Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure he said that. He said he wouldn't be the last Jedi. That's not the same as saying that Rey is currently a full-fledged Jedi. Wasn't there some thing in the lore where a Jedi had to make his or her own lightsaber as a last step, if nothing else. Not that there's really anyone to moderate that any more.

I felt it was heavily implied. Facing Kylo again, and confronting Snoke was her trial, as Luke confronting Vader and the Emperor was his. By any measure the old Jedi Council would have granted her knighthood after that.

Yeah I was thinking it might have something to do with her being tempted by the dark side, but really it was just about her facing off against Snoke and all his guards. :p

I thought this as well until I saw TLJ. :D

Should HT rename this figure "The Last Jedi - Rey - (Self-Taught Version)"? ;)

:chase

:lol :lol

Still kind of annoyed by the name of this figure, she didn’t spend one second of training in this outfit. Jedi Knight would be more appropriate, as Luke confirmed she had become a Jedi at the end. Resistance outfit is her actual Jedi training uniform.

Yep.... Jedi in name only

Just pre-ordered from Sideshow direct (cashed in some points). What a fantastic price point for this figure! I'm actually surprised as I would have thought she'd go closer to $300.

Anyway, I'll probably be changing out the portrait (repainted, haired, etc.). Which Rey portrait so far would you all say is the best likeness for Daisy Ridley? I believe there are two official and at least a couple bootlegs out there...

Dude... her eyes are too far apart and not the right shape. Her mouth is too wide. The sculpt looks great but it’s not Daisy Ridley. Hit Facebook for comparisons.

As far as price point, I haven’t purchased on the first market in a while, so I’m out of the game for factory figures. Everything I’ve purchased in the last couple years have been customs and after-market. I bought this figure because I like how much effort and mixed media HT has put into it. Just thinking about options for the portrait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude... her eyes are too far apart and not the right shape. Her mouth is too wide. The sculpt looks great but it’s not Daisy Ridley. Hit Facebook for comparisons.

As far as price point, I haven’t purchased on the first market in a while, so I’m out of the game for factory figures. Everything I’ve purchased in the last couple years have been customs and after-market. I bought this figure because I like how much effort and mixed media HT has put into it. Just thinking about options for the portrait.

We’ll get you up to speed. $300 would have made her the most expensive Star Wars figure so far—tied with ANH Hot Toys Vader. And the most expensive single human figure from Hot Toys ever.

The other Hot Toys Rey sculpt (TFA/Scavenger) was also re-used for the Resistance version had very mixed reviews. There was also a custom of Rey from Creg customs, but that also had mixed reviews, both of those sculpts have her TFA hair style.

Lol... yeah, maybe so. But I am definitely on the wrong thread. She’s a great figure. I’ll leave it at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This wouldn’t have even been close to $300. Not sure why one would expect it to be.

Sculpt wise, I personally like TFA portrait better. Just judging by the proto on this one at least.

I can't get enough of Rey
just bought the first one
looking for the second
and now can't wait for this one

Re: Hot Toys The Last Jedi Rey 1/6 Figure

I noticed they don't have any photos of her actually holding the blaster; will one of these included hands do the job?

star-wars-the-last-jedi-rey-jedi-training-sixth-scale-hot-toys-903205-21.jpg

Unless the final movie Rey blows my mind...this will be my only Rey....love this look

Unless the final movie Rey blows my mind...this will be my only Rey....love this look
Same. I'm surprised people are liking TFA sculpt more than this new one, to me this is far superior. Even before this was announced I wasn't a fan of that sculpt. Always thought it looked like she had a mouth guard in / weird expression.

Back