Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great shots, kgphil01 and hen88!

I like the Hasbro Black Series figure in your shot, hen88-wish HT would do THAT version with the poncho - it's the version I associate more with TLJ than this one. They'll probably never do it though.

And wow, Kamandi - REALLY like the pose/stance you came up with here- looks great! Did you remove the crotch-grabber to achieve that one-foot off pose? That's the one-up on the SSC hexi-stands I really like is the ability to swivel the post - adds a lot of options. Great shot!

Thanks! I love Rey and will absolutely buy any version of her they release. But I can see why they chose not to re-release Resistance Rey. If it were up to me, I would have held off on the release until after TLJ and included the poncho and an updated head sculpt. But I’m just happy they released a version of her in that outfit. I can live without the poncho.

I have not had really any time to futz with her and find different poses but here she is straight out of the box with only her lightsaber forearm changed. Really solid figure, I cannot take any good shots of her face which do it justice like in hand. If I am let down at all is only because my last HT figures were Anakin and Jedi Luke which have so many more display options to mess with.
c10e9732eb850c4f9b54bc6ee583f263.jpg
f2bd6a5454bd36e3db81feb7cdc5b626.jpg

And Porgs!!!!
2fe735bd37e8c346a0b0e70662391b01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it, cereal!

Every time I think a particular figure might be one I could possibly drop, in hand pictures from this group always make me change my mind.

I thank you, but my wallet doesn’t...

I still have to break out my good camera to take shots of several new things, but took a quick one with my phone.

E0B2F6F2-BC2F-4379-BEB1-DA5B22D64DF0.jpg

Love it, cereal!

Every time I think a particular figure might be one I could possibly drop, in hand pictures from this group always make me change my mind.

I thank you, but my wallet doesn’t...

Hey glad you like it! I am very curious about what she will look like in IX and was going to hold off but I'll be honest TLJ really rekindled my love and devotion to Star Wars. Probably because of the possibilities the film opened up and the expansion of the lore. Not having a figure to commemorate the film felt sacrilegious. I have no regrets buying her and I doubt you will either. Your wallet and budget on the other hand....well all I can say is I'm sorry [emoji23]

Of course I would be a liar if I said this is what I really wanted from the film and when I didn't get that I was let down. I got over it but what could have been....Master Luke Skywalker and his new apprentice Rey....
dfa960e68226129320b0e2fffc2a10c7.jpg
0179cc505bcd5687bd884b91241670a9.jpg

Of course I would be a liar if I said this is what I really wanted from the film and when I didn't get that I was let down. I got over it but what could have been....Master Luke Skywalker and his new apprentice Rey....
dfa960e68226129320b0e2fffc2a10c7.jpg
0179cc505bcd5687bd884b91241670a9.jpg

Well we did get a glimpse of Luke in this outfit with the saber with the flashback of Ben Solo . So I think the brown outfit really was Luke giving up

Hey glad you like it! I am very curious about what she will look like in IX and was going to hold off but I'll be honest TLJ really rekindled my love and devotion to Star Wars. Probably because of the possibilities the film opened up and the expansion of the lore. Not having a figure to commemorate the film felt sacrilegious. I have no regrets buying her and I doubt you will either. Your wallet and budget on the other hand....well all I can say is I'm sorry [emoji23]

I agree! I bought the Episode 8 Rey and Kylo just because of The Last Jedi movie. I truly love where the films have gone, and eagerly look forward to Episode 9. I know a lot of people are mad about how things went in these new films, but honestly, it was time for a change and I am glad JJ Abrams, and Rian Johnson have chosen to breathe new life into it. I just received the Rey figure, and it is amazingly well done! I haven't had time to set her up yet, but I know that she will look stunning alongside my Anakin (RotS) figure, and Kylo once he's released.

I agree! I bought the Episode 8 Rey and Kylo just because of The Last Jedi movie. I truly love where the films have gone, and eagerly look forward to Episode 9. I know a lot of people are mad about how things went in these new films, but honestly, it was time for a change and I am glad JJ Abrams, and Rian Johnson have chosen to breathe new life into it. I just received the Rey figure, and it is amazingly well done! I haven't had time to set her up yet, but I know that she will look stunning alongside my Anakin (RotS) figure, and Kylo once he's released.

Yeah I'm a big fan of what Rian Johnson did. He took the story to places I did not expect or want at the time (Luke wanting the Jedi to die for being the reason the cycle repeats itself, Rey not having a lineage of importance) but more importantly bringing back the mysticism I felt in Empire. I love that the story is now showing larger events happening besides just the Skywalker family. Rey in my view was awakened and chosen by The Force to reach the man who is meant to inspire hope in the galaxy. Luke shut himself off from it and Rey had to be the one to convince Luke he was still needed to provide the spark that can inspire a galaxy taken over by the dark side again. This was an unexpected twist for me and made the title "A New Hope" more important than I ever realized. I honestly have never loved the character of Luke Skywalker more than after seeing TLJ.

Sorry I won't derail the thread anymore I promise [emoji56] Back to the figure, I know rooted hair suck but I do wish I wasn't always worried when I try to reposition her head that I am going to break a strand of her hair. That's my only real negative so far.

Trying some natural light photos of her. Likeness is there, just difficult to capture in my opinion. Plus using my iPhone for photos is somewhat like repeatedly punching myself in the face to capture what I see in person.
7eb46ffab93d4b452fbf1c88c5ede70b.jpg
98a3de350545a0ea1e52fc3b580db93a.jpg

Trying some natural light photos of her. Likeness is there, just difficult to capture in my opinion. Plus using my iPhone for photos is somewhat like repeatedly punching myself in the face to capture what I see in person.
7eb46ffab93d4b452fbf1c88c5ede70b.jpg
98a3de350545a0ea1e52fc3b580db93a.jpg

Great pics, also loved your comments on TLJ. I feel like I'm also in the camp of very happy with what we got, but also selfishly wish we could have a had some things that didn't happen... but that's every movie lol. It seems like the internet either expects you to blindly hate or blindly love something, and it's impossible to really enjoy something while being like "well I probably would've wanted this" lol

Anyway. Figure looks rad. I want to get my Resistance Rey in a pose like this!

I didn’t hate TLJ, I just didn’t really like it as much as TFA as a whole. It had its (albeit rare) moments, and I liked Luke’s character arc. I’d honestly only rank it above TPM and AotC on my list of favorite SW films though.

After this Rey and Ahch-To Luke, I think I’m done with ST figures. I’d only potentially get another Rey, depending on how she looks and what happens in IX.

I have a feeling JJ is going to give her a really badass Jedi outfit in IX, that we're all going to be dying to have a figure of.

And hopefully he brings back her signature hair buns too.

Back