he's gone.

Side glance gives impression like there is something scarry on his right. Like this:
Rey+Kylo+Ren.jpg

When I put the Endor Luke together from the spare parts of the Deluxe set I used a black shirt from a Kroenen figure and Sideshow Buffy's leggings. To the eye they looked fine, but in photographs there was a noticeable difference in the colour of the shirt and leggings.

Yesterday, while looking for black trousers to put together the Toys Power V for Vendetta 2.0 fencing outfit, I thought of the Disney Krennic uniform. I bought five of those when they were really cheap and have found the smaller bodies to be very useful. The riding breeches have such a big thigh flare in them that they seemed useless.

But no! All I had to do was turn them inside out, cut the thigh flare off and sew them back together along the new seam.

So Disney Krennic to the rescue yet again...

49459231222_6c763e2a56_o.jpg

Got him out of the box and in Endor gear for a quick preview for myself...

HT-ROTJ-LUKE v2-001.jpg

I'll have more time this weekend to really check him out, but my initial impressions are good. That teeth grit portrait actually looks pretty good in person. The poncho is good, helmet ok. About that helmet...in complete agreement with those that have commented that it's not a quick on/off and it does seem like a potential damage point for the portraits. I actually still like Sideshow's helmets from the Endor Troopers the best visually. The chin strap on this HT one is a little cheap looking. But a minor nit with all of the other display options this figure offers.

Evil temptation...

HT-ROTJ-LUKE v2-002.jpg

While it may be the same patterns used for the cut-m-sew, the tailoring and overall quality is much improved. I think the body appears much more evenly proportioned with this new figure. It doesn't render the v1 into a bad figure by any means.

I can be counted among those who've said they were going to pass on this figure but are glad they didn't.
It does look great. More shots later.

Last edited:
AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! This is my most anticipated figure and DHL EXPRESS told me it was stolen so they consider it lost. I have contacted Sideshow on Tuesday via their ticketing system but I am still waiting for a reply. It was shipped directly from Hong Kong, so between the Chinese holidays and the Coronavirus problem, I suppose it will take days or even weeks to be resolved. I’m so jealous of you guys who have already received it...

Back