Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Last Jedi Rey 1/6 Figure

I'm undecided on this one. It looks great but the outfit might be too close to the Jakku Rey for me. I might just use my Resistance Rey to represent TLJ for now. I'll wait until I see the movie, I think.

But the head sculpt is a huge difference

This figure and the sculpt look really nice. Likeness wise, I think it's better than TFA sculpt. However, as maligned as it is for looking like a "mouthpiece" I think I actually like the mouth with slight teeth showing (with the detail, not the white strip) of the previous sculpt better, as Daisy kind of has wide, discernible teeth and often wears an expression that often slightly shows them.

If you could read my posts in the voice I write them in you'd find my funnies ;P you have a terrible sense of humor CASE CLOSED

Is this even English? :lol

But the head sculpt is a huge difference

It's definitely a decent sculpt, but I just think proportionately it's too narrow and long. And something about the mouth is kinda strange too.
Like I said, feature-wise it's closer to Daisy than the TFA one - but I think the proportions and shape of the TFA face are better. The TLJ sculpt makes her look way older than she is IMO. Jaw/chin way too "strong" looking, narrow, etc.. idk man - it looks like it could be Rey at age 30 maybe, but the face shape is just off.

Screen-Shot-2017-07-25-at-15.38.02.jpg star-wars-the-last-jedi-rey-jedi-training-sixth-scale-hot-toys-903205-07.jpg

Rey-Star-Wars-Leather-Jacket.jpg hot-toys-star-wars-the-force-awakens-rey-bb-8-collectible-set_pr14.jpg

Yeah, I could agree with that.

I think this one captures Daisy's facial structure a bit better, but I think the proportions of TFA sculpt appear to be a bit better as to what her actual head shape is.

I suck at photoshop but at least closer to how it should be I think (edit on the left):

imbadatphotoshop2.jpg

The Photoshop a page ago nailed her likeness though.

Agreed. The photoshop on the right looks spot on.

ZVabo2a.jpg

Basically, the eyes, nose and mouth area is a bit too spaced out. They need to scrunch them all together ever so slightly a bit more and round the head a bit more.

Agreed. The photoshop on the right looks spot on.

ZVabo2a.jpg

Basically, the eyes, nose and mouth area is a bit too spaced out. They need to scrunch them all together ever so slightly a bit more and round the head a bit more.

Your photoshop is much better than my photoshop haha

Looks like Keira Knightley. The Photoshop a page ago nailed her likeness though.

Honestly they are quite similar. Just look at them. And how they smile. Like sisters at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly they are quite similar. Just look at them. And how they smile. Like sisters at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keira Knightley's first role was as Padme's decoy. So she was selected for looking a lot like... Rey's potential grandmother.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Your photoshop is much better than my photoshop haha

Not mine. It was already posted on the top of page 29, I was merely reposting it to agree that it demonstrates exactly how this sculpt is off, as I think that photoshop nails the likeness.

It also demonstrates just how TFA sculpt captured the proportions of her head better, as the photoshop on the right in that image has the same round shape that TFA sculpt has.

This (photoshop version):

image.jpeg

To me just about exactly matches this:

attachment.php

Not mine. It was already posted on the top of page 29, I was merely reposting it to agree that it demonstrates exactly how this sculpt is off, as I think that photoshop nails the likeness.

It also demonstrates just how TFA sculpt captured the proportions of her head better, as the photoshop on the right in that image has the same round shape that TFA sculpt has.

This (photoshop version):

View attachment 371507

To me just about exactly matches this:

attachment.php

Eyes need to be bigger.

It looks good, but I wonder if they're doing another Rey for TLJ. I've seen pics of her with a poncho.

I am not feeling these Last Jedi figures. They all look really low quality to me.

Usually I get hyped with each new figure. Not this time. I can't stop thinking about the hype and build up to Infinity War.

Hmmm july 2018 release and SSC still has the TFA Rey in stock..I think I will wait to order , definitely don’t think a NRD is necessary

Back