1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to wait for Kylo, I justify this but using point to take off about 50 bucks after it releases. Especially since I am a sucker for exclusives, and this is not exclusive. I am really beginning to like the design. I think seeing the back of the helmet has really helped. The damage details and worn used looks is something that adds character. After we get a look at what is under the helmut we might like him even more! who says he will be a nice human face? He might be as scarred as Vader was.

As a side note , after reading the precious discussion;

Most of us love SW because we saw it with innocent eyes that were ready to be told a story about good and evil. Where the hero wins and alot of stuff blows up and there are cool robots and lazar swords.....

For those of us fortunate enough to be alive when this movie came out, it VERY important to remember NOTHING like this movie had been done on thsi scale or this well. Ot was totally fresh and new to our young senses. Add a line of toys that came out with it, also something that had not been done on this scale before and you have a recipe for INTENSE bonding and childhood memories.

Our fandom is a reflection of our desire to hit those highs we got as a child again. Something that can never happen, no matter how many movies they make , or how many original cast members we get, or how many cool HT figures made.we can chase that feeling we had as children but we can never get them back. Perhaps a fleeting glimpse here and there , but they depend on thats to keep us chasing and spending.

I personally saw the second trilogy fans were mostly people who wanted "in" on the "thing" that is SW. But with those films the originality , toys and such had already been done over dozens of times. Add to that some really bad films and they just could not resonate with children they way OT did. It had already been done, nothing really new to see there, but for the sake of joining a group they hung on.

Now here we are again, all abuzz with the new films hoping they will take us back to that feeling of wonder and excitement of being a kid. In that aspect the film can only hope to succeed for a short time if at all. Reality is far more powerful to an adult mind. No matter how good it is or how many cool toys are made.

So, lets just hope for some good entertainment and a few cool toys to burn the time away some more. But make no mistake , we will never be able to see any film the way we saw SW in our youth.

Xipo

BTW the closest I have ever gotten to the "I am a kid again" feeling for any length of time was in my visits to Walt Disney World on a pre paid vacation. So , as a Disney fan , I am hoping for a touch of that magic.

Quoted for truth! Well said.

Kylo Ren: $225
First Order Stormtrooper (x2): $410
First Order Stormtrooper Squad Leader: $220

Total: $850+shipping

No quite $1000, but close! :rotfl

Definitely up there. I'm also planning to get one or two of the 2-packs as well. I'm really hoping Hot Toys takes it easy on us and these release at least a month apart. If these all release at once it's going to be tough.

:slap

The discipline sends chills up my spine. I salute you. And that actually sounds like a perfect display for the 9-part saga -- the key villain from each of the first episodes of the three trilogies.

ZE would say that is balanced nicely.

Approved! ;)

I just mentioned in another thread that Kylo's design is growing on me. I listened to his voice clips online just now. He sounds villainous.

Now here we are again, all abuzz with the new films hoping they will take us back to that feeling of wonder and excitement of being a kid. In that aspect the film can only hope to succeed for a short time if at all. Reality is far more powerful to an adult mind. No matter how good it is or how many cool toys are made, it can never give us years of unbridled excitement they way it did as a child.

So, lets just hope for some good entertainment and a few cool toys to burn the time away some more. But make no mistake , we will never be able to see any film the way we saw SW in our youth.

:goodpost:

They can imitate all they want, but 1977-1983 cannot be matched or replicated.

Thats a $1000 dollar shot right there

or a $7 shirt at Wal-Mart, at the very least:lol

11850081_1484467841848604_715384368_n.jpg

I just mentioned in another thread that Kylo's design is growing on me.

To EU aficionados he's just Darth Revan retooled - not that that's a bad thing.

They can imitate all they want, but 1977-1983 cannot be matched or replicated.

That was part of the problem with the prequels, along with the fact they were inherently weaker films. But just as the PT got bashed for being too different to the OT, the ST runs the risk of being too similar or referential.

For me the prequels achieved their purpose of giving the OT a back story without overshadowing it.

Oh god I hope this movie doesn't suck... :pray:

I imagine it's going to go the route of Two and A Half Men. It will start off alright and then go bat**** crazy. The third movie in the new trilogy will end with George Lucas turning around in the Director's chair, saying "midichlorians", and then getting crushed by an escape pod.

Oh god I hope this movie doesn't suck... :pray:

Look on the bright side. After the film comes out and buyer's remorse kicks in, you'll be able to pick up cheap figures on Ebay. :wink1:

I imagine it's going to go the route of Two and A Half Men. It will start off alright and then go bat**** crazy. The third movie in the new trilogy will end with George Lucas turning around in the Director's chair, saying "midichlorians", and then getting crushed by an escape pod.

Luckily, Lucas isn't involved, otherwise it'd probably be the Blazing Saddles of Star Wars films...

It depends also on where you display your figures. I have room just for two detolf at the moment, and just one shelf for Star Wars figures, so I must think in terms of maximum three figures, that's why I'm now thinking about Maul, Vader, and Ren, instead of Vader, Stormtrooper and Boba Fett, because I want to represent the entire saga by using just three characters.
Of course, at the moment, we don't know how important Kylo Ren will be, but considering the trailer he should have an important role, and for sure he looks totally badass.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I think I will be doing maul, vader and ren too! Thank u sir [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckily, Lucas isn't involved, otherwise it'd probably be the Blazing Saddles of Star Wars films...

Funny how we say that now about THE ACTUAL CREATOR of Star Wars who had major (but not total) creative control over the best films in the series.

He might've actually done alright under Disney ownership and without UNLIMITED POWER!

Funny how we say that now about THE ACTUAL CREATOR of Star Wars who had major (but not total) creative control over the best films in the series.

He might've actually done alright under Disney ownership and without UNLIMITED POWER!

I loved Revenge of The Sith - so for me he went out on a really good note. I don't see him in a negative light at all, even if TPM & AOTC aren't perfect films. That't the thing though, people online tend to make those films out to be abominations. In reality they're good films with some very noticeable flaws, particularly in dialogue and overuse of CGI.

Do I prefer J.J. at the helm instead of George? Yes. Do I prefer Rian Johnson at the helm instead of George? Absolutely (I wish he was doing the full trilogy). Do I prefer Colin Trevorrow at the helm instead of George? Nope.

It's difficult to order any of these new figures before seeing the movie but they do look rather good so I think it'll be a struggle to hold out.

In reality they're good films with some very noticeable flaws, particularly in dialogue and overuse of CGI.
That's just your own reality though, in my reality they are bad, bad movies. Every single aspect of them is a misstep (apart from the music). Calling them 'good' movies is a bit of an insult to actual good movies. Oh what could have been.

That's just your own reality though, in my reality they are bad, bad movies. Every single aspect of them is a misstep (apart from the music). Calling them 'good' movies is a bit of an insult to actual good movies. Oh what could have been.

Belated welcome to the board, you definitely know where your towel is. :hi5:

Back